Demon lift hill

scott

If the lift chain was not there the train would get stuck either at the bottom of the loop or between the loop and the boomerang. As an ex-operator of Demon I had several experiences with the chain failing in several different ways, the most common being that the dog (the bit under the train that latches onto the chain) would break. The train would then roll down the lift and stop in the brakes at the bottom, because the e-stop was pressed. "The Bus is now leaving for Demon Hill Paddock, Northern Territory"

They can only make the train go so fast otherwise it would be going too fast for the inversions. Did you ever notice the two cylinders on lift 2? As the train gets to lift 2 those cylinders are about halfway up the train and when the train releases they are at the back of the train. The train obviously needs the same amount of momentum to go backwards as it does to go forwards. "The Bus is now leaving for Cylinder Head Point, NSW"

I told you that over beers the other night didn't I mate? Yeah sure did... Where did you pull that from you friggin plonker? I have never met him in my life and am not likely to either so how did you come to that conclusion you brain dead imbecile? As for my whereabouts, "I have such a hectic lifestyle and don't have time". Or so our pineapple of a mate from Parramatta tells us... I've just been keeping you all in suspense. In all seriousness I have been a little busy of late though with getting arrested in friggin Boxhead land and all. Dirty bastards they are. Haven't had the time to check the forum really and why would I bother posting with the absolute rubbish that's been on here lately! I missed you you pack of dolts! I know you love me Slick!

RCT - i believe you're talking about the shuttle version coaster it has ready-made? i think going by what i remember of the game, the shuttle uses LIM or some other high speed propulsion, whereas demon uses only gravity. You've got to remember that (excluding the ups and downs) demon is in a constant state of slowing down the moment it leaves lift 1. it makes it halfway up lift 2 after performing a full circuit, and it comes to a complete stop before going back the other way. so it has half the time to gain speed again as it drops backwards... it wouldnt make it through the first loop without being lifted higher up lift 2 for the run back.

No, what we meant from RCT is the way shuttle coasters worked in there, the train would get pulled backward like demon and released, but there would be no second lift, it would just use the energy from the first incline to give it enough energy to do the circut backwards again, which meant a big first lift, but RCTs pysics engine, while sort of accurate, it did have some problems with accuracy, the main culprit was g forces.

Let me see here, the question was does Demon need the second lift to complete the circuit. After the question was answered, it was noted that in RCT it does, and it was mused that the idea probably came from that game. The consensus from there was that RCT isn't all that accurate. Then you jump in and say RCT is a game. Well done Einstein. You saved us all from thinking RCT is reality. Ok, so we all knew its a game. It was a kinda dumb thing to say, so I made fun of you, while throwing in that FD sucks (It does, that chick getting hit by the bus was the only thing that film had going for it). Ok, so from this conversation we've discovered that Demon needs a second lift, RCT physics aren't accurate, RCT is a game, and that your (apparently) not stupid. Move along.

Demon was extremely noising, so noisy in fact that it caused 35-40% hearing loss in one operator and saw the introduction of ear plugs as standard PPE for operators. Demon was far noisier to the operator then any other coaster in Australia due to the fact that it came through the station at about 70 clicks with 28 people screaming their heads off and about 50 people in the queue doing the same thing. "The Bus is now leaving for Cottesloe School Of Impaired Hearing, Western Australia"