Gumbuya World 2 coasters under construction

DaptoFunlandGuy

I'm more concerned with my manhood @Gazza   The control panel is now on the opposite side of the station from what it was at Expo.  Also the train now rolls back and forth before coming to a complete stop where at Expo it was one hard stop.

29 minutes ago, Jobe said:

Yeah ok fair enough!! It is highly improbable and the way I posted it was meant to convey that!! Will follow the story with interest though to see what develops!!

It looks like people are shooting the message and not the messenger.

• Like 1

it’s definitely surprising however, i hope they go the family-thrill route. There current coaster is Kids orientated, and then the only other coaster is BuzzSaw, one of the most intimidating coasters in the country. So a Family-Thrill coaster bridging the gap between the two would work well.

I could see it being a Space Warp Coaster, it would give the park a launch which isn’t too extreme, mixed with airtime, inversions and good forces, it also has a height limit of 120cm, another option could be one of their motorbike launch coasters similar to Booster Bike at Toverland.

Yeah its exciting news but I do not think we should raise expectations.

The most likely outcome here is that it is a Vekoma Suspended Family Coaster , most likely this model.

No description available.

Still exciting and it makes the most logical sense at this time.

The current Mine Coaster fits the bill perfectly for a kiddie/family coaster

This new coaster would be  a great family attraction with mild thrills.

The former Buzzsaw coaster is their headline act for their thrill market.

Not bad for a small regional park in Victoria!!

The other parks will definitely need to sit up and take notice and perhaps plan for a response. 

Good times and shows the growth and reach of the Australian amusement park industry.

Edited by Jobe
  • Like 3

• Gazza changed the title to Gumbuya World 2 coasters under construction
14 hours ago, Jobe said:

Yeah its exciting news but I do not think we should raise expectations.

The most likely outcome here is that it is a Vekoma Suspended Family Coaster , most likely this model.

No description available.

If it is indeed this model, what a perfect choice for Gumbuya World. I've always thought the SFC 450 to be a perfect addition to any of Australia's regional parks. Excellent choice for a park of this size. Now they have a kiddie coaster, a family-thrill, and an extreme coaster. That's a really well-rounded coaster line-up, and will cement Gumbuya as Victoria's #1 themepark. Very excited to see how this turns out.

This is the same model that is rumoured to replace Arkham at Movieworld (along with the duelling family boomerang). I would be pretty annoyed if I was Village, to see a small regional park build it prior to me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Luke said:

That's a really well-rounded coaster line-up, and will cement Gumbuya as Victoria's #1 themepark.

Like it's hard...

2 hours ago, Luke said:

I would be pretty annoyed if I was Village, to see a small regional park build it prior to me.

They've had plenty of time to do something with Arkham. I wouldn't be surprised if they dumped those plans and went with something else out of spite. #AqualoopGate

16 hours ago, Rivals said:

hopefully it is and they decided to go with a Lech Coaster type ride instead🤞🏼

A Bermuda Blitz would be an awesome option!! 

The most obvious and logical would be to put in a version of what was opened last year at Tripsdrills- a new Vekoma Suspended Thrill Coaster to directly replace AA and then couple that underneath with a Vekoma Family Boomerang. This would be an actual winner and would please the public and enthusiasts alike. Its just a no brainer for mine.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Aussie_Coaster_Enthusiast said:

Hey @Luke do you have any footage of the animation by chance. 

Nope. That's not my instagram page, and I haven't been down to the park yet to check out the preview. I'm guessing posting photos and video of what's inside the preview centre is being discouraged by the park, otherwise instagram pages like aussiethemeparker and mittythemeparks would have posted something already.

Edited by Luke

Very exciting! All the Victorian parks have really been stepping up their game in the past few years in terms of theming, expanding and investing in attractions, but nothing quite on this level. It’ll be interesting to see how the other Vic parks respond. 

• rappa locked this topic