Movie world Maintenance 2022

Smol bean

8 hours ago, Levithian said:

That is the pinch point though i think. The pole doesn't just move up and down, it also moves forwards and backwards inside the hole in the ceiling because thats how the crankshaft works in pretty much all carousels. Its exactly like a piston moving up and down in an engine.

I understand that, but that's why I say you can't make it any smaller - it might stop heads getting caught but smaller hole will increase risk of limbs getting caught. 

6 hours ago, Cactus_Matt said:

Maybe just make the ceiling panel high enough above the ride vehicles that even if some idiot stood up they wouldn't reach the hole? Just a suggestion...

the cam only just sits above the panelling. if you were to raise the roof high enough you'd need to lift the entire carousel up by that same height.

Agree - some sort of sock would be the way to go. Sounds like a relatively simple fix.

On 2/5/2022 at 4:09 PM, Slick said:

Yeah maybe decrease the diameter of the hole is the way to go and add in some thick brushes around the inner edge to deter anything entering?

On 3/5/2022 at 7:34 AM, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

If you decrease that diameter, you increase the pinch risk.

Brushes might also encourage kids to try to touch them.

2 hours ago, New display name said:

Why Dreamworld is the BEST Theme Park on the Gold Coast

3 hours ago, Park Addict 93 said:

FC516C7E-559C-445D-A2F5-46C66F17707E.thumb.jpeg.6f016d59d75a726c433044f328461d37.jpeg

FYI. 🍻

54 minutes ago, themagician said:

It’s great to see the park is finally being more transparent about something like this

I agree, I think they actually needed to do a post like this, there was a fair amount of backlash about WWF being closed again and I think the public needed a little more than just ‘scheduled maintenance’ to feel like MW had a good reason to stick to the schedule. 

12 hours ago, themagician said:

It’s great to see the park is finally being more transparent about something like this

Absolutely agree. This sort of communication with guests is great! It lets them know that they're aware of their capacity problems and are doing what is within their power to resolve them, whilst also providing some little sneak peaks into BTS and maintenance.

I reckon another step in the right direction would be to have some blog posts that link within the app when attractions are down to give some insight into what is happening, what they do when rides are down, and how it improves the guest experience. It gives people something to read whilst they're in queues, etc. But otherwise, this is a great step forward!

• Like 1

Certainly is great to see some new comm's around the closure piece.

I would like to add however, WWF Mountain is defiantly overdue for a good clean and repaint. Seems like Rivals is about to get some repaint TLC. There has been a boom operator on a couple of occasions this week, what looks like preparing the track section closest to Topgolf it seems. Hopefully WWF is on the radar also! 

On 07/05/2022 at 12:08 PM, Levram__ said:

Seems like Rivals is about to get some repaint TLC.

I'd be surprised if Rivals is up for a repaint. It's a lengthy process that costs quite a bit, and the ride isn't that old to justify the expenditure because I'd imagine they probably haven't paid off the original cost yet. 

• Like 1

On 06/05/2022 at 4:48 PM, Slick said:

FYI. 🍻

"From the park that bought you Shockwave Bondage: The Ride, and Logride Whiplash Bar"

I'm not sure i'd be holding up, as a standard to aspire to, a park that has made some terrible risk assessment decisions in the past.

2 hours ago, Gazza said:

To their credit, Village do repaint their rides fairly often.

Happy to be proven wrong on this, but didn't Superman only get repainted a few years ago after we discussed how horrible it looked for several years? And wasn't that the first repaint since it opened in 04?

i’m pretty sure you’re right with the only slides being repainted are Black Hole and the Aqua Racers Refurb, slides like Tornado, AquaLoop, Constrictor, River Rapids and Mammoth Falls (not as desperate as the others) really do need to be repainted asap. The rides at MW and SW definitely tend to be repainted more often

back on topic, it appears The Carousel’s Operator Booth will be moved to the front instead of off to the side, my guess is it allows the operator to observe what’s going on during the cycle better (photos via haynesbuilt - instagram).

CF9A2493-DBD5-4746-9AF0-E8A5DBC86763.jpeg

9D17B11D-B037-4996-9964-029297B5CF27.jpeg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rivals said:

i’m pretty sure you’re right with the only slides being repainted are Black Hole and the Aqua Racers Refurb, slides like Tornado, AquaLoop, Constrictor, River Rapids and Mammoth Falls (not as desperate as the others) really do need to be repainted asap. The rides at MW and SW definitely tend to be repainted more often

back on topic, it appears The Carousel’s Operator Booth will be moved to the front instead of off to the side, my guess is it allows the operator to observe what’s going on during the cycle better (photos via haynesbuilt - instagram).

CF9A2493-DBD5-4746-9AF0-E8A5DBC86763.jpeg

9D17B11D-B037-4996-9964-029297B5CF27.jpeg

Nice to see them actually getting a booth instead of an umbrella... Many days of soaked shoes to be had at the Carousel haha. And yes, where the control panel used to be was a pain for visibility. A mirror could only do so much.

• Like 1

I don't know how much of a difference it would make, but the current control panel faces outwards towards main street. Looking at the design this one looks like it will be similar to Tweety's where the ride operator's default view will be centred on the carousel.

Keeping the panel in the same direct line of sight as the actual ride can reduce reaction time if an e-stop is required. *shrug*

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

I don't know how much of a difference it would make, but the current control panel faces outwards towards main street. Looking at the design this one looks like it will be similar to Tweety's where the ride operator's default view will be centred on the carousel.

Keeping the panel in the same direct line of sight as the actual ride can reduce reaction time if an e-stop is required. *shrug*

Cool, yeah that makes more sense. Direction rather than location being the big change. Cheers.

• Slick locked this topic