The Decline Of Movie World

Noll_57

it’s great to here the park is starting to make little improvements here and there such as characters and ride operations which do overall help the experience a lot more then you’d think. 

was DC running any better today compared to how it was prior to its maintenance period / was it any smoother? great to hear you guys had a good day.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Rivals said:

it’s great to here the park is starting to make little improvements here and there such as characters and ride operations which do overall help the experience a lot more then you’d think. 

was DC running any better today compared to how it was prior to its maintenance period / was it any smoother? great to hear you guys had a good day.

I felt it was a little smoother, but not a dramatic improvement. It was good to see all of the seats in action though.

39 minutes ago, Rivals said:

on MovieWorld’s instagram stories, it looks like they’ve added a stage around the base of the tree that’s located in the centre of the Kid’s WB area.

F7CD8624-5E08-4CB4-8E98-EC682DF28A3F.png

i cant tell if this is an improvement or an eyesore tbh

The idea is great IMO but that red color is just an eyesore TBH. A maroon color if they wanted to stick to the red would have been nicer or something that looks a bit more natural

2 hours ago, Rivals said:

on MovieWorld’s instagram stories, it looks like they’ve added a stage around the base of the tree that’s located in the centre of the Kid’s WB area.

F7CD8624-5E08-4CB4-8E98-EC682DF28A3F.png

i cant tell if this is an improvement or an eyesore tbh

Massive eyesore. The kids area is getting sadder by the day 

22 minutes ago, GoGoBoy said:

Massive eyesore. The kids area is getting sadder by the day 

i think the concept of having a meet n great stage was an improvement but my god the execution is god awful. I mean they could’ve at least made it look more natural or just added a stage where the old pounce n bounce was.

Edited by Rivals

10 hours ago, Rivals said:

just added a stage where the old pounce n bounce was.

I think the key here is that this tree provides almost 100% shade all day round - and having been a character photographer and seeing some full-suit characters coming off stage after just 20 minutes of literally sitting down in full sun, you don't want a stage facing generally west that is going to cop full sun for almost the entire operating day. 

Fun fact - the original looney tunes performance stage, which used to be on the current Road Runner Rollercoaster site faced the same western direction (although it had a roof) - by mid-afternoon, the sun was far enough west that it hit the stage, making it incredibly hot to perform on.

There's a really good reason why Disney has moved many of their character appearance\photos to indoor setups in Florida.

As for the actual stage - there is zero effort to make this fit. plain red sheeting, dull grey hard wearing outdoor marine carpeting by the looks - this befits a school fete or county carnival stage and not a whimsical kids land in a theme park. 

Even digitally printed "red velvet curtains" or the looney tunes rings... something generic that suits the land better than 'plain red sheet'

Who is old enough to remember what this used to look like?

image.png.ca8d3047aaaad41b5f2fb66541c7e2a5.png

• Like 1

recently when talking to Bikash about the rivals paint job, he confirmed that there is multiple improvements and announcements coming to the park soon, these include:

- fright nights will be returning this October

- a big announcement will be made on the 20th of July

he also confirmed that the Rivals Paint job will take 3 years, instead of the rumoured 6 years :)

Edited by Rivals

13 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

I hate to be the person to ask… but i’d assume you sought and have been given permission to publicly post someone’s private message/DM’s onto a public page?

thank you for reminding me.

I have removed the messages but kept the information up, i have now asked if it’s okay to share the screenshot just incase anyone wants proof. i kept the information up though as he wouldn’t have mentioned it to a random if he didn’t want anyone to know

Edited by Rivals

5 hours ago, Ogre said:

Thanks for sharing! Let's hope they announce whatever's replacing Arkham and not another online store or something 😜

i asked if it was anything to do with fright nights which was replied with no something else, and with it looking like Arkham’s demolition will be underway any day now (can’t remember if they have already started or not), we might finally be getting the announcement we’ve been waiting for. let’s hope it’s not the rumoured family coasters🤞🏼

9 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

I hate to be the person to ask… but i’d assume you sought and have been given permission to publicly post someone’s private message/DM’s onto a public page?

Here's the thing - a person in that position, giving information about a large tourist attraction to a person who is clearly a fan\enthusiast (and self describes as a "random") - if he didn't want that information made public, he probably shouldn't have shared it with them. As far as i'm concerned if any employee or official in the park shares information with me - unless they specifically ask me to keep it to myself - that's permission by default.

As for the info - fright nights returning, the paint job taking less time, and "a big announcement is coming" seems like a lot of nothing to me. We've heard of 'big announcements coming soon' before and they've been fairly mediocre. That said - given the demolition of Arkham is well underway, if the big announcement isn't the official replacement for Arkham then it's a beat up as usual.

1 hour ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

Here's the thing - a person in that position, giving information about a large tourist attraction to a person who is clearly a fan\enthusiast (and self describes as a "random") - if he didn't want that information made public, he probably shouldn't have shared it with them. As far as i'm concerned if any employee or official in the park shares information with me - unless they specifically ask me to keep it to myself - that's permission by default.

I don’t have an issue with the info he received being disseminated to others in the way the post has now been edited to be. “I was told this and that” etc.

From a moral perspective though, actually posting a screenshot of a private conversation into a public forum in my opinion is just a little too grey in ethics. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Brad2912 said:

I don’t have an issue with the info he received being disseminated to others in the way the post has now been edited to be. “I was told this and that” etc.

