Sea World's wooden coaster delays changes the theme park landscape this summer – potentially for the better

Parkz News

On 13/10/21 at 5:56 PM, Park Addict 93 said:

image.thumb.png.2f82c46d374a7b21dc1bf5657ddd302c.png

I do hope they include the bat nipple suit from Batman Forever.

Movie world just shared this on their story (checkout their Instagram for the full video), but it features sets/costumes from the DC Universe. Could we be seeing a Justice League inspired exhibit at WB Showcase

D7F20BA8-531B-4670-931D-2A268F80AB25.jpeg

4 hours ago, themagician said:

Movie world just shared this on their story (checkout their Instagram for the full video), but it features sets/costumes from the DC Universe. Could we be seeing a Justice League inspired exhibit at WB Showcase

D7F20BA8-531B-4670-931D-2A268F80AB25.jpeg

Just a promo for DC Fandome this weekend, and the Justice League display at Madam Taussads in Sydney 

7 hours ago, Dom said:

Also @Jobe brings up a really good point that I feel is ignored. Luna Park Sydney is still on-track to open 9 new rides by the end of the year. Their project was announced during the pandemic, has been at the epicentre of one of Australia's worst outbreaks and is still chugging along despite the NSW situation. If anybody has a good excuse, it's them. But come next week they're expected to open their 8 new rides and the single rail is still on-track for December. 

I'm fine with delays. They are a part of the industry and there is nothing you can do about them. But I hate being treated like an idiot by businesses that think we can't think for themselves. From what I can gather your conclusion is derived from talks within VRTP that suggest this is a business decision, so I'm placing this on you. But the suggestion that delaying a landmark attraction for 'business reasons' before one of the most critical periods in the industry seems almost as daft as Apple coming out and saying removing the headphone port was 'courage'. They hope that people wont look any deeper, but when you do it ultimately makes sense. 

So a couple of things. LPS doesn’t really have any direct competition in a city of 5 million. They’ll do fine. In addition businesses were given high confidence that life would resume once targets were met, so many projects pushed through. Very different circumstances on the GC for tourism operators as the government is not providing any degree of certainty. This leaves the limited local market to support multiple major openings. Dreamworld is comfortable with this (perhaps out of necessity), VRTP is not.

You’re not being treated like an idiot. Supply delays or whatever is an easier sell than we’ll make more money by delaying. I don’t understand how this is anything other than good business. You can’t really take a punt with this level of capital.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Im Hungry said:

Could we see the instalment of a golden dolphin erected at Sea World too (like golden Bugs)? Doubt it, but perhaps that wall can be replaced by a golden dolphin (it'll make a great photo spot and liven up that entrance again).

At best, they take the dolphin statues that are outside dolphin cove (and used to be outside the waterpark and i'm sure other places in the park) and paint them gold. 

I don't know about the walrus. Something tells me the person with the skills to restore the walrus back to its original paintjob was probably long ago made redundant in favour of a cheap digital signwriting machine, and we'll end up with some 'Behold the Monkey' style repaint once the birthday celebrations are done.

Is it just me, or does it seem like this is being half arsed?

In other related anniversary \ birthday news - I just heard Movie World just got in their gold 30th birthday keyrings. Better late than never I guess.

13 hours ago, themagician said:

9 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

Just a promo for DC Fandome this weekend, and the Justice League display at Madam Taussads in Sydney 

Yeah what Brad said, although the new exhibit is going to be DC (but narrower focus than JL) last I heard.

Would make sense to me to launch in December with Heroes and Villains event.

15 minutes ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

In other related anniversary \ birthday news - I just heard Movie World just got in their gold 30th birthday keyrings. Better late than never I guess.

Keychains/Magnets/Shirts debuted in June, pin is new.
image.thumb.png.e7cc73bac0014538dd0ba85a83e1ad33.png

Edited by Park Addict 93

So it's looking like state borders to Queensland will be open right in time for the summer school holidays to start. It will be interesting to see where the crowds end up going. There's a lot of double-vaxxed NSW folk chomping at the bit to go on a holiday over summer and with Dreamworld having a big new coaster it would make sense for people to make that their go-to park of their trip.

I think Village will be fine. They've got a solid brand that they can rest on these holidays, but I would be wary of Dreamworld if I was them. The Christmas holidays is their opportunity to show off their progress after their well broadcasted shortcomings. If Steel Taipan goes off without a hitch, the park is well-presented and the atmosphere is energetic then I reckon a lot more people will consider Dreamworld holidays in the future especially now that WWW is basically a land of the park. It's their opportunity to win back some market share and from what I'm seeing they'll hopefully knock it out of the park. 

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...