Site office = construction

Jaggie

Well is was at wonderland last sunday and i saw something out of the corner of my eye while i was on the zodiac. In one of the car parks (that isnt being used) not the one that has the business park proposed to be built on it had a white site office. I asked an atenednt and they said that you just wait till christmas. Im excited!!!!! Ill get a photo next weekend for ya's and ill be taking more photos of everything else so i can put em in the album. Also someone posted in the forums that there was all netting and construction gates around the 2 sideshows down the bottom of goldrush near the bush beast, well the gates are gone now and does everyone know where the platforms are you walk on to get to the sideshow? Well they are gone. so there you have it

This is really exciting news. I just hope Wonderland builds a new thrill ride for the end of this year. Even if its just a thrilling flat ride. Personally i hope they build a roller coaster. My favourite type of coaster would have to be the Steel Twister. I had my first expierence last year at MBWM Madrid, and ever since i'm obsessed about them. Although a one of a kind coaster would be like the one they are building in Cedar Point now. "Top Thrill Dragster". Now that looks like a really fun one to ride. Well here is to hoping :D Hopefuly by the end of this year we should see the outcome of a great ride. ;)

Phsycho I will have to agree with you on this one. If it does end up being some tiger or clown or whatever show! I will be slightly dissapointed. But then you have to take into credit they this would be to early to start building a side show. But with a huge new ride to be ready by; say the end of the year :rolleyes: , now would be a good time to start construction. Sadly we just have to wait and see. :(

• 3 weeks later...

Ok it has come from the park that there is something coming for X-Mas and it has something to do with Marvel. If any one in Sydney is able to take pictures to document the/any construction then email me at wcurrie@ozattractions.com.au and we will post your pictures. The more the merrier.

Not trying to cut in on Wayne or anything here :P, but feel free to upload any photos here. There's either the Construction gallery in the Album, or you could upload them to a thread here (up to 10 images per post :D). Let's just hope that we're looking at a new ride - if they were doing a Spider-Man show, I'd imagine it'd go in the Action Man area (what are they doing with that these days anyway?).

okies here's what i saw. there was a construction site office and there were piles of bricks set up in what appeared to b a layout for more portable offices. If so this construction could be big. Almost all of the rides from LWW have gone throughout the park now. except for Beastie Splashdown and Scooby ride. the only thing different is that Action man doesn't exist anymore and the bounty has been painted and now looks a bit better. Photos coming soon. I'm also gonna post my on ride photos from Demon and Space Prob.

Guest boycotta

wonderland sydney is currently undergoing majoy reconstruction and i have the real goos. my friend workd there and recently she attended a meeting discussing the future of wonderland. the back carparks have been sold to a company to build factories. thats why there are sight offices. the parks hanna babera land will be used to create and enlarge the wildlife park. the wildlife park makes more money than wonderland itself with more visitors.i have the real information contact me at italia_67@hotmail.com for any more information

What a blow that will be if the carparks do turn into part of the Business Park.... Although I thought Wonderland would have more sense than to make it so obvious. No business park will make a theme park very attractive being that close. As for the Wildlife Park, that's strange if it's true. I knew that the Wildlife Park got a lot of tour buses, but I still thought Wonderland itself would be more viable in terms of income..... ....IF ONLY MANAGEMENT WOULD REALISE THAT COULD CHANGE WITH A NEW RIDE THOUGH *HINT HINT*

ok after a long chat with the park, the carparks are still in wonderlands hands and have not been sold. The wildlife area is not expanding at this time due to lack of permits. The permits the park has at this time allow only a certain amount of animals to be held. Any change in the number of animals would require a new permit or the current one altered. Still not been told as to what the construction site office is for. I put this to you from someone with a background in construction. If you were to own a park and the major thing with these parks is the ability to expand for future groth. Would you sell a main part of the park for a factory to be build next to you? Not only does it take away the expansion abilitys of the park, but it brings down the prce of the park straight away just by haveing the factory there. This is not what you want to have happen. As soon as I get more info from the PARK ITSELF and not a park enployee, I will let you know.

Guest boycotta

i know for a fact that there are industries right next to wonderland as well as the park does not make more money than the wildlife park. do you know how much it costs to run wonderland everyday??? the park spends over thousands of dollars a day to operate every ride. the amount of volts every ride takes is amazing. the park probably makes a loos than a profit depending on the amount of people that enter the park. the wildlife park however has animals therefor no electricity is used. for every visitor going to the wildlife park. the park would make almost the full profit. wonderland spends a lot of money on the appearance of the park than the money to the park. more rides need to be built but that would mean more money to spend and more money to operate the park. now with this money machine wonderland would loose more money. to buy a ride it aint sheap. the wipe out at dreamworld cost almost $3 million itself.

I don't believe that Wonderland is operating at a loss at all..... It was only about 5+ years back that Wonderland was only open on weekends, public holidays and during school holiday periods. When they expanded to 7 day a week trading I'm sure they looked at whether or not it would be profitable. Even if it turned out to be unprofitable, surely the park would not keep operating during mid week.

Hey Boycotta, get your facts straight about something before you type it. Sorry about this Richo but I gotta say this and you know I am right. The rides power useage is not measured in volts for a start. Most of the rides all use 3 phase power which is 415volts constant. If you want to see what the ride uses then you require the wattage of the ride. You use the standard math of Amps x Volts over Power. So if your ride uses 240 volts and draws 20 amps then it uses 4800watts of electricity. How to I know this you might ask....I AM A ELECTRICAN and have been for the last 8 years. And as for the info that I get...IT comes straight from the public releations office of the park. I also know other info about the park, but gave my word to the park not to say anything until it becomes public. The key word here ppl is research and reson....not just rumor.

Guest boycotta

alright i might have been hasty about the ride power usage, but the construction details are true. there are factories being built as i recently heared from a 30 year old friend that works there and there are expanding the wildlife park, i don't know why but they are. maybe for more kangaroos or to spread out the wildlife park more evenly. at the other forum i will be releasing photos at wonerland of the demon, bush beast, beastie, river rampage and other ride favourites. sorry for any inconvenience.