From a moral perspective though, actually posting a screenshot of a private conversation into a public forum in my opinion is just a little too grey in ethics. 

i posted it because normally if you don’t have proof on here you’re called a liar. I never normally share private messages in other situations however people on here are critical and i just wanted to share proof in which i didn’t think to ask, so how about we don’t question the morals and ethics of people we don’t even know :) 

2 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

Yeah nah. Regardless of the delivery method there shouldn't really be an expectation of privacy for a person in his position sharing details like that unless he's specifically asked the person to keep it private. 

And the issue of veracity is very much a valid reason to share the screenshot as mentioned above. A lot of folk call bullshit on this sort of discussion without proof so I can't fault the guy for sharing the evidence, especially where nothing specifically restricted him from doing so.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Rivals said:

how about we don’t question the morals and ethics of people we don’t even know :) 

Hahaha

no one questioned your ethics or morals mate. Put some big boy pants on and don’t act like a victim 🙂

I asked you a question, you were welcome to disagree with me (as others have here) and keep your post up. No one demanded you remove it, but you chose to (and then thank me for asking you the question).

post it back up. Private messages to Park management are fine to share online as I’ve found out today. 

• Like 1

This is the same company that only acknowledged Rivals as a thing two months out from opening, do we seriously think a new for 2024 addition is going to be announced or teased in two weeks?

Unless the plans leaked by a certain staff member haven’t changed (which most likely is the case) we’re not going to have any idea of what this project is until the first footings start to get poured.

Edited by Baconjack

2 hours ago, Baconjack said:

This is the same company that only acknowledged Rivals as a thing two months out from opening, do we seriously think a new for 2024 addition is going to be announced or teased in two weeks?

Unless the plans leaked by a certain staff member haven’t changed (which most likely is the case) we’re not going to have any idea of what this project is until the first footings start to get poured.

When did they announce Leviathan again?

2 hours ago, Baconjack said:

To be fair, they certainly attempted to learn and adapt by being open and transparent about Atlantis before ground was even broken (which in turn has netted them the same result thanks to an entirely different set of unforeseen circumstances).

3 hours ago, Naazon said:

When did they announce Leviathan again?

Still haven't seen much pertaining to the ride and what it is by Village themselves, apart from 4 year old concept art that's incredibly out of date, which they are still using today.

All they needed to do was announce "hey we're building 2 new flat rides and a wooden roller coaster" in a press release at the time and that's it, while slowly creeping up anticipation over the construction period. Instead, they gave us unrealistically elaborate concept art and a whole model (which both looked different to each other) which the whole land doesn't even look remotely close to resembling while being virtually silent marketing wise after that.

I get this partially is a covid thing with the delays, but when people on here are literally doing the work for Village for the love of the hobby, you'd think they would notice.

But hey, it's the thought that counts!

Edited by Baconjack
  • Like 2

So I visited MW again yesterday and I have to applaud the park on what an amazing turnaround they’ve made. The place was looking the best it has in ages and the majority of issues the park had have been addressed. The place was absolutely buzzing and despite the very large crowds, ride operations were noticeably better. The staff overall seemed to be in a far more positive mood too and acted like they really wanted to be there (shout out to the cast member dancing down Main Street and cracking jokes with the public while preparing for the parade. They were an absolute legend and reminded me of a Disney cast member). Having the extra character performers was great too.

I’m still not sure what to think about the new character meet and greet “stage” by the tree in the Looney Tunes area. As others have mentioned, it’s a great idea, but could have at least received a better paint job that’s more fitting for the space. One nice addition I noticed is that they’ve added new speakers around the base of the tree which are now playing the old music loop that used to be heard all throughout the kids area.

2E631328-2400-4723-AF69-77F62C39963F.thumb.jpeg.1288494865dee1799987ba626ddb6703.jpeg 

This has definitely helped address the issue of there being no audio in the land and it’s great to finally have it back after all this time. My only gripe is that it can only be heard around the tree itself and nowhere else, with all the in-ground mushroom and rock speakers that previously covered the area beyond Tweety Cages still abandoned and sitting in disrepair (one had even been ripped out of the ground and dumped on its side, not a great look).  

9C32EF7A-14EF-4E9A-8525-C8843D49E586.thumb.jpeg.eb17b6a6651143d4350dfd5cffbe3d1c.jpeg
86A7E9B2-A56F-4A7E-93D3-97340283EA4E.thumb.jpeg.5858d1372f13e9ddb522709b2a84fb9d.jpeg

It would be nice if they were able to reactivate these speakers to use alongside the new units to help liven up that area of the land too (or even just add a couple new speakers for this section). I also noticed the external music outside Superman Escape wasn’t working either, hopefully the park will address this too at some point. 

Apart from that (and of course Justice League and the Doomsday precinct, which clearly need desperate attention) everything else was really on point and the park had such a great atmosphere, one that it had been lacking for some time. Nice work Movie World! Hopefully this trend continues. 

On an unrelated note, this has appeared next to AA:  

5BF5A439-B72B-454A-8680-7C271A85B7F3.thumb.jpeg.7c7bff03584864d5b37751139936d20a.jpeg

Edited by Noll_57