Mystery Red Sea Container at Dreamworld

Tim Dasco

7 minutes ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

I know a lot of people in several states that didn't realise the QLD and NSW holiday dates differedt.

Who are these people?

24 minutes ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

It's not outside the realm of possibility that they also didn't realise it.

Staggered school holidays have been going on forever.  (Probably from the time of the dinosaurs)

It's not outside the possibility the street food venders where already booked for next week subject to this week going well.   The word on the street is the hotels didn’t start booking out until last week.  

Admittedly, several of them didn't have kids, but I know pre-having kids I always checked holiday dates before booking to ensure I avoided those peaks - apparently some people don't.

3 hours ago, New display name said:

Staggered school holidays have been going on forever.

According to this government website The Easter school holiday break for 2021 spanned the following:

Friday 2 April - Sunday 18 April: ACT, NSW, QLD, TAS, VIC, WA
(TAS Finishes 1 day earlier, returns 2 days later)

Saturday 10 April - Sunday 18 April: NT

Saturday 10 April - Monday 26 April: SA

Literally zero staggering down the entire Eastern states and territories. So it isn't THAT unusual.

34 minutes ago, New display name said:

100% unusual.

So, just to be clear, we're categorically and emphatically ruling out that Dreamworld (from the people who brought you 'in the coming weeks' and 'chain link fence-gate') didn't realise NSW had an extra week of holidays, on the basis of 'it's always been done like that' despite evidence less than a year old that proves it absolutely hasn't always been done like that? 

No chance. Nada. Not possible?

(Also, just to add further to the doubt here, Dreamworld | Plan Your Day (archive.org) shows that on the 16th of March, the Dreamworld Website had WWW closed from 19th April (end of QLD holidays), and it now shows WWW open until 24 April Dreamworld | Plan Your Day)

how else do you explain that if you claim they knew about it all along?

If you go back further, Dreamworld | Plan Your Day (archive.org) on February 26th didn't even have hours published beyond 18th April - so the decision to close WWW on April 19th was made after February 26th and before 16th March, and then somewhere in the past month they reversed that to include the NSW holidays.

4 hours ago, New display name said:

Nobody is clamming anything, unless you are @DaptoFunlandGuy?

I'm giving reasons why it could have been extended.   Nothing more.

I'll spare everybody the numerous quotes, suffice to say its all there to see in the thread.

So - just to repeat:

• A Claim that the park forgot
  • Your reply the park has had holidays before (Implied: "they know what they are doing")
  • Counter-Reply "other people didn't know, isn't it possible the park didn't either?"
  • Your reply "who are these people, this has been this way forever!" 
  • Hey look! Last year was the same dates - its at least plausible some people would think this right?
  • Your reply "Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain! The great Oz has spoken!!!

16 minutes ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

suffice to say its all there to see in the thread.

OK, I wouldn't have bothered except for this line, but I've reread the whole conversation, and @New display name "won" the discussion with the very sensible comment [quote]It's not outside the possibility the street food venders where already booked for next week subject to this week going wellIt's not outside the possibility the street food venders where already booked for next week subject to this week going well.   The word on the street is the hotels didn’t start booking out until last week.[/quote].

After that, @DaptoFunlandGuy is kind of talking to himself. At the end of the day, it's all speculation anyway, and the weird dedication to one line of speculation is just bizarre when there are other lines that seem more plausible. Unless there's something else to be shared with the class?

You may all be in peace now, the great Joz has spoken 🙂

Also unrelated to talking about the conversation, I think if they forgot interstate holidays were a thing, they should take all the money they made from selling Main Event, buy a tank and a half worth of petrol, and just burn the place down. Somehow I just find it really unlikely that they would be that incompetent.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, joz said:

Also unrelated to talking about the conversation, I think if they forgot interstate holidays were a thing, they should take all the money they made from selling Main Event, buy a tank and a half worth of petrol, and just burn the place down. Somehow I just find it really unlikely that they would be that incompetent.

As somebody who is travelling interstate, I would find it really bizarre that they'd forget, but it also was one of the reasons for not visiting on the last week on NSW school holidays because WWW would be closed and Street Feast would have ended.

