Dreamworld Maintenance 2022

themagician

Steel Taipan and Giant Drop are both temporarily closed and apparently both have been since Tuesday (from what i’ve heard at least.)

i wonder if there is something going on within that area as they are both relatively close to each other or if both rides are just having some technically issues right now. 

56387000-D9D8-47A5-A43E-5D3B02204197.png

6F0030CB-5E4F-449A-A3F0-756556192FE8.png

28 minutes ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

It's even worse when your main ride-maintenance page Dreamworld | Ride Information doesn't even LIST Steel Taipan as a ride.

Tail Spin and MDMC are also out... given MDMC, GD and Taipan are out - could this be railway related? 

image.thumb.png.85faa07a92ebf51bff250b400bdaccf9.png

Good catch. Will be fun to watch how long it takes for them to ignore this thread but then magically fix the same problem. 😜

59 minutes ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

It's even worse when your main ride-maintenance page Dreamworld | Ride Information doesn't even LIST Steel Taipan as a ride.

Tail Spin and MDMC are also out... given MDMC, GD and Taipan are out - could this be railway related? 

image.thumb.png.85faa07a92ebf51bff250b400bdaccf9.png

i noticed this which is why i didn’t post a screenshot of the actual maintenance page. Giant Drop and MDMC might possibly be because of the railway but i don’t think Taipan is, im pretty sure it’s just having some technical issues atm

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Levithian said:

How long has taipan been open now? Maybe theres a period where everything has to be inspected after its reached a run in period?

just over 3 months, however there would’ve been an actual closure date listed and not just a random closure. According to an update provided by ‘OgreMagic’, the ride was down a lot just 13 days ago so i’m guessing there’s an issue they are trying to resolve before the holidays.

Edited by Rivals

7 hours ago, Rivals said:

just over 3 months, however there would’ve been an actual closure date listed and not just a random closure. According to an update provided by ‘OgreMagic’, the ride was down a lot just 13 days ago so i’m guessing there’s an issue they are trying to resolve before the holidays.

That guy makes good videos!

Ahem

On that particular day the ride was down for most of it, only reopening for the last few hours. Couldn't tell what was wrong. They were testing frequently throughout the day.

Edited by OgreMagic

• 2 weeks later...

Headed to DW this afternoon for the first time in a couple months. An improvement I noticed: 

It was great to hear themed music in different sections of the park. Every themed area had a soundtrack that accompanied it. 

Only heard generic music in the pathway between MS train station to GD & out back where the kangaroos/koala’s are. 

• 2 weeks later...

That fences has been like that for quite a while now, but I’m thinking they will indeed be fixing this area up. There is a bunch of reo underneath that sheeting you can see in the photo. I really hope it is indeed an end to spaghetti junction. This would require closing to corner of the park off, but considering you can access the wildlife through kids world, it wouldn’t be too much of an issue.

That reo seen in the images above was for a new pathway built alongside the current pathway under the GD. I’m assuming they old one will be closed off to allow for the refurbishment of the tower. I really do hope they use this time to fix the mess that this area of the park has become.

33E7B798-9A03-4C26-AEBF-1A20D5BB08E3.thumb.jpeg.fa27f7c9adde161813d1f2ead0225fea.jpeg

56E01595-325E-4ACA-A61B-183C4242F23E.thumb.jpeg.7d0ac81a257a35b4a09b2cc1329af125.jpeg

732B3D79-94F1-4DF2-810C-962F59B365B5.thumb.jpeg.c3064efe129e9aa097d9bf407507982b.jpeg

50AB5AB6-333C-4CCF-B7A5-6BF1BEABE0CE.thumb.jpeg.eea55c268f3d95a6a3bd9269b5448390.jpeg

With the shade sail over the MDMC now gone, it allows for a great vantage point for photos of the launch track from the GD exit. Unfortunately MDMC it’s scheduled to reopen next week when GD closes so anyone who wants to try get some good shots from this angle will have to wait until September. 

0B95E127-E304-42D8-B4C8-5726E6FFDD4A.jpeg

• Like 2