Movie world Maintenance 2022

Smol bean

A6F6BE0C-CFE1-44D6-AD1D-F0668BB04FDF.thumb.jpeg.6f8c21a03f06aa32da98b9475e3a5131.jpeg

Remember this site wasn't designed specifically for the carousel. I think the queue borrowed from LTRR a little, and the ride sits on the site of the old merch shop, so space would have been a consideration. This control panel is similar to what was opposite for Pounce and Bounce - rather than the more elaborate panels for Tweety, for example.

I guess this position would have permitted them visibility of the gates, the ride and the queue, but given the space around the carousel, putting it 'facing' the ride would have required it to be placed further back, and then standing room behind it is also required, so it looks like space compromises, while perhaps also reducing how much ground is dug up to run cable.

*Everything said above is speculation based on my own observations and knowledge. I do not claim to be an expert and i'm certainly not a MW insider. Take this info at face value and note that I could be entirely wrong.

Side note - I heard Tweety's floor is being dug up and changes are being made to the control panel over there too.

Edited by DaptoFunlandGuy
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Rivals said:

the smoke effects on Superman have already been turned off, i have a feeling that the effect will only be used in the busy periods like school holidays.

Could be down to the windy weather. Has anyone reached out to the park yet to ask why it's been turned back off?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Rivals said:

the smoke effects on Superman have already been turned off, i have a feeling that the effect will only be used in the busy periods like school holidays.

I was at the park today and yep. Turned off. 

I thought the same as you- that they might only use it for peak periods. 

Green lemon was also having technical issues today as well 

1 hour ago, rappa said:

The idea that they would only run it in holidays as some kind of cost saving ia a bit ridiculous. When have they ever done anything like that?

a lot of parks around the world do stuff like that and only turn effects on during busy periods as a cost saving technique…. the parks haven’t been busy at all so i wouldn’t be surprised 

22 minutes ago, New display name said:

What parks do this?

i have heard it being a discussion on enthusiast instagram accounts before which are mostly American based, who knows those parks could’ve just had broken effects though.

i do find it weird they posted about ‘enhanced ride effects’ for it to only last 2 weeks, unless they’re having problems with it at the moment and it’s better to just have the ride open and fix it another time

11 hours ago, rappa said:

The idea that they would only run it in holidays as some kind of cost saving ia a bit ridiculous. When have they ever done anything like that?

It's just not ridiculous.   

MW management meeting.

Steve-o      "Right, we are in a bit of shit here and bleeding money.  How can we save money and balance the budget?”

Dorco          “I have it Steve-o,  We can turn of one effect in the whole park, to save money”

Steve-o       “Only one Doroc?  Saving us a total of $4.59 a week”.

Dorco           “Isn’t that a great idea?

Stevo-o         “Dorco, YOU’RE FIRED!

The END.

8 minutes ago, New display name said:

It's just not ridiculous.   

MW management meeting.

Steve-o      "Right, we are in a bit of shit here and bleeding money.  How can we save money and balance the budget?”

Dorco          “I have it Steve-o,  We can turn of one effect in the whole park, to save money”

Steve-o       “Only one Doroc?  Saving us a total of $4.59 a week”.

Dorco           “Isn’t that a great idea?

Stevo-o         “Dorco, YOU’RE FIRED!

The END.

sorry, i completely forgot people aren’t allowed to mention speculation they’ve heard online, which relates to a topic that was brought up on a public forum. 

i said i wouldn’t be surprised cause i’ve heard other people speculate about this happening at some international parks, and that i wouldn’t be surprised if it was happening, and then i even said “unless they’re having problems with it at the moment and it’s better to just have the ride open and fix it another time” which is what i believe is happening. 

Edited by Rivals

6 minutes ago, Dom said:

Come on, guys. It would be ridiculous for these parks to spend a bunch of money on something and then just stop using it. It just doesn't happen. 

AA What money did they spend on AA just before it closed?  (I can't remember)

Wet'n'Wild Buggy  I thought this was run by a private company???????????????

VRFR    Blame DW.

Is Superman closing @Dom?

21 minutes ago, Rivals said:

sorry, i completely forgot people aren’t allowed to mention speculation they’ve heard online, which relates to a topic that was brought up on a public forum. 

You didn't mention speculation.

You said.

20 hours ago, Rivals said:

i have a feeling that the effect will only be used in the busy periods like school holidays.

10 hours ago, Rivals said:

i have heard it being a discussion on enthusiast instagram accounts before which are mostly American based

this was posted right after the post your mentioning, the post where i say i have a feeling was wrong choice of words 

8 hours ago, Rivals said:

i’ve seen people post / speculate about other parks internationally doing it

then i reiterated that i’ve heard people speculate in another post right after that

13 minutes ago, New display name said:

You didn't mention speculation.

so yes, i clearly did mention it was speculation . i only said once i have a feeling, which is due to hearing it being speculated online with international enthusiasts, so it obviously isn’t that far fetched of an idea but i do believe it may just be a temporarily broken effect.

Edited by Rivals

7 minutes ago, New display name said:

AA What money did they spend on AA just before it closed?

The new trains and retheme which is just over a decade old. The refurbishment opened mid-2012. Not a cheap change for a ride that has been SBNO since 2019. 

12 minutes ago, New display name said:

Wet'n'Wild Buggy  I thought this was run by a private company

Honestly, I have no idea. I just can't imagine that the land clearing and setup was cheap for an attraction that lasted a season.

13 minutes ago, New display name said:

VRFR    Blame DW.

This is the way. But they did spend some money upgrading the attraction to accommodate for storm coaster. Also I've only just put two and two together, but it's kind of off-putting that VRTP chucked this attraction to the kerb as soon as the DW incident happened and there was heavy scrutiny on water based rides. I wonder what maintenance found?

17 minutes ago, New display name said:

Is Superman closing @Dom?

Well considering the two decade life expectancy of most attractions on the GC, this is clearly the first sign that the attraction is on it's way out!

In saying that, I was being facetious. 

21 minutes ago, Dom said:

The new trains and retheme which is just over a decade old. The refurbishment opened mid-2012. Not a cheap change for a ride that has been SBNO since 2019. 

7 years isn't just before it closed.😂

22 minutes ago, Dom said:

Honestly, I have no idea. I just can't imagine that the land clearing and setup was cheap for an attraction that lasted a season.

I don't think the plan was to only last 1 season.

28 minutes ago, Dom said:

VRTP chucked this attraction to the kerb as soon as the DW incident happened

Or SW’s insurance company wouldn’t insure it anymore or jacked up the prices for it.

Straight after the Grenfell Tower fire no insurance company would insure you if you built with a similar product in Australia.  The insurance companies didn’t wait for the Governments to changes the laws.

• Slick locked this topic