Ride Removal List

T-bone

Shortly after that park closed Merry-Go-Round and Baby Bumpers were dismantled and shipped to Malaysia. Merry was done almost straight away and Baby a couple of weeks after that. If anyone here goes to Malaysia DO NOT RIDE what was Dragons. The reason it was closed at Wonderland was because a major crack was discovered in steel of centre tower. The centre column was laying out the back of the Maintenance sheds from the time it was closed so I got to have a good look at it. The crack was about 20-30 cm long and from what I was told by maintenance personnel went all the way through the ride. It was found during an inspection and on further investigation (I think they had it x-rayed) showed how bad it was. As far as I know this is what they are using or are going to use in Malaysia. To fix it would mean replacing it, why would they bother it would be just as cheap to buy a new one. These two photos show what happened to Dragon and Taz. These were taken in the last few days of the parks operation and were taken in the back area of the park next to the maintenance sheds. Dragons.jpg - Shipping container with the majority of the internal ride structure, no including the main upright. Taz.jpg - The entire ride was sitting on the grass from the time it was closed. On the left of the photo there is a green tarp behind the blue tarp, under that is the centre of the ride. "The Bus is now leaving for Fixby, Queensland"

I have always been interested how this very unique (ive never seen another one) ride that was Taz operated. Has anyone got any pics of how that central hub worked or anything like that? More interested in how they managed to transfer all the hydralics and electrical connections (well I know these were on rings with brushes) with the hub rotating. Always a ride that facinated me :-p