Gumbuya World 2 coasters under construction

DaptoFunlandGuy

On 8/7/2022 at 2:57 PM, Noll_57 said:

Very exciting! All the Victorian parks have really been stepping up their game in the past few years in terms of theming, expanding and investing in attractions, but nothing quite on this level. It’ll be interesting to see how the other Vic parks respond. 

Meanwhile in Sydney…

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

LPS just sank $20m into rejuvenating its ride lineup. Not a trivial amount of money, and somewhat comparable to what is being spent up north.

It’s certainly not perfect, it has its flaws, and isn’t complete in terms of presentation but it’s the biggest investment in the sector down here since Wet N Wild was built.

Edited by Baconjack
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, Baconjack said:

LPS just sank $20m into rejuvenating its ride lineup. Not a trivial amount of money, and somewhat comparable to what is being spent up north.

It’s certainly not perfect, it has its flaws, and isn’t complete in terms of presentation but it’s the biggest investment in the sector down here since Wet N Wild was built.

Pretty sure it was $30 million in total.

Definitely not a trivial amount.

The most expensive part was the 2 coasters- one being the prototype first ever single rail launched coaster in the world. You would think that would generate hype anywhere. If it was in Queensland it would have been extensively covered. It will be interesting to see how much coverage the 2 coasters at Gumbuya actually receive. 

Did the preview booth at Gumbuya give any indication of when these attractions will be opened for anyone that has visited?

5 hours ago, Jobe said:

one being the prototype first ever single rail launched coaster in the world. You would think that would generate hype anywhere. If it was in Queensland it would have been extensively covered

I can't wait for people to just forget about it's existence once a 2nd one opens in Europe or the US, as they've done with the 'ICON Seat' on Steel Taipan.

On 30/07/2022 at 9:40 AM, jjuttp said:

Jamberoo and LPS both had new rides going in over the last 2 years?

lol. So much butthurt. 

Yes, luna park's long overdue investment was welcomed - my point was the statement "all the victorian parks" and the fact that you can't really use that phrase in Sydney... 

I've never had any inclination to visit Victoria, and for the first time, the enthusiast in me would rather visit Melbourne than Sydney. 

11 hours ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

Yes, luna park's long overdue investment was welcomed - my point was the statement "all the victorian parks" and the fact that you can't really use that phrase in Sydney... 

Maybe not in Sydney but you really can if you cover all of NSW. NSW has as its major parks Jamberoo Action Park, Raging Waters Water Park and Luna Park Sydney. 

Victoria can include Funfields, Gumbuya World, Adventure Park and Luna Park Melbourne. Its certainly more than NSW but only by one and the existing NSW parks can compare reasonably well to their Melbourne counterparts. NSW certainly needs a new theme/amusement park ala Wonderland and at the moment we are outnumbered but certainly not beaten yet. 

We could also add in the very small NSW parks such as The Big Banana Fun Park ( which is adding to their water park + Australia's first ever Alpine Coaster) and also Merimbula's Magic Mountain ( which has a perfect good coaster credit in the Sapphire Speedster Coaster). Hopefully these parks will continue their consistent investment which could see them one day take a more major role in the Australian amusement park industry.

Outnumbered we may be but we are definitely not outgunned just yet!!

• 1 month later...

I think that the fact that Gumbaya World is building the same coaster as MW is not really going to have a significant impact on the GP. The model looks quality and really fits the Gumbaya World demographic. I am so impressed with how progressive Gumbaya World has been, come a long way from the little Gumbaya Park I used to visit when I lived in Gippsland. 

As for LPS the expansion was definitely not small change and while it has its flaws its a pretty well rounded expansion. 

Personally I am really excited to see the direction of theme parks in Australia over the next two decades, its promising to see so much development outside of the Gold Coast. 

• Like 4
  • Love it! 1

• 2 weeks later...

Credit: benher_signs

Promotional boards look to be being sent to the park, here we can see first concept arts for the two new coasters.

D0609B4B-2FB1-41C8-8460-980AB83EA20D.thumb.jpeg.8055fe2c49ac312e8fcc9f9cd4e8de46.jpeg

My only criticism with these rides is the themes, the rides are next to eachother, but have completely opposite themes that also don’t match the area of the park they are in (unless a new area is opening alongside the new rides) however, besides this they both look like great additions. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • rappa locked this topic