Dreamworld TR January 2022

DaptoFunlandGuy

4 minutes ago, joz said:

Yeah agreed. I belive you've been told your those were the numbers so I don't think you're lying or being dishonest, but that seems dubious 

Well unless the school executive principal is flat lying to the faces of the p&f - hey he could be - but as the secretary of the p&f (was called p&c in Sydney) for the last 4 years he had no reason to lie to me. There is nothing to gain from doing so. I’ve also seen the teachers listings for 2022 vs 2021 first hand for my son’s school. 

38 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

Well unless the school executive principal is flat lying to the faces of the p&f - hey he could be - but as the secretary of the p&f (was called p&c in Sydney) for the last 4 years he had no reason to lie to me. There is nothing to gain from doing so. I’ve also seen the teachers listings for 2022 vs 2021 first hand for my son’s school. 

I don't think people are doubting your school, but I also don't think its logical to extrapolate that across the state. My sons school has gained teachers.

• Like 3

Some people are just drama queens I guess. They'll be planning for the absoloute worse case of everything and probably want others to be ready too. Again, I don't think you are dishonest or anything stupid like that, but again that seems crazy high. If it is right (which it could be I guess) the follow up comment about not extrapolating the data is my response if it is right.

49 minutes ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

Citation needed.

I found some. Its not in line with @Brad2912 theory though..

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-01-13/queensland-teacher-vaccination-rates-high/100750678

"Over 95 per cent of school-based staff have now provided their vaccination status, with more than 98 per cent of those indicating they are already fully vaccinated or will be in the next couple of weeks." - Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk

• Love it! 1

12 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

It’s more to allow time for schools and the edu dept to adequately find a way to fill the 3,000 odd teachers, assistants and admin staff roles that have been lost due to vax mandates. My son’s school has over 30% of the teaching faculty not returning, that’s not even including those in the admin functions, and it’s similar at surrounding schools. It’s also due to the fact those first 2 weeks of school were to be the predicted “peak” in Qld, which is already happening in nsw and vic. 

A vast majority of my family are in pedagogy at various levels from casual to executives and whilst I don't doubt that what you might have heard is false, it doesn't seem realistic. Schools have one of the strongest 'the show must go on' mentalities of any industry I've seen to the point that in the face of disaster they will still chug along at some capacity. Merge classes, throw them all in the hall, floating teachers, etc. The pressure to stay open is immense because schools going down means a lot of disruption for other workers. 

On that though I feel that this can be explained with Occam's razer; they just wanna keep unvaccinated children safe.

• Like 1

Yeah, Qld is 88% single dose right now, and will be well above 90% by the time the academic year starts.

But your comment would suggest that the education sector is specifically more anti vax than the general population and that its only 70% vaccinated, 30% unvaccinated needing replacement.

Righto.

On 12/1/22 at 2:11 PM, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

Look i'm sure most of us will agree with you about the facade not fitting the location or any of the surrounding theming - however, although a recent addition, I think its fair to say that the folks who made that decision are no longer in charge of making those decisions.

Gary Weiss was behind the current facade. As of writing he has a majority stake in Ardent Leisure.

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/01/2022 at 6:47 PM, Retardent said:

Gary Weiss was behind the current facade. As of writing he has a majority stake in Ardent Leisure.

Wasn't the SV project originally a Thomas thing? I think it's slightly unfair to blame current management on that building - though they aren't completely absolved of it either, given that board coup happened during early construction

Edited by Baconjack

6 hours ago, Baconjack said:

Wasn't the SV project originally a Thomas thing? I think it's slightly unfair to blame current management on that building - though they aren't completely absolved of it either, given that board coup happened during early construction

No, that was definitely a Craig Davidson and Gary Weiss idea. Thomas left very quickly after the TRRR incident