Waterslides a no-go?

Slick

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But where Seaworld has one (excluding the helicopters and animal adventures which are also available at DW), Dreamworld has several upcharge attractions. The waterpark was never the most popular area at Seaworld, because most people didn't want to have to get changed into their togs and then back out of them again. I really don't think it's made much difference to the park or to people's experience. Also whitsy, I may be a political nerd but I loved reading about the election. I'm sure there were others.

Edited by cerberus584

I don’t get that if dream has a up-charge attraction, you ****ing bitch and moan, but when it’s someone else you don’t give a rat ass.
My position that I have always held is that I don't have a problem with upcharges per se, but what I do have a problem with is DWs strategy of using them as a substitute for proper rides and attractions being added on a consistent basis. SW may have an upcharges, but at the same time they have just opened a new roller coaster, and a new animal exhibit, so there is a fair bit more you can do without paying extra.
In case if a lot of youse didn’t know, the water park in now not free as it was previously.
Actually, it has been known for over 3 months on this website: http://www.parkz.com.au/forums/index.php?showtopic=4477 PS, 'youse' isn't a real word.

My position that I have always held is that I don't have a problem with upcharges per se, but what I do have a problem with is DWs strategy of using them as a substitute for proper rides and attractions being added on a consistent basis. SW may have an upcharges, but at the same time they have just opened a new roller coaster, and a new animal exhibit, so there is a fair bit more you can do without paying extra. Actually, it has been known for over 3 months on this website: http://www.parkz.com.au/forums/index.php?showtopic=4477 PS, 'youse' isn't a real word.
Sure there open a new coaster, and when was the last ride was built? Back in 2000 or even later. And no animal attractions are not rides. dreamworld makes a better effort with rides then they do.

And no animal attractions are not rides.
Yeah, but an animal exhibit is still something to do, and very much something people would expect coming to a place called Sea World.
and when was the last ride was built? Back in 2000 or even later.
I think you'll find that the second most recent ride at Sea World was in 2006 (The Sea World Eye)

You can't really classify the Sea World Eye as a recent ride, as it was also RECENTLY removed so it was pretty much in the same boat as the Mummy etc. I agree with Whitsy, where is the usual bitch and moan about being charged extra to use something in the park and the usual thread that follows about how the park is going down the toilet etc. Now I think i'd be right in saying that most people here thoroughly dislike Dreamworld and are in love with the WVTP's. So i say that it is rather biased of you all to be saying that this is no big deal for the park. And yes, Seaworld is an animal park so rides aren't really a big deal but you would think that being a park thats based on water animals, that a water park might be included in the price. So i think it's stupid for Seaworld to be charging for the water park seeing as it only has about 4 or 5 slides. And before you start telling me that "if i don't like it, then don't pay", maybe you should be saying the same to yourselves about the upcharge attractions at Dreamworld. If you don't like them, then don't use them. Just because they're there doesnt mean you need to use them. - Out

Im leaning towards Whisty side here. :) I found sea world boring when i went there in 2004. :mellow: (might of changed since then) I know the rollercoaster just opened. I was looking for things to do. I expected lots of rides with a few animals scatted accros the park. but eventuly i just rode the corkscrew 6 times. Even if Dreamworld might be using the statagy Gazza was saying i still think, because of the rides and quality of the rides and themeing, dreamworld is better. Who cares if there are upcharge attractions. Just dont go/pay for them. It is better than have more non-upcharge attraction and then the ammision price going up!

Yeah, but an animal exhibit is still something to do, and very much something people would expect coming to a place called Sea World.
I still found looking at animals for 4 hours was getting boring. And with not many rides in the park...
So i think it's stupid for Seaworld to be charging for the water park seeing as it only has about 4 or 5 slides.
dreamworld makes a better effort with rides then they do.
Agreed!, Wondercam Edited by wondercam

^Yeah most of us did kick up a stink about WVTP introducing the charge at SW. It is unfair to say that most members only dislike upcharge attractions when they go to Dreamworld.

dreamworld makes a better effort with rides then they do.
That is probably untrue but if you are making that statement in relation to quantity of rides, then yes you are right. The only difference is that SW is a marine park which in general only consist of a small amount of rides and a vast majority shows, exhibits and attractions. DW on the other hand is a dry amusement park which are usually entirely centered around rides with a small margin of shows and exhibits.

