Movie world Maintenance 2022

Smol bean

4 minutes ago, StingRay said:

Interesting to see the water level looks lower than when I visited in January. 

In the lagoon or in the flume?

Was the ride operating in January during your visit? The Flume trough levels shown above are fairly set as any overflow spills over into the lagoon - it's not possible for them to vary much and these pics indicate the trough is full.

If it's the lagoon, I can only imagine that the exact level doesn't matter too much, as long as it doesn't overflow when the pumps are turned off. The amount of water in the lagoon would vary a lot - evaporation, being carried out in the clothing of riders, leaks in the lagoon, as well as rain catchment and runoff. The recent rains we've had up here probably increased the levels significantly, and that may have prompted them to adjust the levels back to normal ranges.

Water was cleanest I've ever seen it, and it looked and smelled great which was nice. Cannons weren't on at the end, but it all seemed in working order otherwise.

One thing that I hadn't noticed before was that these new boats are pretty thin, so that when they get into the end trough, they kind of move around a lot more than they used to with the old boats. Would that be one of the reasons that they had to do maint on it? I'm a bit of a layman with it, so just curious.

1 hour ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

Was the ride operating in January during your visit? The Flume trough levels shown above are fairly set as any overflow spills over into the lagoon - it's not possible for them to vary much and these pics indicate the trough is full.

If it's the lagoon, I can only imagine that the exact level doesn't matter too much, as long as it doesn't overflow when the pumps are turned off. The amount of water in the lagoon would vary a lot - evaporation, being carried out in the clothing of riders, leaks in the lagoon, as well as rain catchment and runoff. The recent rains we've had up here probably increased the levels significantly, and that may have prompted them to adjust the levels back to normal ranges.

I don't think it would work like that. 

You would have a minimum water limit in your storage, having to add more if the water passes below that to avoid the pumps sucking in air or to keep their output steady. When it rains and the levels rise, there would be an overflow out of the ride (and storage) to keep the high water level in check. It wouldn't just keep filling, you wouldn't be able to run the ride otherwise.

The trough levels throughout would be controlled by the pump output and all the things they have in the bottom of the trough to change the depth. The parts seen in these photos aren't connected to the other half of the ride that passes through the reverse bit and the town. It doesn't flow from top to bottom like other flume rides, it's pumped over to the final drop as the troughs are simply not connected through the whole ride and broken up by each of the lifts. So it flowing over at the end of the ride isn't going to mean the other part of the ride is higher, it should mean the water level in the storage is higher, as this flows back around through the station, under the first lift and into the storage pond. 

You also wouldn't drain such a massive storage as this if you didn't have to. I reckon it would take days just to drain the ride, let alone refill it. They would have big sediment filters and chemical dosing units to keep the water clear and safe instead. After rains, storms, wind etc when the water gets dirty, probably takes a couple days of cycling through the filter system to clear it up. 

Edited by Levithian

Obviously the reservoir has a minimum operating level for pump operations. But it should also have capacity beyond that as running it at minimums is just asking for trouble. Water would be lost from the ride every day through the various measures I mentioned above. Having a range that it can fluctuate within means you can manage your levels a bit better than adding water today and then pouring it down the drain tomorrow when it rains.
For the same obvious reason, they'd clearly have a maximum level, and an automatic drain to stormwater\sewer\detention basin if it exceeds that.

What I meant was after all that rain, it may have needed some level of attention (filtering, balancing levels etc), and perhaps pumping some of it out to reduce it from 'max level' (but still some ways above 'min level') may have helped do that (why add chemicals to balance your max level if you can use less chemicals in a smaller volume of water?)

As for troughs, I wasn't referring to the 'back half' as I clearly referred to what was visible in the pictures. In the 'front half' the pumps don't "control" the level (they do ensure enough water is there to achieve it) - the fact that the level is the height of the trough, and any excess spills out into the lagoon, that is what controls the level.

On 10/3/2022 at 10:51 AM, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

Sorry for the delay in my reply. 

The flume looked lower in some parts and around the top it was flooding. 

Needless to keep in mind it had been just under 2 years since I had stepped foot into the park. 

I understand the level of the lagoon will change throughout the day because essentially this is the main storage/retention pond for the water. 

However, that also looks to below here.

I never took any pictures of this area unfortunately.

8 hours ago, Naazon said:

My Son really enjoyed Yogi so based on that I think it was a good change from Lego. Interested to see what comes next and if it ties into a new release or an old favourite.

Wouldn’t mind a Teen Titans Go - 4D.

Super popular show and an IP they really should use in the kids area when they get around to refreshing it 

1 hour ago, themagician said:

The last several movies shown have been provided by ‘Simex-Iwerks Entertainment’ and their latest offering is ‘Scoob 4D Experience’ so my guess it’s going to be that.

Interestingly I commented that it would be good to see Scoob! 4D on their Instagram post announcing the closure.

The comment has been removed

3 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

Wouldn’t mind a Teen Titans Go - 4D.

Super popular show and an IP they really should use in the kids area when they get around to refreshing it 

What about teen titan go see space jam 4D, would be great to hit multiple kids IP especially since space jam has been promoted in movie world recently with characters meet and greets and merchandise

3C68D3E5-5915-41E3-BB2C-07160E020E3D.jpeg

1 hour ago, joz said:

I think when the water is flowing you you don't really need to dye it. The surface gets broken up and stuff plus bubbles and whatnot. Plus to put it gently, clear water is safer. The water does look lovely, I wish people would stop pointing it out because everytime someone does, the first thing I do is look at the mountain.

Yeah I think I mentioned that earlier as well - it's in desperate need of a pressure wash.

• Like 1

• Slick locked this topic