Non-Vaccinated Banned From Theme Parks

Brad2912

Personally, I'm all for rounding up the unvaxxed and putting them in hotel quarantin/mass sterilization camps till they decide to get jabbed. I accept that's probably a bit to far, so perhaps a good faith thing of 'we'll extend passes for the unvaxxed, but you have to call us to alert us to the fact you're unvaxxed is a fair compromise. The way it works is it's from December 17th, till the date restrictions ease, OR the date you use your pass again (Because you stopped being an F wit, got vaccinated and decided to celebrate by going to a park).

Edited by joz
  • Like 3

43 minutes ago, Dom said:

Isn't making the choice to not get vaccinated bad faith towards the business though? Seems unfair for them to have to accommodate for people who have decided not to meet the entry requirements.

If you were aware of those entry requirements at the time of purchase, sure. But there was no entry requirement regarding being vaccinated when tickets were purchased.

44 minutes ago, New display name said:

What has that got to do with a rule that didn't exist when you purchased the ticket?

As has been pointed out, the rule did exist.

However, If the parks are going to allow passholders to pause the clock on their expiration dates because they made an informed decision not to meet the government mandated entry requirements for whatever reason, how is that any different from me pausing my pass because I don't wish to visit the parks during the winter flu season?

If you're thinking "but that's ridiculous!" then i've made my point.

10 minutes ago, joz said:

Personally, I'm all for rounding up the unvaxxed and putting them in hotel quarantin/mass sterilization camps till they decide to get jabbed

Maybe we should rename you Hitler? or Stalin?

Even the PM came out today and said unvaccinated people should not be stopped from attending anywherer anymore and the states are overreaching and overexerting power that is unnecessary. 

2 minutes ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

As has been pointed out, the rule did exist.

However, If the parks are going to allow passholders to pause the clock on their expiration dates because they made an informed decision not to meet the government mandated entry requirements for whatever reason, how is that any different from me pausing my pass because I don't wish to visit the parks during the winter flu season?

If you're thinking "but that's ridiculous!" then i've made my point.

No different to how if i had booked accommodation these holidays at one of a number of hotels that have no decided to implement a vax rule that i am entitled to a full refund as i was not made aware of that at the time of booking.

1 minute ago, Brad2912 said:

If you were aware of those entry requirements at the time of purchase, sure. But there was no entry requirement regarding being vaccinated when tickets were purchased.

Let's be clear. 

• The parks haven't changed their terms and conditions.
  • These entry requirements are government orders, and they don't get a choice whether they follow it or not.
  • The existing terms and conditions cover this, and don't require the park to compensate you for circumstances beyond their control
  • They can, and have made good faith gestures, both en-masse when the parks were closed, and case-by-case for NSW passholders when the borders locked them out
  • They are not required to do diddly squat.
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

You agree to the terms of condition for the duration of your pass, not just when you purchased it. Don't open pandoras box because the same thing you're arguing for could be used against you. Imagine if the parks turned around and forced you to pay $25 more whenever they added a new attraction because you signed up to the pass when they had 20 attractions, but now they have 21 and it's unfair for them. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

Maybe we should rename you Hitler? or Stalin?

He didn't suggest killing anyone. 

Even the PM came out today and said unvaccinated people should not be stopped from attending anywherer anymore and the states are overreaching and overexerting power that is unnecessary. 

The sovereignty of our states is a funny thing. If you've ever studied constitutional law, its amazing what the states have the power to do. If the states were overreaching or overexerting, wouldn't you think the commonwealth government would have done something about it? (Hint: ADF personnel have deployed to several states with higher restriction levels to assist the states in managing the situation.

No different to how if i had booked accommodation these holidays at one of a number of hotels that have no decided to implement a vax rule that i am entitled to a full refund as i was not made aware of that at the time of booking.

Force Majeure and other rules would come into play. Many tourism operators have changed their cancellation policies to give guests more confidence in making a booking should something come into play that prevented them from checking in, but don't kid yourself - they did this to lure people back, not because they are obliged to do so for things beyond their control such as government orders.

Also note, they didn't 'now decide' to implement a vax rule - if they fall under the government's category that requires it - they made no such decision.

I suspect many operators will be moving back to their pre-covid refund policies - a place I stayed at a month ago already had for stays 'on or after 6 December'. Some even have different rates depending on the cancellation policy you choose.

