Movie world Maintenance 2022

Smol bean

On the topic of refurbishing the failing kids area... I would replace Speedy's with a small Tom and Jerry Cat & Mouse Chase Coaster (stole the idea for this coaster from someone else). Something kids too small for Roadrunner can go on with their parents. Maybe the existing yellow station building for Speedy's could be rethemed to a block of cheese. I'd then add a mini Looney Tunes Ferris wheel on the site of the old Marvin ride - kinda the perfect sized area for a ride like that. Also something parents can go on with their kids. And finally a modern mini drop ride to replace Pounce 'n Bounce, but not placed outside the toilet. Maybe utilise the Road Runner viewing area 

Edited by GoGoBoy

A Ferris wheel would be good, but the issue with the location you’ve suggested is you’d be able to see over the back wall into the back of house, which won’t be something you’d want to look at. A Ferris wheel would need to go in the middle of the land, so there’s something to look at from every angle 

12 hours ago, themagician said:

A Ferris wheel would be good, but the issue with the location you’ve suggested is you’d be able to see over the back wall into the back of house, which won’t be something you’d want to look at. A Ferris wheel would need to go in the middle of the land, so there’s something to look at from every angle 

But you've got that painted wall behind it. I'm assuming those Zamperla-style kids wheels wouldn't be taller than that

On 09/04/2022 at 7:41 PM, themagician said:

Nope, I’m just a terrible typer. A beach ward is also known as ‘backwards’

Here is that said hut today 

0E1AE33D-EB82-43AB-AE3E-7E471711A20C.jpeg

to see that this has continued to rot without any attention except 'badly half-cover it with a hoarding' is bullshit. I suppose given the other stuff we've seen recently of abandoned audio equipment etc, this shouldn't really be a surprise.

19 hours ago, themagician said:

Even if the facade wall wasn't high enough, build it higher. As for view, I think Universal Singapore had a kids wheel inside the exit gift shop of Donkey Live, so view isn't super important. By all means, another more central spot (the top of the hill behind Speedys perhaps?) would be better as there would be a 'better' view of the whole land.

• Like 1

I do hope they have actually enhanced it, and aren't calling a return (or substitution) of opening day effects an 'enhancement'.

It is wonderful to see the fog\mist\smoke effect return and I hope the water and steam is back - look forward to hearing of what enhancements they've made!

• Like 2

enhance
  • intensify, increase, or further improve the quality, value, or extent of.

restore
  • return (someone or something) to a former condition, place, or position.
  • repair or renovate (a building, work of art, etc.) so as to return it to its original condition.

Yes, it's marketing. But it is still a shitty thing to claim you've enhanced something if all you've done is restore it to it's former glory.

Well if I went to the park for the first time last year and then today I would feel superman was enhanced. 

Perhaps the marketing was targeted at that people and not those with a compulsion to be pedantic and needlessly post waffling definitions in a theme park forum 🤷‍♂️ 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, themagician said:

According to the parks website, the carousel will remain closed until mid September 

on the app it says “The Carousel will be closed until July for its major annual refurbishment and service.”

Also appears batwing is down until further notice, guessing they’re just having issues with it this morning.

1 hour ago, themagician said:

Superman and WWF currently having issues. Rivals has a 4 hour wait.

Every other ride has a 2 hour wait 

GL has a 2 hour wait, but they still dispatch some trains with empty seats. Why MW.

i was coming on to comment on this. Rivals really needs a second train and faster dispatches right now, a 4hr wait, with 1 train mixed with 5minute dispatches makes the line painful and according to friends of mine who are visiting, it’s actually longer then 4hrs right now. 

does anyone know if superman at least has 2 trains on atm?

• Slick locked this topic