Giant Drop Retiring 6/02/21

Caust1

12 hours ago, Baconjack said:

I'll be disappointed if those Calibri letters are still there by the end of that 5 month block

Those things are physical pieces of shaped metal bolted to the tower underneath the drop track. Removing them is really an unlikely option. They could paint over them, but they'd have to paint the entire tower for it to not look like garbage.

I'm calling it unlikely at best.

14 minutes ago, Rivals said:

perhaps they could be redoing the Queue line and removing the spaghetti section around the ride finally? one can hope

Considering it is no longer required to get over the train track and is more complicated than it needs to be, I really hope so. If they fix that area up that’ll make a huge difference to the appearance of that area. 

41 minutes ago, Dom said:

I heard from my Dad who works for theme park that they're actually turning the Giant Drop into a 120m tall topple tower during the refurb.

TOPPLE TOWER | Huss Park Attractions

The new fall protection netting over main street and taipan is gonna be awesome with the night lighting package.

34 minutes ago, themagician said:

Considering it is no longer required to get over the train track and is more complicated than it needs to be, I really hope so. If they fix that area up that’ll make a huge difference to the appearance of that area. 

Yeah, GD just needs a simple set of stairs up, and a doubled-back ramp down to function as both exit and wheelchair access and rip the rest out.

• Like 1