It might be a nice little surprise as a marketing push to extend it and keep it in the limelight for locals, but I can't see the benefit for interstate travelers when you're saying "We aren't doing anything for you" one week, and then they turn around the next and go "Ha ha! We actually are! Please replan your holidays!"

Edited by Dom
word

18 minutes ago, Dom said:

I can't see the benefit for interstate travelers when you're saying "We aren't doing anything for you" one week, and then they turn around the next and go "Ha ha! We actually are! Please replan your holidays!"

Yet everyone still insists that all their changed trading hours and event nights were part of the grand plan, and no 'whoopses' could possibly have occurred.

19 minutes ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

Yet everyone still insists that all their changed trading hours and event nights were part of the grand plan, and no 'whoopses' could possibly have occurred.

'a whoopses didn’t occurred”.  Can you point out where I said this?

giphy.gif.1ad519d190e77239e7c2b2080236aa6b.gif

Locals have been keeping the parks going not intestate travellers.   Is it possible with QLD kids returning to school next week DW thought there wouldn't be enough intestate travellers to make it viable to keep the event going or running normal hours?

@DaptoFunlandGuyI still don't know why you are taking about this because @jozhas spoken.

Edited by New display name

6 minutes ago, New display name said:

Is it possible with QLD kids returning to school next week DW thought there wouldn't be enough intestate travellers to make it viable to keep the event going or running normal hours?

Yes. it is possible.

Is it possible they just didn't know NSW was a week later?

On 11/04/2022 at 6:35 PM, New display name said:

This isn't DW's first go at school holidays.

On 12/04/2022 at 8:47 AM, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

It's not outside the realm of possibility that they also didn't realise it.

On 12/04/2022 at 9:17 AM, New display name said:

Staggered school holidays have been going on forever.  (Probably from the time of the dinosaurs)

20 hours ago, joz said:

Staggered holidays have been the norm for years

19 hours ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

So, just to be clear, we're categorically and emphatically ruling out that Dreamworld didn't realise NSW had an extra week of holidays, on the basis of 'it's always been done like that' despite evidence less than a year old that proves it absolutely hasn't always been done like that? 

No chance. Nada. Not possible?

I even asked

19 hours ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

how else do you explain that if you claim they knew about it all along?

Which in hindsight I can see you sort of mentioned at the top

On 12/04/2022 at 9:17 AM, New display name said:

It's not outside the possibility the street food venders where already booked for next week subject to this week going well. 

But it didn't directly challenge the school holiday issue (and I didn't understand your meaning) until 

11 minutes ago, New display name said:

Is it possible with QLD kids returning to school next week DW thought there wouldn't be enough intestate travellers to make it viable to keep the event going or running normal hours?

THIS does make sense to me. I understand YOUR position now. It also addresses Dom's point

47 minutes ago, Dom said:

I can't see the benefit for interstate travelers

if that was their intention.

Yeah, Joz will probably yeet this, but hopefully i've explained where I was coming from - I can absolutely see the possibility you're referring to (now that I understand it) I just felt - by saying staggered holidays were forever - that you were ruling out the alternative presented by me and whoever started all this.

Alls well that ends well, in any case.

(And this is why I should have just used the quotes.)

15 minutes ago, New display name said:

@DaptoFunlandGuyI still don't know why you are taking about this because @jozhas spoken.

He's a Mod, not God. If we let him decide the winner in every and any discussion, you're not gonna be happy either. I'm sure, in a respectful debate, they're fine if things resolve on their own. Devolving into a dumpsterfyre from which there is no return is where they're needed.

• 1 month later...
21 minutes ago, themagician said:

The event doesn’t seem to be directly run by the park, but is under the name Moonlight Night Market 

http://moonlightnightmarket.com.au/

The domain is registered to Ardent Leisure so it is run by the park as such. Makes sense to establish a seperate brand in my opinion since no rides/attractions are operating.

1BED7BBA-0BEF-4868-A931-432CCBF8D741.thumb.png.b880082bd11b1be3fb3949d602373c24.png