The Decline Of Movie World

Noll_57

On 4/5/2022 at 2:08 PM, joz said:

I'd already given you the information you asked for.

If you could zip up your pants and stop yelling 'mines bigger!' for just a second and bring it back to the content at hand, then you'd realise that I acknowledged your information and opinions, provided my thoughts on the matter, and respectfully and apologetically declined them. That's not flat out refusing to let it in, that's refuting, you would normally do in a discussion where the intention is more than just flattering egos.

So I implore you to drop the ad hominem argument, and instead actually read through and discuss what I wrote in response to you, because the only irony in this thread is a story in two parts:

On 4/5/2022 at 2:08 PM, joz said:

You just flat out refused to let it in. I can't be bothered wasting my time with you when the first sentence in your former post confirms you were never really engaged in a discussion.

On 4/5/2022 at 12:42 PM, joz said:

Stopped reading right there.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, New display name said:

Why did you include this photo when clearly your other post show the work that is going with this?

While they were doing work there, having the planters plus all of the concrete in the front of the shop covered with white dust was not a great look. It's not a sign of long term decline like the other photos, but I felt that it represented the current attitude towards the park currently from VRTP. 5 Mins with a hose would have cleaned it all up. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, New display name said:

Why did you include this photo when clearly your other post show the work that is going with this?

I had that thought, but regardless of the work going on, if they're not going to hoard the building while they do it, they should ensure it's "show ready" before they open. A few minutes with a hose is all this needed when it was fresh.

2 minutes ago, Boyden Hingston-Muir said:

5 Mins with a hose would have cleaned it all up. 

Jinx!

51 minutes ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

I had that thought, but regardless of the work going on, if they're not going to hoard the building while they do it, they should ensure it's "show ready" before they open. A few minutes with a hose is all this needed when it was fresh.

Jinx!

Is that the tradesman fault for not cleaning up after themselves?

11 minutes ago, New display name said:

Tradies make mess; it's the law.

But if one cut a hole in your wall and you were having guests around for dinner that night, you'd think it'd make sense to at least clean up the mess before they arrive as curtesy. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, New display name said:

In the first instance, yes.

I would expect that the park should have appropriate presentation stipulations in their work contracts.

I would also expect that relevant park staff would check and confirm this was done according to those presentation standards each day before opening. its a minor attention to detail, and its a couple minutes to fix if its fresh. 

And before anyone jumps in that this isn't disney or they don't have the time to spend running around after tradespeople, etc - Wonderland, supervisors would walk the park prior to gates open. On at least two occasions I can recall gates being held because a contractor vehicle was still on stage. Particular attention was paid to any areas that had specifically had work done overnight to make sure doors were shut\locked, no hazards were present and everything was looking as it should.

• Like 1

Aren't the garden beds about to get rendered too?

If the garden beds are to remain a brick face, I think the tradesman would have covered them up.(you would think) 

I don't know how people think you can hose off dry cement & sand in 5 mins?  You would need to wash it with acid wash to get it off.

36 minutes ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

Are they rendering the plants too?

You see.... the trick is..... You gotta wash it off before it has a chance to dry.

So you want MW to man the post, with a hose in case a tradie drops some render on a plant.👍

What's wrong with acid washing plants.💁‍♂️

Hang on, are they plants or weeds?  In any case maybe the weeds/plants are also being replaced.

Edited by New display name

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, themagician said:

The store has been painted 

DD57447D-41DA-4A48-A5D4-812FF3C61A3C.thumb.jpeg.191f90f5af2d81f1f91f047e75099fdb.jpeg

Also, I’d like to commend the park for seeing to some of the things raised in this discussion. The park was looking much better today. As an example the Rivals banner has been replaced 

2F631CC1-B8AA-40CE-80AE-147125A81FC3.thumb.jpeg.26ee392a1c85fb3c618db4b56b279f5d.jpeg

But also, gardens were looking much tidier. The damaged statues in Doomsday were repaired, it appears they started to replace the billboards in the area too. The Killer Croc water is turned off so it doesn’t flood the area. The damaged license plate was also removed. Some shade sails throughout the park also appeared to be new as well. There is still plenty to do throughout the park, but seeing these changes today is very promising. Well done to the parks team.

Good to see both sides of the highway making good use of these forums to leverage their fan’s insights to improve their parks. 🍻

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, themagician said:

Also, I’d like to commend the park for seeing to some of the things raised in this discussion. The park was looking much better today. As an example the Rivals banner has been replaced 

2F631CC1-B8AA-40CE-80AE-147125A81FC3.thumb.jpeg.26ee392a1c85fb3c618db4b56b279f5d.jpeg

a repaint, updates to the signage, and most likely tidying up the queue during its maintenance they really are trying to make it look just like it did when it opened and im so glad the parks improving some issues. Let’s hope the rides running like it was when it first opened🤞🏼