Take sea world in the US, has a good mix of ride’s and animal attraction . Plus a whale!
OK, lets compare the rides between our Sea World, and SeaWorld San Diego Sea World -Sesame St Beach -Corkscrew -Jet Rescue -Vikings Revenge -Bermuda Triangle -Pirate Ship -Monorail -Train -Skyway -Planet SOS 4d -Water Park (Upcharge) SeaWorld San Diego -Sesame St Bay of Play -Journey to Atlantis -Shipwreck Rapids -Wild Arctic -RL Stines Lighthouse 4d -Skyride (Upcharge) -Observation Tower (Upcharge) Our Sea World has more rides than San Diego. SeaWorld in Orlando has: -Kraken -Manta (Under Construction) -Shamu Express Coaster -Journey to Atlantis -Shamu's Happy Harbour -Wild Arctic -Sky Tower (Upcharge) -Paddle Boats (Upcharge) Granted, SeaWorld Orlando does have more impressive rides, but at the same time they get 5.8 Mil guests per year (so more than quadruple Sea World's attendance) , and are competing with Disney and Universal, so naturally the stakes are higher.

But the point of the park isn't to be a ride-fillled coaster-laden one... it does what it sets out to do very well. While some things are dated (that area with the little aquariums for instance) it has a great selection of animals to check out. Should you not be into doing that, then you're likely going to have a SuperPass anyway so you can then go to another park or back into Surfers or Pacific Fair or whatever.

What do you expect though? They're operating off a smaller budget. And now with Jet Rescue there, the lineup of rides is great anyway - it takes MANY rides on that in a single day to start to get temporarily sick of it. It's forceful and you get tossed around like a rag doll. The short length allows you to hop right back in line and do it over again. Then you can hop between that, the Corkscrew etc if you like. Soon as the Corkscrew reopens I know I'll be putting in another solid full day at Sea World! (and its water park) thanks to having the 3 Park Mega Pass.

-Sesame St Beach: A really solid kid's zone. If I was little or had children, I'd see that place as fantastic -Corkscrew: Short lines, fun if minimal layout, VERY smooth given the ride's ageing. Classic feel. -Jet Rescue Forceful, short queues, two launches, nice ragdoll experience thank to minimal restraint -Vikings Revenge An ok way to cool off if you don't want to do the water park. Does need splashdown improved -Bermuda Triangle Great theming, pretty unique ride, might be missing a few FX now but it's still great -Pirate Ship Universal appeal for whole family, little kids&up can ride without it being too scary or tame -Planet SOS 4d Great way to escape the heat, educational, ties in with values of park, fun, broad appeal -Water Park If you have an annual pass, it's free. But even so, $5 isn't TOO bad. And it cools you off... Pretty decent for a park that's all about conservation. What would you do with the kind of budgets available here and the minimal space?

Edited by Gold Coaster

-Sesame St Beach -Corkscrew -Jet Rescue -Vikings Revenge -Bermuda Triangle -Pirate Ship -Planet SOS 4d -Water Park (Upcharge) Which is not many, the rest is just transportation.
Yeah but neither is the amount at SW San Diego
SeaWorld San Diego -Sesame St Bay of Play -Journey to Atlantis -Shipwreck Rapids -Wild Arctic -RL Stines Lighthouse 4d -Skyride (Upcharge) -Observation Tower (Upcharge)
Compare the two it is pretty even.
1. Take sea world in the US, has a good mix of ride’s and animal attraction . Plus a whale!
So does SW Australia, again look at the lists above. Re the whale issue, it has been discussed over and over; bottom line Sw Australia will probably never get whales.

-Water Park If you have an annual pass, it's free. But even so, $5 isn't TOO bad. And it cools you off...
Yeah, 5 dollars isn't much, but for a family of 4, thats 20 bucks for really only a cool down, as lets face it, the Water-park is only really good enough for a quick cool down, you wouldn't want to spend too much time in there. Anyway, Sea World is an alright park, overpriced, but it's an alright park.