Sign in to follow this  
Richard

The Claw in action

15 posts in this topic

Check out the Roller-Coaster.com.au Videos section for the first-ever testing footage of The Claw at Dreamworld. The video can be seen here. Photos from today will also be put up later tonight. Unfortunately no actual photos of the ride in motion, because it was a tossup between getting video footage or getting photos, and I think videos are much more interesting for this ride. The ride is amazing to watch in motion. It's the first time a ride's made me say "wow" in a long while. A very impressive ride to watch, and I can't wait to ride it two weeks from now.

Great video Richard. It has me anticipating the opening. I rode La Revolucion last week at Knotts & thoroughly enjoyed it, so if the ride experience is anything like that then I'm looking forward to it :)

I'd say it'll be a much better experience than La Revolucion, which is one of my favourite flat rides. As with any ride a video just doesn't do it much justice. Pulling into Dreamworld today and seeing it in action was the first time I've been excited about this thing. You should find the spin to be fast enough. Any faster and you'll start to detract from the ride. Construction gallery can be seen here.

Stay tuned this Friday (10/09) for the next construction update, which will include further footage, as well as photographs of the ride in motion - from the construction site. Next Friday (17/09) there'll be a review of the ride, as well as further photographs etc. of the "finished product".