Movie world Maintenance 2022

Smol bean

Just tuning in...

Went today, Lots of positive changes for Wild West Falls.

- New ride audio throughout the course of the ride

- Ride audio upgrades, Can hear the audio much better coming from multiple speakers

- All lift hills plus station section have rails now

- Loading station now has Wild West gates which open up upon entry. The boat stops for you to enter instead of a continuous movement. 

- Not sure if I just didn't notice prior, but the loader now has a control panel

- The crane animatronic prior to first lift hill now works

It all had significant upgrades and little bits and pieces added in. Once you are at the Wild West Town part of the ride, none of the animatronics like swinging gates or the water coming out of the tower work, only the audio is present. When you go up the lift hill, the TV is now off and the audio yelling "get out" is not present. 

Sorry if any of these changes were already noted, haven't been on in a while.

• Like 1

Having ridden it a couple times now since it reopened, while some of the changes are good, a part from the terribly slow laid/unload the most disappointing part is how uneventful the town is. That use to add some much life to the ride, but when it’s just some of the audio and none of the effects work it’s so disappointing.

At a minimum the ride should still be like this:

• Like 3

i knew the operations were bad however, 4-5 minute dispatches for rivals is ridiculous, i wonder if guests putting their own seatbelts in when they aren’t suppose to could have something to do with this time?

on a positive note, the new ride closure signs look a lot better then the Superhero signs. 

26 minutes ago, Titch said:

I personally think they should of renovated it to a mad max themed boat ride imaging how cool that would be!!!!! Your in immortan Joe's hideout and finally defeat him to give the water to the masses just like the movie

WWF is the most themed ride on the gold coast, maybe even Australia, i don’t think it’s worth removing that (and such a great overall family attraction) for a ride that’ll probably have very minimal theming and people will always say how they want WWF back

• Like 1

On 9/2/2022 at 7:25 PM, Brendo88 said:

You’d think they would at least put two trains on it knowing that they are losing a big chunk of capacity with SE and GL being down. 

Were all seats active or some locked out on the one train?

also, it’s pretty well established Village only run two-train between Christmas and Australia Day.

15 hours ago, rappa said:

We all just gonna ignore the amazing graphic design quality of that video thumbnail then? Cool, no worries 😂

I mean - compared to some others I’ve seen - the bad ones really take you on a Journey.

3 hours ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

also, it’s pretty well established Village only run two-train between Christmas and Australia Day.

When they do have the two trains available they actually do run them on the easter, winter and September holidays too (at least when i’ve gone) and sometimes on random weekends they use to run two trains (not too sure anymore though) 

• Like 1

Yep, we went today after going to WNW and it was really quite disappointing.

Green Lantern had a compressor going and releasing pressure for a good 10 seconds every minute.  No one at the ride though.

One of the staff said they were expecting GL to open today but been pushed back to tomorrow.  Not sure about that considering the car was at the bottom of the hill still and saw no one working on it, definitely no test runs done.

First experience on Justice League, partner said what a s**t ride as hardly any of the targets worked, and one whole section was not working.  It’s a shame that’s the first ride she ever went on at Movie World.

Scooby was good, although the lift screens only worked once of two runs.

Hopefully they get GL and WWF running again soon.

Park looked really poor with so much of those green fences blocking the rides view as soon as you walk in.

53 minutes ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

If people, who haven't visited before, visit and find the only 'adult' level rides are Rivals and Scooby, I doubt they're deciding to buy a pass.

True, but if the park went to an effort to increase photos ops and roving characters, families with kids would have a great time, and we know that kids influence purchasing behaviour heavily in families. 

14 hours ago, celestialpixel said:

Yep, we went today after going to WNW and it was really quite disappointing.

Green Lantern had a compressor going and releasing pressure for a good 10 seconds every minute.  No one at the ride though.

One of the staff said they were expecting GL to open today but been pushed back to tomorrow.  Not sure about that considering the car was at the bottom of the hill still and saw no one working on it, definitely no test runs done.

Hopefully they get GL and WWF running again soon.

Surprisingly even though the car was at the bottom of the lift yesterday, Green Lantern is off the naughty list

2 hours ago, Slick said:

Just curious - how many rides do you think Movie World can have down at any one time before you consider it a major impact to the daily experience?

I’d say 40-50% or more of any segment (thrill/family/kids). 

If more than 2 from DCR, GL, SE, BW, DD

more than 2 from WWF, JL, SDSC, RR

2 or more of WB kids rides given the lack of them as it is 

• Slick locked this topic