Movie world Maintenance 2022

Smol bean

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Wild West seems to be having some issues as of late as it has been closed for atleast the past 2 days however there’s nothing noting it being closed out the front or on the maintenance schedule. Superman also seems to be having some issues as it was closed for most of the morning and like normal the water effect is still off and the misters are barely working (or just low water pressure being used so not too noticeable off ride.)

38 minutes ago, Rabbit2014 said:

Green lantern maintenance to include a new spiral staircase for unloading during ride stoppage.
They claim it will reduce queue times and riders per hour but I’m confused how a new stairs for ride breakdowns will do that. 

3F6C6D7E-D1D4-4102-A078-01FFE6A5E8A0.png

The construction fences in the car park make a lot more sense now. I don’t think a set of stairs will actually help either queue times or riders per hours, probably just being said to make guests less mad it’s closed.

2 hours ago, Rabbit2014 said:

Green lantern maintenance to include a new spiral staircase for unloading during ride stoppage.
They claim it will reduce queue times and riders per hour but I’m confused how a new stairs for ride breakdowns will do that. 

3F6C6D7E-D1D4-4102-A078-01FFE6A5E8A0.png

The unreliability jokes write themselves

43 minutes ago, Rivals said:

Didn’t the ride originally open with 6 car operations? I wonder if this is what they actually meant as in increase capacity.

Upgraded sensors to increase 6 car operation efficiency would be the only other thing i could think of.

Yes... and that was a total disaster. Trains stacking, faults galore. Was nicknamed the "Green Lemon" by the opening crew of the ride. It was quickly determined that 4 was a good number of cars to run with. It gave it a decent capacity, but didn't overload the ride. 2 trains loading, 2 trains cycling. By the time the 2nd train hit the final brakes time to dispatch the 2 in the station (provided everything went well)

Honestly, the ride doesn't need to run 6 cars at a time. The capacity increase is so minimal due to the stacking that it's just not worth it.

6 hours ago, Spotty said:

Honestly, the ride doesn't need to run 6 cars at a time. The capacity increase is so minimal due to the stacking that it's just not worth it.

If they improved their operations manual and staffing levels to the point where groups were always prepped and ready to load the minute the gates opened, in theory it would be possible to improve on that though. If they're spending this much money on a harness-free evac platform, maybe they're seriously trying to improve capacity and you'd want to assume they'd do everything they can to do that?

• Like 2

11 hours ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

If they improved their operations manual and staffing levels to the point where groups were always prepped and ready to load the minute the gates opened, in theory it would be possible to improve on that though. If they're spending this much money on a harness-free evac platform, maybe they're seriously trying to improve capacity and you'd want to assume they'd do everything they can to do that?

The time it takes for the cars to move into the station, have guests disembark and then have them load and mess around with loose items and the seatbelts as well would make it pretty damn impossible. They would have to reinstate the lockers and have an entry host at pretty much all times to make this happen. Honestly, if the ride is running with 2 loaders and a sorter the capacity of the ride is good with 4 cars. It's just if they want to pay to have the sorter or if they have the staff available.

16 hours ago, Spotty said:

The time it takes for the cars to move into the station, have guests disembark and then have them load and mess around with loose items and the seatbelts as well would make it pretty damn impossible.

(Sorry @Spotty) This is an illustration of the Village Ops mindset that frustrates me. 

• Have guests disembark
  • THEN have them load and mess with loose items etc

These two dot points should happen simultaneously. As soon as the train parks, open the gates. This is where you can improve efficiency. As long as the gates are secured and the platform clear prior to dispatch, who cares?

ETA: My memory is getting a bit fuzzy, but I think@Gazza had a video back in 2014 (I think you went to Ohio?) and showed something like a 30 person suspended train unloaded, loaded and dispatched within 90 seconds. Absolute magic to watch.

• Like 1

Ah yes... I used to love the days of operating Lethal before it became Arkham and things got complicated. As soon as the harnesses released, we would wait until everyone is off the train but still messing around with loose items and then the gates would be opened. It honestly made such a difference, it was around 2011 that they started putting in all sorts of strange procedures like not being allowed to do this. I can't remember the exact reasoning they told us but it was pretty BS. 

Operations were honestly at it's peak around 2009 - 2012 TBH and by the time that 2013-2014 came around things were starting to really go downhill... and then we ended up with what we got now. Even during those periods they had some trials (and many errors) that didn't last long that really destroyed operations and thank god they stopped those quickly. Superman running with no unloader for example was a total disaster, being able to send 4-5 trains every 30 mins instead of the usual 6-7 was not fun, that and the paid lockers... ugh.

• Like 2

• Slick locked this topic