Movie world Maintenance 2022

Smol bean

33 minutes ago, Levithian said:

Don't let that get in the way of a good story. 😄

tum apologies for not thinking to check the date of the post, assuming it’s not up for unscheduled maintenance im assuming whatever the issue was yesterday was just a minor technical issue 

Edited by Rivals

Happy to see Movieworld showing some flexibility with maintenance scheduling given how busy the parks are, makes total sense to hold off the majority of maintenance until after labour day. 

sometimes I wonder if the parks would run better with a seasonal schedule. Having a closed period for maintenance or a low season with reduced prices where they can get close half the park for maintenance and refurbishments . Not sure if this is practical in our climate but just thinking out loud. Movieworld in particular have been struggling with keeping a fair amount of rides open at peak. 

I think that was floated before but I think the argument was they don't currently have the maintenance teams to do more than 1-2 rides at a time, so if you tried to do all rides in a 3-4 month window, you probably wouldn't get them all done without additional staff who would be redundant the other 8-9 months of the year.

The carousel has been stripped back - all the characters removed accept for one lone Wile.E.Coyote who has a “Deformation Tag” on it - so assuming that may be the one the “kid” fell off. All the ceiling has also been removed, again accept for the section above the remaining character 

4EAA8BFF-D1FA-4B18-B82E-CEB0A30F7F3C.jpeg

A6D573CE-96BB-4D9F-99AB-B8D1AFB046B7.jpeg

C8E6DB87-03CD-4A8D-B01A-C68E426B3533.jpeg

Edited by Brad2912
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, joz said:

I think a strap would be an extra hazard for most guests. Just need to find a way to cover the mechanism above the seat.

Yeah maybe decrease the diameter of the hole is the way to go and add in some thick brushes around the inner edge to deter anything entering?

22 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

Knowing the over-zealous safety culture - would not be surprised to see the movement mechanic removed, and the characters being stationary as the carousel spins…

Yeah, and it’ll be sad if something like that does happen. I think we’ve genuinely reached the point of over bubble-wrapping every theme park ride in australia.

• Like 2

On 30/04/2022 at 12:50 PM, Brad2912 said:

Wile.E.Coyote who has a “Deformation Tag” on it

Pretty sure that says 'INFORMATION TAG' and is pretty standard in terms of 'safety inspections' - these are in the same ballpark as 'out of service' tags when it comes to plant and equipment safety inspections.

image.jpeg.356747f8ce3a63263c5a8c475ecc4787.jpegEconomy Safety Tags Out Of Service | Seton Australia

15 hours ago, Slick said:

maybe decrease the diameter of the hole is the way to go

I don't know about this specific model, but the cam design on most carousels does have a fair amount of play. Keeping the hole that wide ensures that if anyone were to stick an appendage into the hole it wouldn't get pinched between the moving pole and the stationary sides of the hole. If you decrease that diameter, you increase the pinch risk.

Brushes might also encourage kids to try to touch them.

That is the pinch point though i think. The pole doesn't just move up and down, it also moves forwards and backwards inside the hole in the ceiling because thats how the crankshaft works in pretty much all carousels. Its exactly like a piston moving up and down in an engine.

Might be ok if you stuck a hand up there, but if someone stuck their head through, it probably got wedged against the ceiling panel as the pole moved forward or backwards. They are big, heavy machines, not a lot of things are going to stop it moving when placed in the path of moving components. 

Edited by Levithian

2 hours ago, Gazza said:

What about a small circular "umbrella" at the top of the pole that both prevents standing and is wide enough to cover the hole when in the high position?

4 minutes ago, rappa said:

a heavy duty fabric ‘sock’ that extends from the edges of the hole down around the shaft.

These kinds of things. I think I'm leaning slightly more towards heavy duty sock.

• Like 2

• Slick locked this topic