The WB hotel Abu Dhabi opens

Brendan

The 9 story 257 room WB hotel has now opened in Abu Dhabi opposite Warner Bros World theme park.

Great article showing off the rooms, bars and restaurants inside hope Warner Bros Movie World hotel on Gold Coast is built to the similar standards

https://www.thenationalnews.com/travel/hotels/2021/11/12/worlds-first-warner-bros-hotel-opens-in-abu-dhabi/

Screen Shot 2021-11-13 at 1.48.58 PM.png

256867238_3081871355410429_3283244944687629678_n.jpeg

Screen Shot 2021-11-12 at 11.17.31 PM.png

• Like 3

Not really understanding the criticism regarding branding?

Businesses are profitable when they're recognisable... a multi million dollar business is obviously going to drop some coin on logos around their properties.

Besides that, I think the hotel looks fantastic, and truly hope we get something similar for Hotel V.

Edited by Luke Beazley
  • Like 3

I've seen the WB Hotel covered in a lot of places, and to be honest I'm not feeling it at all. Deapite a couple creative touches, there is just so little soul in what they do in that part of the world and this is a good example of it. You know how the new Space Jam was a soulless ad for Warner Brother's extended catalogue? This is the Space Jam of hotels.

It actually makes me think that Hotel V, which I orginally hated as an idea, is a much better choice for Oxenford. It works better as a hotel for the whole site since despite being outside Movie World. Remember there are 4 other attractions on site that have nothing to do with Warner Brothers. Sure it'll probably also be a big bland Corperate hotel, but I actually think full generic is better than the half generic thing that WB Hotel offers.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Luke Beazley said:

Businesses are profitable when they're recognisable... a multi million dollar business is obviously going to drop some coin on logos around their properties.

Besides that, I think the hotel looks fantastic, and truly hope we get something similar for Hotel V.

Because the corporate soulless administration side of an entertainment business should never be public facing. Its not a thing, its just egotistical desire to be more than what you are. Just be an amazing theme park in it’s own right. 
Hell even “Disney Parks” failed as brand and Disney IS a thing. 

It’s like you buy a ticket to Moulin Rouge the musical and purchase a T Shirt or program from the show. 
You don’t go to get your hands on some Global Creatures Pty Ltd merch. 

• Like 2

I actually like the WB hotel so my comments were taken out of context. Best Disney resort I have seen is at Disneysea in Tokyo a great example of a hotel that blends into its theme park making it part of the experience !

slide_img_2.jpg

20180418_095742_wm.jpg

Two pools at hotel 1st on roof for adults overlooking city & water, 2nd family pool above entrance with a pool bar & movie screen. Yars Waterworld is 5 mins away with 20+ water slides ( last pic )

ZY4LYKE2MNDERI3RWLDLG7RRDA.jpg

xxl_153132585.jpg

P53EGNUL2FGVPI7T6PU4MT4TPA.jpg

4a.jpg

Edited by Brendan

19 hours ago, Luke Beazley said:

Are you talking about the WB branding in Abu Dhabi or the criticism of VIllage sticking the rake on everything?

I don't hate the WB branding, but the Rake is soulless corporate without a hint of anything close to being the kind of environment you want to visit. 

Every 'cast' member in their parks now wears the same 'costume' unless they are actually in a heavily themed or performance role. 

Heck, I remember when the show technicians used to wear a 'crew' shirt... but these bland corporate one-size-fits-most polos isn't the brand that should be public, and this constant push to shove a \\\V on everything is distracting and 'bad show'.

I agree the rake is a lot worse as far as branding goes. The WB logo is iconic, classy and harkens back to the golden age of cinema history (as well as Loony Toons) so its use as a logo doesn't feel cheap. The Village logo reminds me of renting shitty quality VHS tapes from VideoEzy, so you know nostalgic but not exactly something that screams 'quality'. 

• Like 1
  • Love it! 1

18 hours ago, Luke Beazley said:

Are you talking about the WB branding in Abu Dhabi or the criticism of VIllage sticking the rake on everything?

I don't hate the WB branding, but the Rake is soulless corporate without a hint of anything close to being the kind of environment you want to visit. 

Every 'cast' member in their parks now wears the same 'costume' unless they are actually in a heavily themed or performance role. 

Heck, I remember when the show technicians used to wear a 'crew' shirt... but these bland corporate one-size-fits-most polos isn't the brand that should be public, and this constant push to shove a \\\V on everything is distracting and 'bad show'.

• Thanks 1