Dreamworld RCT2 recreation

matty_o_911

I noticed that some people were talking about a recreation of dreamworld made in RollerCoaster Tycoon 2 in the forums a couple a years ago. If people were still interested in one, I had made one a few months ago that worked and looked really good (it probably took me 30 or so hours to make), but if anyone is interested in having a look at it, just reply back. I recently got a new computer and am at the moment trying to get the file to work again, since I am missing all the downloaded object files that made the park work on the old computer. But when I get them, I will post some screenshots. Of course due to limitations of the game it is not perfect, especially the giant drop and tower of terror not sharing the same tower. And the cyclone is not there since I was using a map from my last visit a couple of years ago.

Man this is one of the best re-creations i have ever seen in RCT2. Good work. I can see that you are a realy custom scenery type of person. But you do realise that the Giant Drop goes all the way up the tower in real life. Is there any reason that the GD in you creation doesn't? You know that really shows how much the park has changed in the matter of a couple of years.

If I remember correctly, I think that it was as far as I could build it. I think there were limitations on the hight of the drop ride so I couldn't build it any higher, whereas the Tower of terror's limits were higher. Plus I think that in order for the tower of terror to work properly with out it falling of the edge it needed to be that high, but if the giant drop could go higher, it had a very extreme nausea or intensity rating and so no one would go on it. I really can't remember why. I just hope when RCT3 comes out, it is even more customisable, so I can make a MUCH better Dreamworld. And I agree, dreamworld has changed. I haven't been there for a few years now, but at the end of the year, or pretty much next year any time I will go there more often especially if I move towards Brisbane for University.

Okay. I find that if i have the Roto Drop too high, no one goes on it. Anyway, how did you get those screen shots if you have a new computer and you can't acces the file yet? Also make sure you include (if any) all the expansion packs used (Including user created items) into the data folder. Cant wait to see the creation.

I have managed to get some screenshot images that I had saved already on the old computer. But I still can't get it to work on the new one. On the old one I had downloaded heaps of custom scenery and so in order for it to work i need to transfer all the custom scenery to the new one. And I can only do it one at a time because it only says one file that it is missing at a time, so I am back and forth using a floppy disk transferring single 4kb files because I don't have the computers networked.

If you have a CD Burner in the Old system, try copying all the data files used from the old system & paste them into the New Data Folder. You can also upload the park from your old computer (only if you have acces to the internet still) If not disregard this. Alternitavley, you can do it the way your doing it and add a file at a time. That would be the most accurate way of doing it.

I still haven't managed to get the file working because I am now missing a custom scenery file that even the old computer doesn't have (it is tribuene.dat if anyone knows they have it), but I have uploaded the file to a website if people want to try and get it to work. It is about a 300kb zip file. The website is: http://www.geocities.com/mmjjdesign/index.html

Damn. Well I am stuck for ideas. I think that file may just never see the light of day again. It no longer even works on the computer it was created (which I think has been virtually destroyed by viruses, or my brother). I may start creating another one after I finish a heap of assignments this week, or maybe another recreation of a park on the gold coast. Recreations are what I am best at because the design of the park is more realistic then some of my creations which I never get finished because I'm a perfectionist and none of my parks are ever good enough. Movie world is always hard because the main street heads of at a bad angle from the fountain, which makes it EXTREMELY difficult to create due to the square blocks of RCT. Sea World, doesn't have enough rides so I don't usually spend much time on it. As for other theme parks, I have never been to any others so I can't get them as realistic.

Since I can't seem to get Dreamworld working I have decided to start another Gold Coast theme park recreation. I have started doing movie world. This one should be able to be distributed for people to have a look at since it will work on my computer, but seeing as though this is the dreamworld thread, I may start a new one in the movie world boards or in the general discussion ones if people are interested in seeing my progress and so people can give me suggestions of what i have done wrong (keeping in mind the limitations of the game of course.) But in the meantime, here is a screenshot of what I have done.

As for where I get a lot of my custom scenery from mainly park downloads from various websites and when that park loads, it loads all its custom scenery. So from heaps of downloads of parks and the occasional scenery pack from sites like rct2.com (especially their vacation parks), rcttown.com, and heaps of others. Eventually the build up. Some of the custom paths are really good too. If you see in my recent movie world shots below, you'll see i use a lot of one particular path. It is good to because you can separate so that the people walk where you want them to go, but you can't see the divide between the paths as it covers the full square. So out at the front gate where there is a heap of paths, the people will only walk through in a perfect straight line with out venturing off and getting lost and walking in circles because of their really bad AI. Anyway here are some updated screenshots of my new movie world recreation. Any one with suggestions (within the boundaries of the game) as to where to improve would be helpful. These new ones have the batman ride area added in, and part of the fountain at the front. I am trying to get them as realistic as possible by using the pictures on this website of movie world. Also I wanted to know, as I can't remember, what is on the back of the movie world sign? as i have no pictures of what the back looks like.