The Claw nearing completion

mark

Here they are! You'll notice that there is quite a lot of paintjobs going onto, well everything and the pathways are getting this coat of sand (someone clarify what they're doing?) Everything was really looking quite nice, and as for the golf course, it'll definitely be a sort of (pay and win) type attractions, that is, if it really counts as one. Oh, and al photos have had alot of their quality ditched so I can cram 'em down my dial-up connection. (And with a bit of editing)PS: If you would like anymore, please just ask as I have at least 50 or so within the past month, it is just the matter of my rather slow connection

I have to say I'm just not getting what's going on with the whole naming/theming/design/everything of this new ride/area. I was hoping my doubts would be proved wrong but so far they are not... Why is the control room bright sky blue? Why is there a big 2D painted wall with a jungle scene on it? Why is this bizarre theme so close to Ocean Parade and what is going to separate this area from Ocean Parade (they should at least erect themed entry gates to signify the different areas similar to Goldrush Country's entry)? Why are they adding a mini golf course? Why are there various random poles everywhere? Oh yeah and have they started to theme that ugly metallic op booth yet? PS Yes I am still in support of the gyro swing as a new attraction but not sure about the way it is being implemented

I have a faux-brick contractor next door to me - the "spreading of the sand" is a gritty gravel type substance used to "rough up" the surface to allow for grip while walking. As far as the theming, im no expert, but a tropical beach area on a remote island (think Survivor 1) you had beach in one point, and jungle area 10 metres to the side. I think theming like this while not perfect is ok, and kinda fits a theme of some strange exotic animal escaping from the jungle to capture beach-goers on the sand with its huge claw and drag them into the jungle... I think if dreamworld is committed to this theme, the 2d painting behing the claw will be moderately temporary until they can cultivate a real live jungle bush surrounding. I will be there on September 19, so i can't wait to see claw in its full glory..

Can someone verify where the ride will be. In some pictures, it clearly shows the ride on the Nick Central side, close enough to main street, but in some pictures (like Slicks Pics) it shows the ride being next to wipeout. Can someone with the experiance of knowing where the ride will be borrow Dreamworlds map from there site and draw in where it will be because i am completely confused.

The bottom of the two western poles on the Claw now have large claws attached to them, and one of them has a car stuck under it. To an observer, the Claw looks very much like it is a wild animal which has perhaps escaped and is causing havok in the area. The themeing looks superb, it is evident there is a lot of effort and design put into this ride, and while people have been quick to criticise, the ride and themeing wasn't finished. It is like a house, it looks ordinary in the process, its the finished product you can judge, and perhaps understand more. As for operating, there is a maximum of 3 operators, with a minimum of 1, so in off peak times, expect there to be the one person operating. On the plus side, the operating booth is near the queue and the ride so there won't be needless time wasting in between cycles with the operator having to walk long distances.