DW - first trip after 6 years

Whombex

Cheers for posting that mate. Enjoyed reading the perspective of someone who hasn’t been in a long while. 

Out of curiosity, was there a period of era of Dreamworld you identify with the most? (E.g. Early 2000’s) And based off that, how do you rate Dreamworld today? Was it better or worse?

Hmm, I'll have to get back to you on that @Slick. Right now, what I think I might be fond of/identify with, is a combination of many years of memories from the late 90s through to the early 10s. 

Because I have a pair of rose-coloured glasses to look through, I can say "it was better". People who are only getting to experience DW for the first time now, might in the future say better (or worse).

But, being a member of a forum such as this exposes you to a lot of negatives at the parks (or even just nit-picks) from other peoples' points of view, not your own. But, you bring them with you when you visit, and you may not have even noticed them had you not read about it beforehand.

An example, the re-do of the Ice Cream Shop. Had I of not known that the renovations would change the building from this to this (last pic in that article), I'd really have not noticed due to the time gap between visits.

Something I'll add to my visit report - I was surprised that the "garden" near RHLR, on the way to Corroboree, was fenced off. I thought it was accessible, and to me would have served as a nice place to pause to remember those lost (or affected by the accident) back in 2016.

Edited by Whombex
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Whombex said:

Is it a diesel tug for Perry/Baldwin?

Bang on got it in one mate.

8 hours ago, Slick said:

Cheers for posting that mate. Enjoyed reading the perspective of someone who hasn’t been in a long while. 

Out of curiosity, was there a period of era of Dreamworld you identify with the most? (E.g. Early 2000’s) And based off that, how do you rate Dreamworld today? Was it better or worse?

I know It wasn't directed at me, but I identify most with 2004'ish post-Claw dreamworld. Yes, it had lost some of it's early day 'sparkle' but for me that was peak DW (and i still remember the bus-stop 'adverts'...)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

I know It wasn't directed at me, but I identify most with 2004'ish post-Claw dreamworld. Yes, it had lost some of it's early day 'sparkle' but for me that was peak DW (and i still remember the bus-stop 'adverts'...)

FWIW, thats my time also. I haven't been to DW since probably 2012ish and probably won't attend for a while longer.