Waterslides a no-go?

Slick

Looking through the Sea World Nara Resort website for holiday ideas, and came across this bit of shocking information: ATTRACTION MAINTENANCE The Toboggan Slide, Speed Slide and Freefall Slide in the Sea World Waterpark are closed indefinitely to make way for a fantastic new attraction. The swimming pool areas, mini slide and water fountains continue to operate as per normal. The Skyway will be closed from 30 August - 13 September 2004 for annual maintenance. Sea World apologises for any inconvenience. URL:http://www.seaworld.com.au/visitor_info/la...m?archived=0#58

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have talked so much about the possiblity of getting rid of that waterpark and I guess there is a possibility that it is actually happening. Either that or hopefully a major upgrade/refurb. The slide tower is going to closed indefinitely? I assume that means it's not coming back. It looks like a relic from the late 1970's so good riddance I say

We have discussed the idea of getting rid of that waterpark quite a bit before and I guess there is a possibility that it is actually happening. Either that or hopefully a major upgrade/refurb. The slide tower is going to closed indefinitely? I assume that means it's not coming back. It looks like a relic from the late 1970's so good riddance I say

We have discussed the idea of getting rid of that waterpark quite a bit before and I guess there is a possibility that it is actually happening. Either that or hopefully a major upgrade/refurb. The slide tower is going to be closed indefinitely? I assume that means it's not coming back. It looks like a relic from the late 1970's so good riddance I say

^For sure, if you look at some aerial shots of SW, the Waterpark actually takes up a huge space so there's plenty of room there for new rides including a decent sized coaster if desired. the SW WaterPark is usually closed thru winter anyways + WnW is really the place to go for that kinda thing. It seems strange to me that at this stage they're only doing away with the tower & keeping the pools & 2 slides down the back? Incidently, those two slides used to be directly behind the castle, where you enter the queue for the 3-D. I really hope they do go ahead with a new ride for the site & if I know John Menzie's Manager buddys better, I expect it would be Adventurous and fully themed - not just some out of the box midway

• 4 years later...

In case if a lot of youse didn’t know, the water park in now not free as it was previously. Sea World’s water park goer’s will be slugged a $5 dollar fee for sea world’s single day park goers but however if u from nara resort or a annual pass holder, it will continue to be free

Yes. I only read of this yesterday and I'm not impressed :o Just bracing myself to take the Grand kids there next school hols and not too sure now. What next ? Will they 'do a RyanAir' and start charging to use the toilet facilities ?? One reason it is so pleasureable to go to these large, well organised parks is that you know that you DON'T have to fork out, apart from your entry fees, to enjoy ALL facilities if you wish to. Very, very disappointing and I feel rather sneaky. :angry: