Movie world Maintenance 2022

Smol bean

1 minute ago, New display name said:

AA while ticking the box of being around for ever, it didn't tick the box that I wanted to ride it.

The only time people voluntarily rode AA was when they wanted their spine readjusted. My favourite in-park photos have always been on that ride because I look like I'm ready to embrace the sweet release of death.

No photo description available.

34 minutes ago, New display name said:

@Cactus_Matt Does MDMC becomes a classic when it reaches 20 years old?

@DomMovie World without Superman idea makes sense because even after 17 years it's the one ride, I ride every time.

Test of time isn't just about the age of something for me @Proshall Muttait's the ride that you continue and want to ride.  AA while ticking the box of being around for ever, it didn't tick the box that I wanted to ride it.

Would say I agree with your description as a whole - though as was also said, suppose a classic is what you make of it. Kind of a little more difficult when not many of the original rides still remain, though.

On 29/03/2022 at 6:12 PM, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

directions for movie World - enter, turn left. That is all.

Laughably, I heard that Justice League also went down that day. What a joke.

16 hours ago, Cactus_Matt said:

I only ever rode it as Lethal Weapon so my experience was always like being slapped in both ears by Will Smith or maybe should that be Danny Glover in that case.

I'm getting too old for this shit.

With the carousel closed and Pounce n Bounce gone, the kids area is now in a truly sorry state. Why they haven't put in another couple of rides by now, I don't understand (I mean I'm guessing it's money but you know - choices)

Edited by GoGoBoy
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, GoGoBoy said:

With the carousel closed and Pounce n Bounce gone, the kids area is now in a truly sorry state. Why they haven't put in another couple of rides by now, I don't understand (I mean I'm guessing it's money but you know - choices)

out of the 4 rides open in that area, Speedy Gonzales’ Tijuana taxis is useless with JDS next door, replacing Speedy Gonzales with 2 new smaller kids rides while also adding a mini drop tower (similar to bombora bounce -aussie word) where the old pounce n bounce was (or maybe in roadrunners footprint using the ‘observation area’ as a queue line) would make the area so much more lively and better overall. 

• Like 1

Can't help but agree that some new flats are needed. There's not a huge amount of space in that area (surprisingly) but if you had all the money you'd have to remove all 3 of those rides that date back to the 90s and start again. A couple kiddie flat rides and a couple family flatrides would go a treat.

EDIT: Havent done this in a while, but bored with a random 10mins so here's some free concepts:

Sky race themed to Marvin the Martian

Tea Cups themed to Granny/tweety.

Barnyard themed to Tazzie Devil

Midi Wave Swinger themed to all the rest. 'Looney' Swing decorated with all the racially sensitive characters in the back catalogue.

• Like 1
  • Love it! 1

7 minutes ago, joz said:

There's not a huge amount of space in that area (surprisingly) but if you had all the money you'd have to remove all 3 of those rides that date back to the 90s and start again.

They have the old Marvin footprint they haven't touched in decades. Likewise the Taz' Taxis that was converted into a Parent's room could be repurposed. Having taken my son to the park when he was at an age that required that facility, I must say it was a really nice facility, but at the same time - its occupying valuable real estate that could be better utilised. A parent's room is definitely needed, but not at the expense of such prime real estate. 

Sam Train is a popular attraction, but operations are slow and its an awkward ride for adults to accompany kids. Tweety is similarly ancient - and now that parents can't ride, it kills the popularity for the younger kids that don't want to ride by themselves.

Speedy also had its restrictions changed - lifting the height requirement for kids to drive. It was originally lower, providing a stepping stone for kids to 'self drive' when they werent big enough for JDS, but now that the heights have been lifted (which is an efficiency issue) there really is no further need for speedy to continue.

But if we're really going to complain about a lack of space in WB Kids, there's half a 'sound stage' sat there that used to be part of 'on stage' that hasn't been for some time we could repurpose too. 

Basically everything but RRRC and Carousel can be bulldozed, with some suitably themed Zamperla off-the-shelf replacements (but please don't just buy the same model everything that already exists on the coast - we have enough tea cups, etc.

4 minutes ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

we have enough tea cups

I know you started typing this before I made my edits above, but ill counter by saying:

The only tea cups on the Coast is the kiddie one at DW which no offence to DW - as much as I dont like them I think super small kiddie rides do have a place - that ride wouldn't look out of place at Westfeild. It's like saying no to a Ferris wheel because DW already have one.

I think the next model up is a decent choice. Good capacity, broad appeal, good clean fun. 

• Like 1

The parents room could also be located left of the entrance where the huts still stand (‘hidden’ behind a wall with some artwork on it). To the right of the entrance to the area, everything can stay and I don’t mind if Tweety and the train stay, but the rest should be demolished. There is so much under-utilised space there that has so much potential. 

22 minutes ago, Rivals said:

I think ripping out everything besides RRRC,  JDS and the carousel and starting again is their best option. Refresh the entire area, add around 4-5 new attractions, move the parents room into the JDS building so there can be air conditioning in the building, and use the rest of the space for new rides. 

A ground up younger family area would be spectacular and would really give them a leg up over the competition. What is there is okay, but it's showing its age and it's clear that it's a bit of a hodgepodge of different eras in Movie World's history. 

I'd suggest taking inspiration from Universal Wonderland at Universal Studios Japan because I feel it really hits the sweet spot for a family area except for the fact that it doesn't have a dark ride which I feel would be a necessity for a new family area. 

2 hours ago, joz said:

The only tea cups on the Coast is the kiddie one at DW which no offence to DW

No! This is Patrick!

Patrick's Jellyfish Frenzy | Flat ride at Sea World | Parkz - Theme Parks

While not identical, the ride experience is as much a 'teacup' style ride, and while drawing on both the Zamperla and SBF Visa catalogs are 'different' they're as close as Wipeout and Vortex that most people would consider them 'the same'

Yeah but also nah. I think those rides are different enough in what matters (range of motion/style) and similar in what matters (broad appeal, capacity).

Jellyfish Frenzy is an under rated ripper of an attraction, properly family friendly (its a kiddie ride, but legit fun for all ages so not too tame), capacity matches appeal pretty well (I would make the case for a bigger model but with attendance where it is, it's pretty much bang on). I can't imagine its the most popular, but I reckon it would be there abouts all the time.

I would 100% approve of putting a ride in which is different but similar.

7 hours ago, joz said:

It's like saying no to a Ferris wheel because DW already have one.

Tracking back to this, I think the “yeah but nah” applies - if they installed the EXACT same model in every park on the coast with different stickers, it’d be extraordinarily disappointing.

I agree that the experience needs a point of difference (although similar) so people don’t just see it in the other park and go “look! Wipeout!”

49 minutes ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

if they installed the EXACT same model in every park on the coast with different stickers, it’d be extraordinarily disappointing

I'm not 100% sure, and not to be too topical  but I'm pretty confident that all the GC parks have the exact same model of carousel

But yeah I think with different presentation motion, a teacups ride is different enough from a demolition derby to work.

• Slick locked this topic