The Claw - could have been Half Pipe

mark

Whovere has been paying out the claw should count themeselves lucky the original idea was to put in an Intamin AG 'Half pipe coaster' like the one at Six Flags Elitch Gardens - which would have been way higher on the ****e-o-meter than the gyro swing. Aparently it came down to land area (the gyro swing takes up about half as much space). http://www.rcdb.com/installationgallery264...8.htm?Picture=4 it looks hideous.

I'd be more worried about the capacity of one of them than anything else. If they can get more than about 350pph tops then I'd be surprised. I'm doubtful that space would have been the reason they opted for the Gyro Swing. You'd really have to be trying your hardest not to fit a Half Pipe into the land they used for this. Seems more likely that they just looked at it and realised a Gyro Swing is probably a better ride. Dreamworld made the right choice. Of course I'm still of the opinion that they should perhaps have gone with the large Gyro Swing.

It looks crap, end of story, ugly and useless. On another topic, slightly, in your little editing of Hussrainbows signiture, you infact went across the community guidelines, by using capitol letters within a sentence and not on a proper noun, unless community guidelines is a proper noun. you also forgot to provide a full stop.

I don't know how you could even think about comparing a ride from Intamin and one from huss. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say in my opinion Intamin are un paralleled in terms of quality, engineering and smoothness by any other manufacturer. That's before you even bring into the equation the extent to which they push the boundaries of what can be achieved with their designs and concepts. After all who produced B&M :-p

Man that was an ugly photo, but here's a much more classier looking half pipe. Does anyone else notice Dreamworld's trend? TOT-Intamin GD-Intamin River Rapids-Ride Trade The Claw-Ride Trade Halfpipe-Ride Trade And by the way, the claw will take 32 people at one time, that's 32 people per hour.

Not sure of the maths behind that, but I'd like to think that even Dreamworld will be able to complete more than one cycle an hour on The Claw. :) It's obvious that Dreamworld has a working relationship with Intamin. I don't see what's so groundbreaking about that. Their products are among the best in the world and everything Dreamworld have purchased from them has been a winner in one way or another.