Non-Vaccinated Banned From Theme Parks

Brad2912

VRTP have now announced what they are willing to offer those who will be unable to visit when the new vaccine mandate come into place.

We are offering our Village Roadshow One Pass holders the opportunity to pause their passes for a period of 3 or 6 months or until the Government restrictions no longer apply, commencing when Queensland reaches 80% double dose vaccination rates (predicted from 17th December).
• If you have an unused/unactivated ticket or pass, you have 12 months from date of purchase to activate/first use this ticket pass
• If you wish to pause your Village Roadshow One Pass or have another enquiry regarding your booking or experience, please visit our ticket enquiry page to provide us with further information regarding your enquiry.

I think this is fair, a good gesture of goodwill.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, New display name said:

I just believe I don't have the right to tell you what to put into your body.

I agree with this.

What, however, is wrong with asking those who have chosen differently to you “why”?

What is wrong with well reasoned, supported by evidence discussions to ensure those choices are being made based off of the best possible Information?

if Joe Rogan can give his views, why can’t I? I’m just as qualified..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gazza said:

So no pausing until Leviathan is open?

I'll sneak you in.  You can be my stepbrother but you have to call me Dragon.

57 minutes ago, veovis said:

with all the rain we are going to have this summer it might be an interesting idea to pause for 3 months until after the school holidays even if I am fully vaxxed.

Most years I avoid MW & SW after boxing day because both parks do little to convince me standing in a queue for hours is worth my while.  On the other hand DW summer is a must this year.  I would be happy for Village to pause my pass during this period every year, rain hail or shine.

58 minutes ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

I agree with this.

What, however, is wrong with asking those who have chosen differently to you “why”?

What is wrong with well reasoned, supported by evidence discussions to ensure those choices are being made based off of the best possible Information?

if Joe Rogan can give his views, why can’t I? I’m just as qualified..

Asking questions is fine in "my book" but putting somebody into a position of having to defend themselves because you don't agree with the answers they are giving you isn't really asking a question.

@DaptoFunlandGuythe-castle-the-vibe.gif.ffd6c10d658309b24b6bc516edb16fe7.gif

Edited by New display name

4 hours ago, New display name said:

Asking questions is fine in "my book" but putting somebody into a position of having to defend themselves because you don't agree with the answers they are giving you isn't really asking a question.

No one forced or coerced you into public discussion though, so that line of thinking is a bit rich in my books. It’s akin to flying nazi propaganda out the front of you local woolies, engaging in discussion about your actions and being upset at people when people aren’t engaging with you the way you’d like them to. 

26 minutes ago, Slick said:

No one forced or coerced you into public discussion though, 

So if I made a comment about you that you didn't agree with, you wouldn't feel the need to defend yourself?

It's also not a discussion when it just becomes a pile on.

1184744917_23ErskineStreetUpperCoomeraModel2.jpg.2a7972e5682034640a518da589784d80.jpg

Edited by New display name

12 minutes ago, New display name said:

So if I made a comment about you that you didn't agree with, you wouldn't feel the need to defend yourself?

The inference here is that you’re suggesting people would be making commentary about me as a person, not my ideas. 

As I’ve mentioned, it’s a discussion of ideas, not identity. Ergo, if someone feels attacked, it’s more often than not because their identity is probably too intertwined with their ideas.

If folks got the identity politics out of the road and just listened to the science, there’d actually be no discussion. 

Edited by Slick
  • Like 1

Is "identity politics" the word of the month?   Of course your ideas are apart of who you are.

8 minutes ago, Slick said:

If folks got the identity politics out of the road and just listened to the science, there’d actually be no discussion. 

People are not robots, and it isn't black & white that you can stick in one box.  Many people don't believe in science.  If you go to a religious school, you are taught a whole different way of the world and nothing has to do with science.  

Anyway you have a right of reply.   This is going to keep going around in circles and it's not what people go to Parkz for, so I'm going to end my part in this now.👍  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, New display name said:

People are not robots, and it isn't black & white that you can stick in one box.  Many people don't believe in science.  If you go to a religious school, you are taught a whole different way of the world and nothing has to do with science. 

For sure - if science, evidence and critical thinking trumped belief, the Church of Scientology would be f*cked. 

Science adjusts its views based on what's observed
Faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved.

Tim Minchin said that, and I reckon that holds up just as well as when he first coined it over a decade ago. COVID-19 isn't an exercise in beliefs, it's an exercise in science and evidence. All pandemics are, and we didn't beat any of them by believing they weren't real, so why should this one be any different? I'll leave with you another one of his quotes that I think is pertinent given the context of the debate.

A famous bon mot asserts that opinions are like arse-holes, in that everyone has one. There is great wisdom in this… but I would add that opinions differ significantly from arse-holes, in that yours should be constantly and thoroughly examined.

We must think critically, and not just about the ideas of others. Be hard on your beliefs. Take them out onto the verandah and beat them with a cricket bat.... Be intellectually rigorous. Identify your biases, your prejudices, your privilege.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, iwerks said:

anti vaxxers just keep getting more and more stupid. i never thought i would say this but they are WORSE than bronies which i didn't think was possible!!

Edited by bladex

2 hours ago, bladex said:

anti vaxxers just keep getting more and more stupid. i never thought i would say this but they are WORSE than bronies which i didn't think was possible!!

I’ll bite at this. 

there are extreme people in every walk of life. They don’t represent the views of the majority. 

and the label of “anti-vaxxers” is media sensationalism bullshit at its best, and it’s now being driven into common vernacular in the community which is disappointing. A good 90% of people who have not have a covid shot as not “anti-vaxxers”, they’re people who have had all their childhood and scheduled vaccines during their life, but are making a personal choice not to have a covid shot. 

35 minutes ago, Slick said:

Why?

i don't think there is a blanket answer to that - it would vary for people.

it might be that they don't trust or are not comfortable with the levels of testing, it might be that they don't feel covid will impact them, it might be that they know people who have had bad reactions to the vaccine, it could be that the amount of coercion and force by the govt has made them question the legitimacy of it all. It could be a combination of those and other things.

But how do you know how much testing there was on childhood vaccines. They’ve been around much longer, but that doesn’t mean they won’t have life long impacts, much like the Covid vaccines could also. If someone never got any vaccines through their entire life, there is still a chance they could never get sick, but people still choose to get them, just in case. I got the Covid vaccine so that I was protected to some extent, just in case. I have people in my life who have auto-immune conditions who have a 80% chance of death if they get Covid. I’d rather get the vaccine to protect them and trust the dozens (if not hundreds) of scientists who worked on the vaccines and peer reviewed it. It may have been produced quickly, but there are chances other vaccines were produced just as quickly. Nearly everything we put in our bodies today we don’t actually know what’s in it or the processes it went through. But we still all ‘trust’ it.