One Pass Price Rise

Vidgamer

4 minutes ago, joz said:

They don't want to canabilise another company ideally, why should they canabilise themselves? 

I'm not saying add them at the exact same time because that would be silly. What I suggest is that if they want a cycle of sort than at least make sure that there are things in the works whilst their other properties are just kind of existing. When Movie World got it's additions of Doomsday and DC Rivals, Sea World remained largely untouched. It got minor additions, the sort that is expected in the industry to maintain the standard, but from 2015 the park wouldn't see anything to make up for the closures of Sea Viper and Vikings Revenge until 2020. We know that something is coming for Movie World to replace Arkham but with no solid announcements or plans I wouldn't be surprised if it takes a long time for this to come to fruition. I just think they need to squeeze the gap between announcements and additions a bit because it's all lagging a bit. 

18 minutes ago, joz said:

Also the idea that they aren't adding/ maintaining it laughable. I suspect it's a temptation to ignore stuff if it isn't directly exciting to them.

I never mentioned that they weren't maintaining the parks so I'm confused as to where this came from. I know about the WWF Boat and Road Runner projects and I appreciate that they cost money but praising a business for maintenance is like getting a round of applause for taking your car in for a service. It's not a novelty. It's expected.

As you mentioned a lot of what they are doing is long overdue and I'm just saying that they really need to squeeze that gap. As I said I'm more than happy for them to increase the price exponentially but I wont buy it year after year if they continue to rest on their laurels. 

I guess I see new WWF boats and Road Runner trains and minor new attractions as the sorts of incremental improvements you're asking for. As you say, they do add minor stuff along with major stuff. I think what surprised me and why I slightly misinterpreted your post is I didn't think your point was 'there's only 1 major thing in the pipeline across all properties at the same time because theyre treated as a single entity' because I just don't see the evidence for that. I think its an open secret that there is a replacement for Arkham coming which isn't minor, and that it's in the pipeline right now, and has been for a while now. By GC standards, new slides at WnW and the splash pad is a major project. Not the same as a new coaster perhaps, but it's far more than something like constrictor. This is at the same time as a MW hotel is being plannes and apparently planning what's next for SW and I think that line falls apart.

Flume taking a while to be replaced isn't a shock since it was closed at very short notice after TRR. In an ideal world I think they should have replaced it before dealing with New Atlantis but that's a total side issue. Another side issue is the lag between announcements and opening. I agree in the last few years it's been nuts, made worse by Covid but still nuts. The announcement timing for non Atlantis stuff has been fine though. I'm not sure they've even announced what they're doing with WB Showcase have they?

6 hours ago, Dom said:

I'd be happy for them to dramatically increase their annual pass prices if they stopped treating their theme parks like a single entity. The 'one at a time' mentality behind how they improve their theme parks really leaves more to be desired especially now that the Gold Coast basically has a net-loss of theme park attractions because we can't build rides quick enough to counter the early days where most parks were adding new big additions annually. 

Now that they've got the private investment firm behind them they really need to make sure that all of their parks are constantly being improved otherwise it's going to 6-8 years before Sea World gets touched after New Atlantis. 

Just how much turnover do you think these parks experience?

Cap ex expenditure is spread out by rotating around vrtp properties because (among other things) they dont support major expenditure every year. 

It makes no difference if the new investment firm owners have money, it has to make financial sense.

Since when did any of the parks spend big every year for new rides? Its never been like that.

If you look back over the last 30 years, the major cycle has been about 5-8 years, with some smaller spenditure between periods. 

Just go back and see how much profit vrtp and dreamworld (even pre accident) post every year. You would be literally spending everything you make. Share holders would be screaming for the executives to be sacked. 

Edited by Levithian

18 hours ago, Slick said:

You forgot meerkats. 

Everybody forgets paradise country.

18 hours ago, themagician said:

Is it everyone single coaster on the Gold Coast, or just the adult ones? Because if you want to do the challenge properly you’ve got to go on

Gold Coaster

Escape from Madagascar 

Shockwave?

MDMC

Superman Escape

Green Lantern

DC Rivals

Scooby

Road Runner

Jet Rescue

Storm

SpongeBob Boating School

Just fixed that up for you by deleting the fake coasters in the list.

17 hours ago, joz said:

I think its an open secret that there is a replacement for Arkham coming which isn't minor, and that it's in the pipeline right now, and has been for a while now.

<snip>

Flume taking a while to be replaced isn't a shock since it was closed at very short notice after TRR. In an ideal world I think they should have replaced it before dealing with New Atlantis but that's a total side issue. 

Have they actually made an official, public announcement for Arkham or has it just been replies to comments on socials? Have they placed a sign with the usual 'this attraction closed to make way for an exciting new attraction' ?

I'll be honest in my most recent visits, I can't recall if they've done either of those things. Meanwhile Vikings was closed, publicly announced as such, and signage existed at the ride entry for some time with the usual 'make way' signage. 

I get the issues of no lead time for Vikings, but it was sort of the same issue for Arkham - they worked to try fixing it for some time before they gave up on it so both rides are in the same boat (no pun intended) as far as lead time is concerned - yet it seems like Arkham gets a pass because it is rumoured (not confirmed) to have a replacement in the works, whereas there is no such rumour about Vikings despite the official announcement saying otherwise?

:S

I mean I've said what I've said. It's reasonably known that an Arkham replacement is in the works that is well progressed. There is considerable chatter from many places to that end that there simply wasn't with Vikings. When it'll open who knows, but the insinuation was that they only can do one thing at a time. I'm telling you that's not true.

• Like 1

It's a shame the AA replacement isn't underway, or at least the pull down having begun, just because the buzz of activity and seeing the area being prepped creates excitement. If plans haven't changed since i last saw, and they can get it ready for a late 2022 opening, then i think the one-two-three punch of Leviathan, Trident (i reckon we may see this pushed back later than Easter to spread out attractions) and then the AA replacement will more than satisfy the extra $$ for the passes

I understand why they haven't announced anything, they don't want to steal the thunder away from SeaWorld's new rides before they've even opened. Sure us enthusiasts would be happy for the news but to the average theme park goer it would be an inundation of new things and possibly dilute the excitement for Trident and Leviathan.

9 minutes ago, Cactus_Matt said:

I understand why they haven't announced anything, they don't want to steal the thunder away from SeaWorld's new rides before they've even opened. Sure us enthusiasts would be happy for the news but to the average theme park goer it would be an inundation of new things and possibly dilute the excitement for Trident and Leviathan.

AA replacement site prep will need to be well underway by Easter, so unless they are going to do the un-VTP thing and start works before an announcement, I reckon we might see an announcement prior to Leviathan getting riders 

• 4 weeks later...
On 02/11/2021 at 12:49 PM, joz said:

Otherwise +1 to the 'Village Roadshow Branding in the parks needs to go. Been saying it for years, and I'll keep saying it. The current uniform to me looks like the sort of thing I would expect someone who works in the F&B warehouse to wear, not all front line staff. The parks also have different vibes, and I think paying to the strength of each is a better move than a bland Corperate thing across parks.

On this note, it appears we are going from individual park designs on the all day sippers to a VRTP branded one.

image.thumb.png.eb42eb9fae95de68d8e7e8c2256a381f.png

They also just had a price rise to $15 and $9 to reactivate.

• 11 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Didn’t think it was worth making a new thread, but felt it was worth mentioning.

VRTP have changed the validity terms for new one pass purchases that they now must be used/activated within 3 months of purchase, all other tickets remain at 12 months.

New Pass purchases must be presented for first use within 3 months from the date of purchase (failing which it will be deemed void and not able to be used). A renewal offer is available to existing Passholders who have a Pass which expired within the past 28 days or a Pass expiring in the next 28 days. If renewed within 28 days prior to expiry of previous Pass, the new Pass validity commences immediately for 12 months from expiration of the previous Pass, or if renewed within 28 days after the expiration of previous Pass, the new Pass validity commences immediately for 12 months from renewal date.

It's a smart change to the terms and conditions - a lot of folk buy a pass on sale, but don't plan to visit until the holidays, so by not activating it they can make it work for two holidays. I just hope they make this part of the terms prominent enough when people buy or they're going to get a lot of pissed of people when they realise the offer has expired or been void.