Movie world Maintenance 2022

Smol bean

On 31/5/21 at 11:52 PM, Im Hungry said:

I understand that this has been added to their website around the last week or two but just thought I'd leave them here.

Movie World has added planned maintenance periods for the following rides in 2022:

816180898_MovieWorldMaintenance2022.thumb.JPG.b779863e52f56f831ead0eb743c8f2a3.JPG1419940723_MovieWorldMaintenance20222.thumb.JPG.b840f7d3d60dfcbd7cce9f534a72522f.JPG

Next years schedule was published back in May. There is already a topic discussing this.

• Like 1

The issue with the single lap bar was if there was an adult and child sat next to each other, the child could easily climb out of the seat because it wouldn’t come down all the way. That was the same issue that road runner had. Yes the new system will slow loading/unloading down, but with the increased safety restrictions, it had to be done 

• 1 month later...

Multiple Changes have been made to Movie world’s original 2022 maintenance schedule:

- Superman’s maintenance schedule has been extended 2 weeks.

- Wild West and Green Lanterns schedules have been added, Green Lanterns does seem longer then normal (3 months) but at least Wild West’s closure will be in the cooler months

- all the dates have been shuffled around but now multiple “big rides” will be closed at the same time (superman, doomsday, batwing closed at the same time / wild west, rivals closed at the same time) 

- Scooby Doo abs Justice Leagues maintenance dates haven’t been added yet, however will both most likely take place in November again same as other years 

side note: Merry Christmas everyone and see you guys in the new year. 

0A887207-7DBD-49ED-B834-9098514E1D83.png

876A498F-0E2F-454A-9304-298F7787BF7D.png

• Like 3

To be honest I don't think the alignment of closures is overly bad for 2022. When you factor in the School Holiday periods, Fright Nights (Thrill ride dependent for capacity) and White Christmas, there isn't much time left in the year to achieve these shutdowns. 

The mix also isn't the worse, previously they have had Superman and Rivals align together which isn't ideal from a guest experience perspective. The parks are also in quite a critical landscape now when it comes to R&M and design registration for attractions, not quite like the old days... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rivals said:

Scooby Doo has now joined Doomsday, the crowds today are sure going to be happy

A66CA6FC-56AB-41DA-AF4C-6BEEF73EF4CA.png

I've said it elsewhere when talking about DW, that getting a daily update makes it sound like the pparks are falling apart when really this sort of shit has always been a thing. MW are quite forward with posting down time on their website these days, and I've noticed a lot of the time people post how rides are closed on the website and they'll open in the afternoon. Not saying that'll happen this time, but it does seem to happen quite a bit. 

1 minute ago, joz said:

I've said it elsewhere when talking about DW, that getting a daily update makes it sound like the pparks are falling apart when really this sort of shit has always been a thing. MW are quite forward with posting down time on their website these days, and I've noticed a lot of the time people post how rides are closed on the website and they'll open in the afternoon. Not saying that'll happen this time, but it does seem to happen quite a bit. 

Wonder if the website is linked to the VQ system so when they update the app/VQ the website is updated.

Edit: Also could be the other way around or just simply and probably more likely, updating their own records database which links to the 2.

Edited by Naazon

4 hours ago, joz said:

Makes you wonder if some of the temp closures are really staff related instead of mechanical/maintenance issues. 

15 hours ago, joz said:

Have wondered that TBH. It'svery plausible, and if you're MW and you're short on staff you leave the worst ride closed.

These short shutdowns have happened to big ticket rides too.  From the outside it looks like if it the fix isn't a quick reset MW don't have the staff to get people onto the problem straight away.   I can see the same problem showing its face at every theme park in Australia.

• Slick locked this topic