The Decline Of Movie World

Noll_57

5 hours ago, themagician said:

The store has been painted 

Also, I’d like to commend the park for seeing to some of the things raised in this discussion. The park was looking much better today. As an example the Rivals banner has been replaced 

But also, gardens were looking much tidier. The damaged statues in Doomsday were repaired, it appears they started to replace the billboards in the area too. The Killer Croc water is turned off so it doesn’t flood the area. The damaged license plate was also removed. Some shade sails throughout the park also appeared to be new as well. There is still plenty to do throughout the park, but seeing these changes today is very promising. Well done to the parks team.

it's like someone is reading the comments in this very thread and attending to them 😏

On 04/06/2022 at 8:09 PM, themagician said:

Also, I’d like to commend the park for seeing to some of the things raised in this discussion. The park was looking much better today. As an example the Rivals banner has been replaced 

2F631CC1-B8AA-40CE-80AE-147125A81FC3.thumb.jpeg.26ee392a1c85fb3c618db4b56b279f5d.jpeg

This bridge dates back to the days of BA:TRide when only one attraction lay down this pathway. Now with FOUR attraction queue entrances behind this bridge, it's a bit disappointing they've just put up a new copy of the same old banner. When Rivals was brand new, sure - but this used to have BA:TR and Batwing sharing the banner, and I feel like this could also mislead first time guests that that path was only for Rivals and not for the other attractions.

I would have loved if they'd taken this opportunity to identify each attraction - maybe even a 'highway road sign type design...

image.thumb.png.4cd485ec1ccfdb5541c1590068884b2c.png

Just a suggestion...

On 04/06/2022 at 8:26 PM, Slick said:

Good to see both sides of the highway making good use of these forums to leverage their fan’s insights to improve their parks. 🍻

It's very clear that they pay attention to many online sources of fan feedback including facebook and youtube too, but I feel like the trickle-down methods on how this translates to outcomes are a bit different. 

I get the impression (and this is just my perception of how it happens) that someone senior in Dreamworld might see something, pick up the phone and call 'the guy' whose job it is to resolve the issue and say 'let's try and fix this up today'. On the flip side, I think at Village, this sort of feedback or issue gets highlighted by the guest relations\social media team, etc, which gets emailed to a department head as an item (probably one of many) and added to a hitlist, and then its up to the department heads to pick what they want to prioritise (which may prioritise show, or it may prioritise efficiency). 

There are pros and cons to both methods so please don't misunderstand my perception as a criticism - the 'Village' method (as I see it) ensures things are documented, addressed, and prioritised, without jeopardising the completion of an existing job by diverting work to another. On the other hand (the more recent) Dreamworld method (as I see it) gives that 'quick win' satisfaction of knocking small irritants on the head quickly before they're buried by other priorities.

• Like 1

On 04/06/2022 at 8:26 PM, Slick said:

Good to see both sides of the highway making good use of these forums to leverage their fan’s insights to improve their parks. 🍻

If that's the case.

MW here is number for Jim's Mowing 131 543.  My gardens once looked like your gardens, until I called the Jim.

• 3 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, aaronm said:

When did backwards seating on Rivals jump to $30? Takes it from something we’d do every visit to maybe once a year, quite a steep increase.

must’ve jumped up after the maintenance period, it was $20 prior to it closing from what i remember. 

it’s now $20 more expensive compared to when the ride first opened. let’s hope tail-whip doesn’t face the same fate.

4 hours ago, franky said:

Rivals was $20 last holidays, Tailwhip was $25. Prices will stay / go up so long as people keep paying.

on an average day i’d say about 50% of the cycles consisted of the backwards seats being empty, that was when it was $20. If they’re going to charge $30 they should at-least include on-ride photos, or put the camera back on and include a video of their ride experience. $30 is crazy expensive for what it is. 

Edited by Rivals
  • Like 2

Isnt this a case of ‘don’t like the price, don’t do it and move on with life’?

I’d love to have a $1,500 dinner at Vue De Monde once a month, but I can’t afford that so I don’t. Doesn’t mean they cut the price if not fully booked though. 

1 minute ago, rappa said:

I’d love to have a $1,500 dinner at Vue De Monde once a month, but I can’t afford that so I don’t. Doesn’t mean they cut the price if not fully booked though. 

Fair enough, but if that dinner had cost $500 just a few years ago it would be reasonable to comment on the increase and suggest the restaurant was getting greedy.

5 hours ago, rappa said:

Supply and demand…

A lettuce is $427 right now

But a supply and demand increase isn’t a credible pricing policy if half of the dispatches are going out with those seats filled. 

the best way to sell those seats, is from positive word of mouth. If less people are riding because you’ve upped the price, that’s less people to talk it up. If as a rider I’m seeing the backwards line empty or short, I’m also questioning whether the experience is worth the coin if people are not paying to do it. 

it’s a viscous cycle that isn’t benefitting the park imo… 

On 25/06/2022 at 6:24 PM, rappa said:

Isnt this a case of ‘don’t like the price, don’t do it and move on with life’?

Yeah you're looking at this wrong. 

You're comparing something that requires constant skill, training, effort and ongoing commitment to excellence, to something that cost the same as it did when it was new, and costs no more to maintain than the rest of the available product, which is free.

On 25/06/2022 at 6:33 PM, rappa said:

Supply and demand…

A lettuce is $427 right now

And yes, because there are less lettuces, and the demand hasn't changed. When Supply is lower than normal, its reasonable for the price to go up to manage demand.

But in this case, supply is stable. Demand is reducing because of the increased price, and by all accounts it isn't selling.

Disney put their AP pricing up, and up, and up again, and people kept paying it. no matter what the price, people paid it, so the increased price didn't reduce the demand, and the park stayed full, but the increased price let them invest in things like technology to improve the guest experience while they waited.

If MW were offering an improvement to the experience for the increased cost, it would be understandable, but since the seats are empty half the time - do you want $30 a seat half the time, or $20 a seat all the time? I know which one makes me more money...