Movie world Maintenance 2022

Smol bean

On 13/03/2022 at 12:21 PM, themagician said:

Water level is back to normal 

7E2D03D8-D1C5-482B-885F-94DBF5DAAF64.jpeg

F36C6F0D-72E9-46B7-8A05-8E8517459E25.jpeg

It's because it isn't running. Water level rises under the final drop when the pumps are running. 

To be fair, I don't think it's so much in need of a pressure wash, but a wash and a repaint too. The sun is so harsh in Australia, UV just fades everything so quickly. When was the last time it looked like any of the mountain was being painted?

Edited by Levithian

So I can’t remember if it’s been mentioned already but has anyone noticed now, on GL, that the lift hill chain and motor only run when a train is on the lift hill as opposed to when it used to just run non stop? Certainly it makes it a much quieter experience. 

On another note- I visited the park today. Not much different happening maintenance wise. GL, Scooby, and rivals were operating as normal. Very very slow operations on rivals though. Nothing of interest was happening at WWF and no testing or notable works being conducted. 

4 hours ago, Brendo88 said:

So I can’t remember if it’s been mentioned already but has anyone noticed now, on GL, that the lift hill chain and motor only run when a train is on the lift hill as opposed to when it used to just run non stop? Certainly it makes it a much quieter experience. 

It’s been doing that for as long as I can remember, like 5+ years, maybe even since opening. 

The chain & motor go to full speed when a car departs the station and rolls towards the block at the base of the lift 

57 minutes ago, joz said:

Geez that's a pretty bleak closure board

Thankfully most of the rides are out of maintenance from 1st of April.

I wonder why Wild West falls needs another two months closure from 24 April which will be less than a month after opening from current maintenance.

Edited by Rabbit2014

1 hour ago, Rivals said:

Scooby is now slow down for maintenance, however now none of the actual ride names match with the picture, so maybe the app should go down for some maintenance too….

0490610E-7595-4194-8E10-7CBA73373E17.png

If you’ve done Roxy and HWSD, what reason do you have to go pst the fountain?

directions for movie World - enter, turn left. That is all.

43 minutes ago, Rabbit2014 said:

Thankfully most of the rides are out of maintenance from 1st of April.

I wonder why Wild West falls needs another two months closure from 24 April which will be less than a month after opening from current maintenance.

I think current closure is issues with the new boats. The scheduled date is the usual annual maintenance.

why not do it at the same time? Look at the board - they don’t have the maintenance crews to also do that - which is why it’s scheduled to go down later on.

I've always seen a classic ride to be something like Scenic Railway at LP or It's A Small World at Disneyland.  Something that has stood the test of time.  Or even a new ride that the design has stood the test of time, like a Carousel. Now I'm wondering have I been looking at what it takes to be a classic all wrong.

3 hours ago, New display name said:

I've always seen a classic ride to be something like Scenic Railway at LP or It's A Small World at Disneyland.  Something that has stood the test of time.  Or even a new ride that the design has stood the test of time, like a Carousel. Now I'm wondering have I been looking at what it takes to be a classic all wrong.

Much beloved coaster that has stood the test of time. I'd call it a classic haha.

3 hours ago, New display name said:

I'd imagine everybody's idea of classic is a little different, and I think your depiction is a good one! I just can't really imagine Movie World without Superman, so I lump it in as a classic despite being older then it. Maybe staple attraction is a better description instead of classic, cause I agree that the image of a classic attraction does inspire thoughts of Ferris Wheels, carousels, golden oldie woodies, and 1964 world's fair dark rides.

Lethal Weapon/Arkham lasted 27 years.

Loony Tunes River Ride lasted 20 years.

Batman Adventure (both incarnations) lasted 19 years.

I think it's fair to say that anything that survives from being culled from a park after 20 years deserves to be called classic at that point especially in Australia where it seems our rides have faster expiration dates (at least compared to older, more 'historic' parks). Wild West Falls is classic, Scooby Doo is technically classic even if it needs a lot of work to be what it once was, Superman needs to wait 3 years to be actually classic by this arbitrary measurement but some will argue it's been a classic since the day it opened.

@Cactus_Matt Does MDMC becomes a classic when it reaches 20 years old?

@DomMovie World without Superman idea makes sense because even after 17 years it's the one ride, I ride every time.

Test of time isn't just about the age of something for me @Proshall Muttait's the ride that you continue and want to ride.  AA while ticking the box of being around for ever, it didn't tick the box that I wanted to ride it.

• Slick locked this topic