New ride over rivertown area

mark

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The booster bike ride looks pretty gimicky I think. Don't know if it will gain much popularity. Time frame, they are looking to make boxing day 2005 (next summer). If this new coaster is built over rivertown, which at the moment sounds very likely. I wonder what will take the available land from the Thunderbolt... considering the flyer would not be ready til summer 2005, the Thunderbolt site may remain empty for quite some time. http://www.rcdb.com/installationgallery274....htm?Picture=31 The booster bike just doesnt look like much fun at all.

If this new coaster is built over rivertown, which at the moment sounds very likely. I wonder what will take the available land from the Thunderbolt... considering the flyer would not be ready til summer 2005, the Thunderbolt site may remain empty for quite some time. http://www.rcdb.com/installationgallery274....htm?Picture=31 The booster bike just doesnt look like much fun at all.

"Excited". Correct spelling there. I think, while I wild shot, Dreamworld could take the following two options: -Create a draw bridge so when the Paddlewheeler approaches the bridge splits into two. -Like someone else said, create a floating pathway and moore the paddle wheeler up near the Rocky Hollow ramp and use it as a restaurant. I'll get some photos of where i'm talking about this weekend, just remind me....

A drawbridge, now that is a good idea. But out of interest, how much space on the island are we talking about here? What is its length and width? It would be better if the ride didnt go over the water because it would be sad to seen the Paddlesteamer go, the show on it was really good from what I could remember. Maybe there could be a whole new themed area for the island, Maybe medieval with this rumoured flyer to be about dragons. Then the drawbrdige would be an actual feature.

I seriously dis-like medieval for Dreamworld, given the area that it is in etc. I'd go with Jungle, heavy shrubbery, great sound effects on the island, low level fog around the footpaths for that eery feeling, ooohhh the possibilities! I think that Dreamworld really needs some of our opinions to get a ride like this to work, and what I mean by that is, who-ever Dreamworld's landscapers are need some help and input from the G.P.! I think that removing the Cap. Stuart will add great themeing opportunities, here's one I just prepared. As you walk through Rivertown, a small delapotade bridge (floating bridge with old style wood etc.) with a sign "Caution, broken bridge!" leads into an island of jungle and mystery. You get to the island and the only thing you can see is the very heavy shubbery, the zig-zag type footpath and the fog around your ankles when you approach the entrance to this Jurassic-park like building where you enter for a roller coaster like no other. The floorless roller coaster hypes up in it's dark green colours and heads off through a maze of excitement through the island dodging animals, going underground into smokey tunnels, into the air and the typical quality ride you'd expect from B&M. I think i'll need some sketches to get you guys fully understanding what I mean but I think i'm onto something.

Jurrasic park theme could be good,DW could use the ones in TRR :)I'm not sure anymore;a flyer would be good,mainly because it would be new for Aus,and something I've never experienced before.(I wannna go to the States!)As I said,a standup would be good,but a flyer would be more compatible in the area.Well,it fits better in my opinion.Your ideas with the bridge(wich still allows Caturn Stuart to run)and the fog and jungle is great,but DW's area is naturally bush,that means alot of pulling shrubs out and different ones back in.Any other possible themes?

I know exactly what will happen in the first 12 months of such an idea...the low fog will be canned because of the high expense of running it and the sound effects will end up breaking down and not being fixed. Theming will deteriorate from lack of attention and it will be forgotten about when they start the Thunderbolt project... We really should just give up on theming for Dreamworld, there is just too much past precedent on what will happen to it in the long term.

I know exactly what will happen in the first 12 months of such an idea...the low fog will be canned because of the high expense of running it and the sound effects will end up breaking down and not being fixed. Theming will deteriorate from lack of attention and it will be forgotten about when they start the Thunderbolt project...
That sounds remarkably like a ride I once knew. It was a probe that reached to space but I’m not sure what happened to it. "The Bus is now leaving for Sounds Rivulet, Tasmania"

Just a thought everyone, I went looking at the vekoma web site again today, looking at the coaster offerings.....if you have a look there you will see the TEN LOOP coaster. It was designed to have many elements. it is a launched coaster, it has vertical loops x2 (have a look, it could be a new thunderbolt the two loops together and they are very large) it has a boomerang,corkscrews, heartline rolls, camel backs, double spiral, It looks awsome on the pic when u click to enlarge it, and it says it only requires a smallish footprint....just wondering how much vekoma would charge for this baby. check it out at www.vekoma.com

I was thinking vekoma too because it's cheaper and paramount have vekoma flyers like Stealth which is now Borg over at PCW. and dreamworld have lately been getting all things paramount, Nick Land, tomb raider. but I guess we will have to wait till next year to find out. by the way when I rode Stealth it was awesome feels great flying though a loop but the ending had alot of head banging but that vekoma for ya.