Edited by DaptoFunlandGuy

15 minutes ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

Let's be clear. 

• The parks haven't changed their terms and conditions.
  • These entry requirements are government orders, and they don't get a choice whether they follow it or not.
  • The existing terms and conditions cover this, and don't require the park to compensate you for circumstances beyond their control
  • They can, and have made good faith gestures, both en-masse when the parks were closed, and case-by-case for NSW passholders when the borders locked them out
  • They are not required to do diddly squat.

I have no doubt there is some way they can legally get away with not offering refunds. 

Just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should. 

The good-will runs both ways. DW has a history of having no regard for rules or regulations when it comes to providing a safe environment for their guests and employees. Plenty of people continued to support them showing a fair share of goodwill themselves after they were responsible for killing people.

16 minutes ago, Dom said:

You agree to the terms of condition for the duration of your pass

you agree to the terms of conditions at the point of sale and those terms are in effect for the duration of the contract. Amendment to those terms requires agreement from both parties. 

I'd be happy to have them raise my annual pass by $25 if they opened a bunch of new attractions, as long as i get an equal discount when half their attractions are closed which is a situation they operate in far more frequently.

6 minutes ago, New display name said:

I always find it funny that people jump up and down at the unvaccinated but decided the AZ vax wasn’t going in their bodies. 

There is a difference between being told not to get a certain vaccine under health advice, and not any vaccine regardless of health advice. 

8 minutes ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

He didn't suggest killing anyone. 

I'm not entirely opposed to it. Maybe just let the virus loose in the camp, and in a few weeks the survivors (of which there will be plenty) can rejoin society? For the record, 97% of me is joking, probably about 3% of me means it, but according to people who are anti vax, a 3% rate isn't worth doing anything about 🙂

@Gazza is spot on. I don't think legally you need to extend passes, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't. Act in good faith, and give the nutters an extension.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

Also note, they didn't 'now decide' to implement a vax rule - if they fall under the government's category that requires it - they made no such decision.

There are many venues that are not implicated by the government rules that are implementing their own restrictions. There is no government required restriction on accommodation. Paradise Resort, Binna Burra Lodge are 2 i am aware of. 

Just as a contrasting story. I had a pass purchased as a gift last christmas for the VRTP theme parks. It's valid for 12 months.

Now there's been time within these last 12 months where we could have attended, but really we were waiting for these new rides to open to make better use of our time. Lockdown's came and its now going to be too close to Christmas when we're allowed back in to QLD.

So we asked VRTP what we could do, they gave us a 'refund' in the form of a credit to use within 3 years.

Now, did they have to do that? No, but it's good PR that they did. They could have said 'sorry, but these are the terms' but they didn't, and I'm happy that they did. Instead of having something negative to say, I'm saying something positive.

Whilst I don't agree that anti-vaxxers are on the right side of the argument, I do feel that the parks need to take their requests seriously. Remember, just because someone is vaxxed, doesn't mean that they won't retaliate against businesses that enforce their own mandate for vaccination (in addition to existing Gov. rules), some have reluctantly been vaxxed due to threats of job loss etc.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Gazza said:

Hey how come on Facebook the people wanting refunds are being so abusive towards the park even though it wasn't the parks choice?

.🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

because some people are morons unfortunately. We live in a world where people think the person who manages the social media posts for a business is the CEO and sole decision maker and therefore they expect corporate level transparency

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

because some people are morons unfortunately. We live in a world where people think the person who manages the social media posts for a business is the CEO and sole decision maker and therefore they expect corporate level transparency

I think its more about bullying a company into submission through fear of viral negative backlash / boycotting when said bully doesn't get their way.

20 minutes ago, Dom said:

There is a difference between being told not to get a certain vaccine under health advice, and not any vaccine regardless of health advice. 

If you followed all the different health advice just within Australia you would end up inside out.   It should be called health opinion because every state has a different one, as does every country in the world.

To me I find the conflict reassuring. If Covid was a NWO bullshit thing to get us to take vaccines and all governments were in on it, you'd expect a much more coordinated response. That it's ramshackle and is made up on the fly says to me that it is fallible people in government honestly doing their best to respond to a situation.

• Like 3