Non-Vaccinated Banned From Theme Parks

Brad2912

15 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

I didn't say or didn't imply it was the only reason, but that it would certainly be a contributing factor. You've just decided to take a negative implication to my statement as you disagree with it. 

Just to be clear you said:

On 16/11/2021 at 9:55 PM, Brad2912 said:

Lot of people being stood down in 4 weeks, they have a heap of roles in fill and not much time to do it 

What other possible reason, occurring on or about the 17th of December (being approximately 4 weeks from time of post) would result in a 'lot of people being stood down' leaving them with a 'heap of roles to fill'? Unless mandated - why would so many staff walk out of a job right before Christmas?

We're all intelligent adults here mate - don't insult our intelligence by trying to suggest you meant something else was going to cause Dreamworld to stand down 'a lot of people'. It is as plain as day.

17 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

The state average is just that, an average. When you consider the +60yo demographic is around the 90% mark, you can average that the young adult demo is quite below the overall state mark, and that has been confirmed multiple times - the 19-39 age bracket has lowest %, the Gold Coast one of the lowest rates in SE Qld, and the northern GC the lowest of the GC region. 

I found me some stats folks. Source health.gov.au.

The 20-39 age bracket has a national population of 7,377,551. The total number of persons (as at 17/11) who had not yet had any dose of the vaccine was 1,068,045. This is around 14.5% of the population in this age bracket. (Worth noting though that 35-39 year olds are at 10%, while 20-24 year olds are at 19%.

The Gold Coast ranks at 16th out of 40 local government areas in the state for first doses, and 13th out of 40 for second doses. This ranks the GC higher than Ipswich, Scenic Rim, Gympie, Logan, Lockyer Valley, and lower than Toowoomba, Sunshine Coast, Moreton Bay, Noosa, Brisbane and Redland (Although the difference between the GC and the highest LGA - Redland Council - is 7.6%.

As for North Gold Coast being the lowest of the Gold Coast region, I call bullshit.

image.thumb.png.67640244563a190020ed720a50a8a3ab.png

This is sorted by single dose rates. While the double dose figures vary, it is reasonable to assume most people who received 1 dose will get their second dose within the next 4 weeks.

For anyone curious, the regions above can be viewed on a map here

On 9/11/21 at 12:34 PM, Park Addict 93 said:

Originally it seemed the messaging was could happen earlier if we hit 80%, now the FAQ says

These restrictions will start on 17 December 2021, even if we reach 80% double dose before that date. This is so that businesses and individuals can plan for the change.

The FAQ was updated a few days ago to state they may now be brought in earlier.

These restrictions are scheduled to start on 17 December 2021. However, they may commence earlier if 80% of our population is fully vaccinated prior to that date.

Check in QLD is due to be updated tommorow to link with Medicare/provide vaccination status.

Edited by Park Addict 93

2 hours ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

We're all intelligent adults here mate - don't insult our intelligence by trying to suggest you meant something else was going to cause Dreamworld to stand down 'a lot of people'. It is as plain as day.

I made a statement as to a contributing factor to needing new staff being the vax mandates. I didn’t say the vax mandates are the only reason they need new staff. 

every day for the last few weeks AP in her press conferences has consistently stated the GC vax levels are not good enough, and earlier this week went as far as to specifically name northern GC suburbs as a problem area. 

Mate I get it, you have a differing opinion to me. That doesn’t bother me, it shouldn’t bother you either. 

Edited by Brad2912
  • Like 3

@DaptoFunlandGuyI'll be honest, this seems like arguing for the sake of it. Yes they're hiring for school holidays, AND they are having to stand people down for vaccination reasons and have lots of positions to to fill. The 2 things aren't mutually exclusive. Vaccine stand downs are not the only reason (for the recruitment drive).

Edit: @Brad2912 beat me to it by a few seconds

Edited by joz
  • Like 3

Local rag is now reporting on the requests for refunds from unvaccinated, parks have yet to decide what they will do.

Both Village Roadshow – which operates Movie World, Sea World and Wet‘n’Wild – and Ardent-owned Dreamworld said they would follow the vaccine mandate, but were awaiting formal health direction before confirming whether or not unvaccinated people would be offered refunds. 

“We are still working through the finer details of these vaccination rules and how it will be implemented across our venues,” a Village Roadshow spokesman said. 

“We will provide more information to our guests and team members once we have a clearer understanding.” 

The Bulletin asked the Office of Fair Trading Queensland for clarification on whether customers were entitled to a refund, but did not receive a response.

46 minutes ago, Park Addict 93 said:

Local rag is now reporting on the requests for refunds from unvaccinated, parks have yet to decide what they will do.

Spicy opinion incoming but I would imagine that there is no reason why they have to give refunds. People who have medical exemptions are given the same options as those who are vaccinated so that rules out discrimination. There is a freedom of choice, but Theme parks don't need to accommodate to your refunds if you move to a different state, so why should they provide a refund if you choose not to get vaccinated? 

• Like 4

I think you will find the condition is new @Gazza.   I'm also no lawyer so I'm not going to pretend to be.   What I do know is the Parks could cause bad faith with up to 20% of their customers

( @DaptoFunlandGuyto check all numbers). 

This forced vacation to enter will not last forever and will be lucky to last 6 months so a pause on passes wouldn't be a bad compromise.

Edited by New display name

11 minutes ago, New display name said:

I think you will find the condition is new @Gazza.   I'm also no lawyer so I'm not going to pretend to be.   What I do know is the Parks could cause bad faith with up to 20% of their customers

( @DaptoFunlandGuyto check all numbers). 

This forced vacation to enter will not last forever and will be lucky to last 6 months so a pause on passes wouldn't be a bad compromise.

From my understanding it will last until 90% double vaccination which they are estimating to be mid-late january.

19 minutes ago, New display name said:

Parks could cause bad faith with up to 20% of their customers

Isn't making the choice to not get vaccinated bad faith towards the business though? Seems unfair for them to have to accommodate for people who have decided not to meet the entry requirements.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, New display name said:

It wasn't the entry requirements when they purchased the tickets.  Maybe the parks need to look for compensation from the Government.

You keep saying this but I'm sorry mate, it's a paper thin argument. You agree to the following when you purchase a pass. 

image.thumb.png.792d892a8ed8ffe78d4b5534a2e7cf03.png

3 minutes ago, New display name said:

And every time they have closed the park due to Covid they have extended the passes.

But they're not closing the parks due to COVID, they are being required to ensure that their patrons are vaccinated. 

The resources involved in extending passes solely for those who can't come because they aren't double-vaxxed just wouldn't be worth it. You'd need to allocate customer service agents, IT resources, and WebDev. You would also need to figure out a way to ensure that those coming into the park aren't those with extensions as that would directly impact revenue from pass renewals. There are also too many variables. What do you do if somebody extends their pass because they're not vaxxed but then they get vaxxed? It's too messy. 

Anything that they do would be in good faith, but it's not required.

• Like 1