Movie world Maintenance 2022

Smol bean

On 30/12/2022 at 11:17 PM, i2145 said:

Why is green Lantern so unreliable? I know lots about ride mechanical stuff but does anyone know the specific reason of green lanterns unreliability. Also why is doomsday so unreliable?

If only we could give an answer to this. I know that when Green Lantern first opened, the opening crew and other staff in Attractions would call it the "Green Lemon". The first year or so it was very unreliable but then it had a few good years until it had its derailment. And then after that was resolved it was actually pretty reliable for the most part for several years.

18 minutes ago, Spotty said:

If only we could give an answer to this. I know that when Green Lantern first opened, the opening crew and other staff in Attractions would call it the "Green Lemon". The first year or so it was very unreliable but then it had a few good years until it had its derailment. And then after that was resolved it was actually pretty reliable for the most part for several years.

Yeah, what's the story behind the derailment? Could it have been bad manufacturing, bad maintenance or bad luck? It's not normal for a coaster car to derail like that

12 hours ago, REGIE said:

But since I commented that I think SW one opened again

Can confirm SW’s is still closed. Had a look over the fence the other day, all the ride components are gone and it looks like they’re doing a repaint of the area before bringing it all back in again. Will be a while until it reopens

19 hours ago, i2145 said:

Yeah, what's the story behind the derailment? Could it have been bad manufacturing, bad maintenance or bad luck? It's not normal for a coaster car to derail like that

http://www.parkz.com.au/article/1970/01/01/373-Green_Lantern_reopens_after_nine_month_downtime.html

There was a heap of info about the derailment in this article here. It wasn't a fault on Movie World's part, it was a manufacturing defect as the wheel bogie was under engineered.

13 hours ago, Michelangelo said:

Can confirm SW’s is still closed. Had a look over the fence the other day, all the ride components are gone and it looks like they’re doing a repaint of the area before bringing it all back in again. Will be a while until it reopens

Ok thought so but I thought too maybe I missed something 

• Slick locked this topic