Mystery Red Sea Container at Dreamworld

Tim Dasco

Interesting seeing rides are not available during their "Evening Eats", I don't blame them for doing it either tbh...

Evening Eats - 8 & 9th April

Join our extended trade evenings with our Street Food Festival outlets open until 8pm on Friday 8th & Saturday 9th April!
Access to our Evening Eats is included with your normal entry ticket or valid Annual Pass, with food & drink items available for purchase.

*Please note: Dreamworld Rides, Attractions & Wildlife are not available during Evening Eats.

Edited by Im Hungry

I dunno, if it was me I’d have my star 30million budget black hole attraction open for something like this to drive gate. 

Surely it’s draw hasn’t fallen off already. 
Or does some foot carts create more spend than their latest attraction?

Seems off to me. One statement said they’d are about innovation. But the same food stall concept of your local market or shopping centre doesn’t speak that to me. Integrating it with a stellar attraction offering would be more innovative right?

• Like 3

It’s a shame there won’t be rides at the night eats, but I hope they’ll have some street entertainment/singers and maybe even some fireworks

I think it’s good they’ve now got an event for every school holidays and providing they mix things up a little at each event or offer something new/different each year then it should have a positive impact on the park for the next few years 

• Like 1

I like the idea of the Food Festival overall and definitely think they have already stepped up their food offering over the last year

I do find the decision not to operate a few rides (ST, Claw, Tailspin and Shockwave at minimum) very surprising during "Evening Eats". I assume they will have some roaming entertainment but will that be enough to keep people at the park?

I like the event overall, seeing the park always introducing new and fresh events every holidays when always improving previous events if they return is definitely a great move for the park, especially since there isn’t a park on the coast that does that.

However, i do wish they had some rides open during the evening eats. Just the rides at the front of the park and around the area would be enough, such as Taipan, Sky Voyager, Claw, Shockwave, Tailspin and even Gold Coaster then have the rest of the park closed off would be a much better move. But who knows, they have in the past made quick improvements based on feedback prior to the event, so this change could be implemented.

1 hour ago, rappa said:

Just not sure what the drawcard is without rides?

What should motivate me to go here to eat food when I could visit say Eat Street or Miami Marketta?

Yeah I'm confused by this too. Looking specifically at the extended trade evenings - it's only two nights from a two week school holiday period, so you'd firstly assume that they're not doing these two nights on to drive gate, right? Otherwise you'd be doing as many nights as possible, opening the rides and making it a big thing.

In which case, if it's not driving gate, it's attempting to capture additional F&B revenue from in-park guests. But they've already been in park the whole day and probably tried the things they wanted to try, so why would they want to stay in the park if they've done the attractions/experiences they've wanted to do and they've already tried the food?

Realistically then, are they trying to market to local passholders to go out of their way to come in for those two nights? And if so, why would passholders make that trip if the rides are closed? I'd say that the novelty and really the load-bearing assumption of why this would be successful is precisely because it's in a functioning theme park. If you take the functioning element away (which also subtracts wildly from the atmosphere and in turn, the experience as a whole), I think you lose the reason why passholders would go out of their to make the trip for those two nights.

At which point, I have to wonder - who are the two nights for? Interstate tourists staying at the Coomera Motor Inn who don't want to walk to Coomera Westfield for dinner?

Critical thought regarding the two nights aside - the creative is nice and fresh and I can't argue I'd be doing much different if I was in Ardent's C-Suite from the goal mindset of "creating a value-add for each holiday period to get passholders in the door."

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Evening Eats - 8 & 9th April

Join our extended trade evenings with our Street Food Festival outlets open until 8pm on Friday 8th & Saturday 9th April!

Street Food Outlets, Live Msic & Entertainment 5pm - 8pm

Evening Eats entry $5 Adult, $3 Child/Discount, or FREE for Annual Passholders & guests already in-park

Evening eats info updated, Live Music & Entertainment as expected. They are now advertising you can enter the park for $5 Adults and $3 Child/Discount.