Movie world Maintenance 2022

Smol bean

but it's kind of off-putting that VRTP chucked this attraction to the kerb as soon as the DW incident happened and there was heavy scrutiny on water based rides. I wonder what maintenance found?

I think it was just a general shying away from "Inhouse Built" rides in Australia. Log Ride at DW went too remember.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, themagician said:

This sign is pretty full today

10101327-EEB9-4D0C-816F-CC44C3AF2B51.thumb.jpeg.b1ddd7ce01523e4cfb68bdb79cb00a4d.jpeg

4/7 of their ‘thrill rides’ and 2/5 coasters closed definitely won’t be the best look for guests visiting today, at least it probably will be quiet so hopefully too many people won’t be disappointed. 

any word on what’s happening with superman’s smoke effects? hopefully superman isn’t down too much right now

On 06/05/2022 at 1:33 PM, Park Addict 93 said:

I walked past Dreamworlds Carousel yesterday and on the topic of this thread… This is how theirs is, doesn’t look new.

FC516C7E-559C-445D-A2F5-46C66F17707E.thumb.jpeg.6f016d59d75a726c433044f328461d37.jpeg

I accidentally came across a pic from Sea World in October 2020 and they have the same on theirs.

Does anyone know if these models differ between the 3 parks?

20201024_201715.jpg

Edited by Naazon

1 hour ago, Boyden Hingston-Muir said:

Looks like DC Rivals is getting repainted

66E75E6F-E1C6-4D2C-9224-61C829043931.jpeg

11B7D052-752E-4AB2-9484-5F15D5D16C54.jpeg

i wonder if they’ll do some parts of the track or all of the track, considering the ride is suppose to open in just over a month, if they paint the whole ride i’ll be surprised simply by how late they’re starting the job

Edited by Rivals

Zoom in on the image, it's right at the extent of the curve between the two supports. You can see where the wear marks on the surface of the track have been covered.

Its also a slightly more purple shade of purple (as opposed to pink).

I hope if this is the colour their using that they DO paint it all, it's clearly a different shade to me, and it'll be patchy as hell of they don't paint over the existing colour, or, get the repaint colour right.

On 16/05/2022 at 11:37 AM, Naazon said:

I accidentally came across a pic from Sea World in October 2020 and they have the same on theirs.

Does anyone know if these models differ between the 3 parks?

20201024_201715.jpg

All 3 of them are different.

Dreamworlds is from Ferrari

Sea Worlds is from Arrow Dynamics

And I'm pretty sure Movie Worlds is SBF Visa.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Rivals said:

considering the ride is suppose to open in just over a month

All comes down to number of people painting as to how long it would take. Can't see it taking longer than a week or two. It also wouldn't be the first ride the contractors have repainted so they'd be able to get it done in a month easily. Biggest thing that could delay it is weather.

32 minutes ago, pin142 said:

All comes down to number of people painting as to how long it would take. Can't see it taking longer than a week or two. It also wouldn't be the first ride the contractors have repainted so they'd be able to get it done in a month easily. Biggest thing that could delay it is weather.

i was considering the recent weather and how big the ride is, by the time it clears up they’ll have little under a month to do a full repaint so i won’t be surprised if it’s maintenance schedule gets pushed back a bit 

1 hour ago, themagician said:

SE was closed for 2 months for its repaint and that track was much less complex 

Rivals was also meant to be closed for 2 month's, but when superman got pushed back they kept it open and then once it went down there was a week or two before this weather started happening, looks like theh aren’t having the best luck 

On 22/05/2022 at 7:19 AM, franky said:

Its also a slightly more purple shade of purple (as opposed to pink).

Cue colour debate.

The original publicly stated colour was 'Fuschia' with the official colour scheme RAL4006 "Traffic Purple". The new paint looks a bit darker, but not much - i'd hazard a guess it's RAL4008 "Signal Violet"

• Slick locked this topic