Dreamworld Maintenance 2022

themagician

1 hour ago, Dom said:

IMG-4155.thumb.JPG.2d414de78409dd36a21d6274be6c8104.JPG

B287ECE3-E0B5-411E-AFAD-DE73908BB23C.thumb.jpeg.8737c451fd63f8e22fec11eeda52e52e.jpeg

When you compare photos of the train there are a few differences visible. Look at the front of the train for example where the wheels are. Colour order of the bikes are completely different too. The harness system is different and more restrictive now. And when I asked a head ride operator for the park about if the ride had got faster (when that info was circulating online) they confirmed it had because the trains were lighter now. 

21 minutes ago, Vidgamer said:

Dreamworld appears to have made a small change to their website to indicate the ride is now called the 'Motocoaster', dropping the Mick Doohan branding.

BF1B1093-D68E-4014-B06B-6CE062200590.thumb.jpeg.753f760fafc882b66a1ffe848dfead67.jpeg

Interested to know if anything for the attraction has changed in the park with the update to the rides name on the website. On my last visit I didn’t notice any signage changes 

1 hour ago, themagician said:

Interested to know if anything for the attraction has changed in the park with the update to the rides name on the website. On my last visit I didn’t notice any signage changes 

I didn't notice any signage changes in the park when I visited on Thursday, but it definitely looks like they've cut Mick Doohan from everything. The website landing page and map have been updated to just say 'Motocoaster'

26 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

Mick’s flown the coup from the GC. His compound at Coomera is for sale if anyone has won the lotto recently. I believe one of the bathrooms still has Johnny Depp’s blood on the wall and part of a finger…

Probably because Doohan's money is going towards getting his son into F1.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

not sure if it has been brought up, but Shockwave has had a chain added across the fronts of the seats, im assuming so guests can’t walk off or something? 

the back wall has also been painted to fit in more, it definitely doesn't look as good as the original moral but it’s nice to see the park doing little things to just improve everything overall

28FE2C1B-C7F8-41E7-A6C4-B9053117981B.png

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...