What was more fun, Amazons or Wet n WIld

brady

I think that Amazons was funner because it was actually in Brisbane. I know the rides are better at Wet n Wild however Amazons had a far better atmosphere. Additionally the whole layout was excellent and it had far more places you could screw around. At Wet n Wild everything is so bland and it is easier to get in trouble. You cant stop on the rides as well like you could at Amazons and clog up the water slide traffic. I have had more fun at Amazon overall.

What was Amazon's?!Oh,well you live in Canberra. I live in Middle Park in Brisy,so It was just 5 mins to get there.I clearly remember the day my sister,father and I were driving up the the entrance to find it closed,never to open again. Amazons was smaller,but it had two thrill slides compared to Wet 'n' Wil,which has but one,and it had about as many water slides as Terror Canyon,well,from what I can remember anyway. Once when it had closed,I was at the Jindalee skate park,and we snuck in through the fence.The place looked pretty weird without any water.

It was a great park in its era. Amazons was extremely common for birthday parties and things like that. The whole Amazon jungle atmosphere really worked and the slides were extremely fun as well. Im sure you will find pictures at google image from typing amazons water park or something similar. It was not better than Wet n Wild, the rides were not as numerous and advanced as Wet n Wild however I thinks that they were more fun. For me its a dead tie. It also closed some time in 2002.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I never got to go to Amazons which is still a sore point for me but I remember it had a waterslide with a dropoff where there is a drop between the end of the slide and the water.. Also it had a flying fox over the water didnt it?? These looked kind of fun and still WnW or other parks dont have them.. Any comments from people who have been on these? Please tell me what they were like Thanks

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey I remember seeing an advertisment for Amazons on the T.V years ago. I always wanted to go to it but I never got to. I also remember some kind of ride that just dropped you off into the water and when I saw that I was like "Oh wow that looks wicked!". I would like to see some pictures of it too. I'll try Google and see what I can find.