Non-Vaccinated Banned From Theme Parks

Brad2912

As of 17th December, you must be fully vaccinated to enter a theme park. 

This will no doubt affect attendance at the parks in the summer holidays, and take some of the oomph out of the ST launch, as well as the new slides at WnW. 

It will be interesting to see how the parks deal with annual pass holders who will no longer be able to attend, as well as people who have already booked White Christmas tickets and can no longer attend. Refunds will have to be issued I assume.

there is also likely to be a rush on pre-December 17 event nights 

• Love it! 1

Originally it seemed the messaging was could happen earlier if we hit 80%, now the FAQ says

These restrictions will start on 17 December 2021, even if we reach 80% double dose before that date. This is so that businesses and individuals can plan for the change.

Personally agree that I don't think it will have a huge impact on numbers willing to visit, and this might be just enough of a push to get those hesitant jabbed.

1 hour ago, Brad2912 said:

It will be interesting to see how the parks deal with annual pass holders who will no longer be able to attend, as well as people who have already booked White Christmas tickets and can no longer attend. Refunds will have to be issued I assume.

Considering they will be following the law I doubt anyone will be entitled to a refund, what they choose to do as a "gesture of goodwill" if anything will be interesting.

image.thumb.png.df7c4b5f6a19c2132fe2d5b1bd639001.png

Worth noting it is due for review (top right) when we hit 90%.

Edited by Park Addict 93

33 minutes ago, themagician said:

My understanding was those rules are implemented when the state reaches 80% double vaccinated? So it could be after December 17.

No,  17th is the day even if 80% isn't achieved.

oop.JPG.cc6d15c0f8cf84c536a0665eeca0b583.JPG

9 minutes ago, Park Addict 93 said:

Originally it seemed the messaging was could happen earlier if we hit 80%, now the FAQ says

Unvaxed won't be shut out before the 17th but vaxed people could get restrictions reduced before the 17th.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

No doubt - i feel more safe knowing unvaccinated folks will be excluded from the theme parks, and I for one will be more inclined to visit regularly knowing those restrictions are in force.

Are you going to stop visiting the parks when QLD reaches 90% and they give the unvaxed back their freedoms?

54 minutes ago, Vidgamer said:

I think this change could actually have a positive effect. I think knowing everyone attending the parks is vaccinated means a whole lot of people will feel safer.

Is there anyone who is not visiting due to fear Covid? Must be single digits a day.

I'm vaccinated, you should be vaccinated too, and if you're not you should be denied medical care, but IMHO there's a lot of 'fucked' in this. Interesting times.

• Like 1

I think there's a huge difference between going somewhere despite the risk and being paranoid about every little thing, and going somewhere feeling a sense of safety because you know that the venue has implemented measures to alleviate those fears. 

I'm certainly selective over going out if I don't need to, but i'm also trying to live my life (and raise a 5 year old) without missing out on 'too much' because of it.

Going into a park, where they have QR code check-in and mandatory App usage - Good. But I still wear a mask, still get paranoid about people invading my personal bubble and try to keep a distance from others wherever possible. 

I would probably relax a lot more if I didn't have to keep looking over my shoulder at the guy behind me in line who isn't wearing a mask properly and keeps inching closer and closer to me with every step despite the stickers spaced 1.5m apart on the ground.

4 minutes ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

I would probably relax a lot more if I didn't have to keep looking over my shoulder at the guy behind me in line who keeps inching closer and closer to me with every step.

Maybe he wants your phone number.😁

@DaptoFunlandGuyat MW you can't past the entry of an enclosed queue without wearing a mask but once you get inside half the mask come off.  At DW staff are the only people wearing mask.

5 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

As of 17th December, you must be fully vaccinated to enter a theme park. 

This will no doubt affect attendance at the parks in the summer holidays, and take some of the oomph out of the ST launch, as well as the new slides at WnW. 

there is also likely to be a rush on pre-December 17 event nights 

We truly do live in a society.

I'm not interested in the covid vaccine debate in terms of choice - but it's a choice.

As a vaccinated person you are just as likely to get covid from a vaccinated person than from a non-vaccinated.

You are mingling with unvaxxed people every day now, and will be until the 17th.

In my opinion its a giant crock of shit. 

You are all entitled to your opinions, i respect them, but i personally disagree with segregating society and moving backwards as a state.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

but it's a choice

I agree it is a choice. We make choices in life every day - each choice has its own consequences and we must make ourselves aware of those consequences - and accept them if that is the choice we make.

14 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

As a vaccinated person you are just as likely to get covid from a vaccinated person than from a non-vaccinated.

Vaxxed people have fewer and lesser reactions - and I believe are infectious for shorter periods - so the odds of them spreading it are also therefore reduced - so I respectfully disagree - you aren't 'just as likely' although I agree it is still possible. The more of the herd that have it, the less likely it is to spread though.

15 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

You are mingling with unvaxxed people every day now, and will be until the 17th

True - but we're also wearing masks, social distancing, capacity limits, non-vertical consumption and so on. Many of these things will be phased back or phased out when the vaxxed targets are met.

16 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

In my opinion its a giant crock of shit. 

I accept that everyone is entitled to have, and share their opinion in a respectful manner.

I personally don't understand that view though (to be clear, I accept you have that opinion, I just don't understand it).
I guess though that it's kind of like how some religious folk don't accept that Dinosaurs were a thing - scientists and other -'ists dug up their bones, found fossil records etc - but they just didn't accept that to be truth. (despite religion causing loads of wars throughout history - the world didn't end because of those differences!)

23 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

i personally disagree with segregating society and moving backwards as a state.

Your opinion is again respected, but I don't see this as anyone forcing segregation - folks had a choice, remember? this is the consequence. 

As for moving backwards as a state - I for one am very glad to be living in Queensland, and not Victoria.

• Like 3

^It certainly puts things into perspective.

Apart from the early days when the parks were all closed, and the occasional 3-day snap lockdown - access to the parks has been pretty open and fairly unrestricted since the beginning. 

We've not really seen the restrictions on the coast that were imposed in Melbourne or Sydney - for some this is the first time they've had to face losing something that the rest of the general populace has taken for granted.

5 minutes ago, rappa said:

Ironically Victoria has the exact same laws and people are just happy there to be able to go do these things again. 

That’s because they’ve managed the situation pathetically for 18 months. They’ve been locked up more than any place in the world, so of course getting some freedoms make them happy. In Qld we’ve basically had nothing of note - hence the comment we move backwards while others go forwards. From mid December in Sydney there is no different rules whether vaxxed or not 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

From mid December in Sydney there is no different rules whether vaxxed or not 

isn't that because the herd immunity in that population is forecast to be high enough then? Because they all jumped on the vax bandwagon and everyone got jabbed in a bloody hurry?

Isn't that what is likely to happen up here when approximately 50% of the currently unvaxxed get vaxxed???

21 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

From mid December in Sydney there is no different rules whether vaxxed or not 

When NSW hits 95% double vaxxed which is hardly the same situation. Most people did the right thing earlier and have and are seeing the benefit of that.

Edited by MrLukeCarroll
  • Like 2