Disney in 2022

Hey guys.

With borders open again, I’ve been contemplating travelling to Disney this year. In particular, I was hoping to visit the American parks, but wanted some general input.

With you-know-what still going around and proving to be unpredictable, would planning a trip for this year be a smart move? Or should I wait? 

Also as a side note… has anyone been by them-self to Disney before? And if so… was it worth it? 

I have a friend who has recently come back from a trip stateside. They were cautious but still enjoyed the trip. It's not really for anyone to judge as far as whether its a 'smart move' - you just need to be sure you set your expectations accordingly. 

If your bookings are insured or otherwise assured in case of shutdown or other pandemic related interruption, or you are willing to accept the possibility of those losses should they occur, then go for it - however I think we've seen the last of the broad lockdown unless shit gets real crazy. 

As for Disney by yourself - I haven't done it, but i'm sure its still enjoyable if you've done solo travel before - its a lot easier to do marathon days and push the limits of endurance when you only have to worry about yourself. Being a single rider makes things a bit easier too. I personally feel more enjoyment watching my friends and family experience something for the first time than doing things by myself, but if it works for you - why not?

• Like 4

I solo travel to parks all the time, happy to answer any questions.

It's getting easier and easier. I recommend getting pants/shorts with packets that zip up, that way you can usually carry what you need with you on rides including coasters without too many issues. Now that you can put your credit/debit cards into your phone for contactless payments I can now usually visit a park with just my phone (Any hotel keycard in the case).

• Like 1

As for the travel and something you need to factor in, is if you happen to test positive to Covid on your pre-departure PCR you have to be prepared to isolate for 14 days before you fly home. Obviously this is worst case scenario but a factor none the less.

As for the parks yourself - I’ve done it and it’s great. 

• Like 1

On 14/01/2022 at 2:45 PM, DJKostya said:

It's getting easier and easier. I recommend getting pants/shorts with packets that zip up, that way you can usually carry what you need with you on rides including coasters without too many issues. Now that you can put your credit/debit cards into your phone for contactless payments I can now usually visit a park with just my phone (Any hotel keycard in the case).

Hmm thanks for the advice. I do like that almost everything can be kept on our phones nowadays, so yeah it definitely would help.

On 14/01/2022 at 2:45 PM, DJKostya said:

I solo travel to parks all the time, happy to answer any questions.

16 hours ago, pin142 said:

Yes, multiple times. Don't let travelling solo put you off having a good time.

I think I'd be more than happy to go solo, especially considering the fact that I know no-one IRL who'd be willing to go to Disney for a week (or at least, this year), however I don't want to get there and be met with a reality shock of feeling 'lonely' haha. 

Based on your experience(s) though - did you still meet people and interact during your visit? I was looking at going to Walt Disney World for just under a week (due to its sheer size), but I don't want to feel alone or anything because I can't talk to others. I know that might seem like a strange thing to ask, but I would have no idea where to start when it comes to meeting others at Disney. Are there any potential groups I could maybe join during the trip? 

On 16/01/2022 at 1:07 AM, BringADecentParkToSydney said:

Based on your experience(s) though - did you still meet people and interact during your visit? I was looking at going to Walt Disney World for just under a week (due to its sheer size), but I don't want to feel alone or anything because I can't talk to others. I know that might seem like a strange thing to ask, but I would have no idea where to start when it comes to meeting others at Disney. Are there any potential groups I could maybe join during the trip? 

Most definitely. I always end up talking to lots of different people, especially if your standing in line next to people for periods of time. In the USA I've found that the people are very very friendly and most will talk to you if you approach them.

• Like 1

I did an entire Disney/Universal trip by myself in 2019, 3 weeks solo all for parks in FL and CA. Loved it, get to choose whatever you want to do and your so encapsulated by everything going on I was always having fun, never felt bored or regretted it. 

Im also thinking a trip in October, prices still look insane in comparison to 2019 though, guessing just because of pent up demand and the 50th celebration. 

32 minutes ago, ejpdtd said:

I did an entire Disney/Universal trip by myself in 2019, 3 weeks solo all for parks in FL and CA. Loved it, get to choose whatever you want to do and your so encapsulated by everything going on I was always having fun, never felt bored or regretted it. 

Im also thinking a trip in October, prices still look insane in comparison to 2019 though, guessing just because of pent up demand and the 50th celebration. 

Yeah I was a bit surprised with the prices too, but I suppose the 50th anniversary definitely added to that. September was cheap(er)… but I’m not sure if I want to risk a trip during Hurricane season.

For WDW and Universal Orlando, would you say a week and a half is enough time solo?

(Was thinking 3 days universal, disney for a week).