The Decline Of Movie World

Noll_57

16 minutes ago, Rivals said:

DCR’s operations seem to be getting even worse with it dispatching every 4-7mins. The queue ended up getting to 90mins.

4mins isn’t that bad for one train operation. 7mins is absurd though. 

No doubt MW didn’t take into account that many local council areas had a PH today. 

19 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

4mins isn’t that bad for one train operation. 7mins is absurd though. 

No doubt MW didn’t take into account that many local council areas had a PH today. 

i agree 4mins isn’t bad but when it got to 7mins it was absurd.

They definitely didn’t as crowd control wasn’t a thing, everything had a wait between 30-90mins for the majority of the time.

forgot to add but they’ve trimmed the trees outside of Batwing and Justice League and let’s just say, it looks very interesting.

60AB251E-AB8C-4281-9101-4767AE2CDF9D.thumb.jpeg.16a77049686c8c9a71023be31f36e29a.jpeg

Edited by Rivals

I'm not a horticulturalist, and those trees look fairly heavily pruned, but pruning has to happen if they want it to maintain its shape and not get too large and have to be removed. Spring is only a few weeks away, they'll spring back, but it might take a couple of years to get back to where they were, and then they'll probably be pruned again.

The Scooby trees look like they've been pruned in such a way so as to encourage them to grow away from the building. The only reasons I can think for this is either fire protection (fire break incase tree goes up in flames) or that they're going to put an actual shade structure over the queue and don't want the tree branches to grow over/into it.

16 hours ago, Rivals said:

- DCR’s operations seem to be getting even worse with it dispatching every 4-7mins.

I've timed Rival's operations in both peak and off peak periods and they tend to average 5-6 minutes between dispatches, so 4-7 minutes sounds like butter, not 'getting worse'

- Superman's operations were surprisingly fast with them taking around 1min to dispatch.

I call bullshit on this. I guarantee Superman is not capable of 1 minute dispatches.

- (don’t know if this was already in place) but the exhibition is open from 11-4 however the only thing letting guests know is a sign out the front of the exhibit so guests that went there got sent back as WWF is also closed.

It's ok, zero guests in park actually notice this.

- i haven’t noticed this until now but the food quality is very poor especially for the price.

This isn't anything new.

15 hours ago, Rivals said:

they’ve trimmed the trees outside of Batwing and Justice League and let’s just say, it looks very interesting.

We're getting to the end of Winter and now is the right time to prune them back and have them looking good for Summer. 

13 hours ago, Rabbit2014 said:

Also the outside queue for Scooby has had the trees trimed. 

This has the added benefit of keeping the outdoor queue a little warmer in the winter.

11 hours ago, franky said:

I'm not a horticulturalist, and those trees look fairly heavily pruned, but pruning has to happen if they want it to maintain its shape and not get too large and have to be removed.

Are you sure you're not? because that was a pretty good answer!

11 hours ago, franky said:

they're going to put an actual shade structure over the queue and don't want the tree branches to grow over/into it.

Looking at the way it's been cut, I think you might be onto something. They seem to use this overflow queue a lot more now that they've dedicated one side of the indoor queue to events space, and having an all-weather shelter for an indoor ride makes a lot more sense.

2 hours ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

I call bullshit on this. I guarantee Superman is not capable of 1 minute dispatches. 

You don’t have anything to actually time it but it was definitely A LOT faster then normal and felt like it was around 1min per dispatch.

2 hours ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

This isn't anything new.

normally i don’t eat in park but i don’t remember it being as bad as it was yesterday which is why i noted it down as noticeable.

also about the trees thanks guys for clearing that up cause to me just seeing it made no actual sense

1 hour ago, Rivals said:

You don’t have anything to actually time it but it was definitely A LOT faster then normal and felt like it was around 1min per dispatch.

Don't have anything to time it? Have we really come so far in this technology race that nobody wears a watch anymore? 😮

Much as I dislike referencing TPR - this video is 1:43. The train dispatches around 8 seconds after the video starts, and the video stops just as the train clears the final brake run at 1:39. Even without re-entering the unload station, it's more than 90 seconds from dispatch to brake run, so closer to 2 minutes once you account for unload and cycling.

Between Launch and Unload there are no block sections (the final brake run is not a block as they are eddy brakes and are not capable of stopping the train completely), So even if a second train is on track, it can't launch until the first train has cleared unload completely. 

To avoid stopping the train in the dark-ride section pre-launch, I believe MW's ops generally wait until unload has been completely cleared so that when the Load station is dispatched, the second train can be immediately brought forward into load, which ensures the train doesn't sit and wait on the launch for longer than necessary. I also believe the hydraulic launch duty cycle plays a part there too and needs to cool down in between launches. 

The 

It's been mentioned on this thread what a bad state Justice League is in. Now here's the proof - a recent video which shows just how terrible it is. It's very embarrassing because this video was created by a popular POV channel and has had many thousands of views. As you can see, 90% of the animatronics are either not working or not working properly. The first screen appears to no longer be aligned properly, and three of the screens are blank entirely. The mist curtain and the Green Lantern projection are not working. There is no background audio in the spaceship scene and the Batman narration at the end is missing. From my point of view, this attraction absolutely should not be operating in its current state. I understand the desire to keep things open, but I believe it is doing more harm than good as it currently is

Edited by GoGoBoy

6 weeks is a long time for a ride that needs basically none so I would imagine there must be some decent work going on to the rides effects/theming/av given that's all the ride is comprised of.

I would much sooner see JL returned to good condition and money spent on other additions than them spend millions on replacing it with something likely similar.

14 hours ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

I'm sorry, but if he's meaning 1 minute dispatches from when the train is fully parked in the load station to being sent onto the course. It is very possible with a good entry host and if you have a sorter. Staff can easily do a full train harness check and dispatch within about 30-40 seconds if on the ball and no one has any loose items.

General dispatch time from the load platform tends to be between 60-90 seconds with 2 trains and full staffing. Haven't seen it in a while, but when I was there a few weeks ago the staff were dispatching about every 75 seconds from when the train parked.

• Like 1

If that's what was meant, fair enough, but in context, the post read like this:

On 08/08/2022 at 3:58 PM, Rivals said:

- DCR’s operations seem to be getting even worse with it dispatching every 4-7mins. The queue ended up getting to 90mins.

- Superman's operations were surprisingly fast with them taking around 1min to dispatch.

Two references to dispatches, two different metrics. 

1 hour ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

If that's what was meant, fair enough, but in context, the post read like this:

Two references to dispatches, two different metrics. 

I meant when the train was fully park in the load station, I didn’t think anyone would think that i was including the train moving from the unload to load stations.

10 hours ago, rappa said:

I would much sooner see JL returned to good condition and money spent on other additions than them spend millions on replacing it with something likely similar.

I agree. Justice League is fine as an attraction but it just needs some love. If they wanted to drum up some hype, they could take the attraction down for a few months to upgrade all the tech and hit up Sally Corp to add the Joker animatronic from 'Battle of Metropolis'.

Considering that Batman has lost his flagship attraction, it wouldn't be too bad of an idea to lean into Batman more for this ride. 

• Like 1

A lot of the animated characters appear to be moving but the lighting isn't working so you can't even see them. 

Problem is, I don't think the tech is any newer, its still IR based. You can't just add things to a ride like this, the whole sequence has to be rewritten and everything coded to operate each scene has to be changed as even small variations in triggering messes up the queued events to follow. It's designed around some old control systems with everything being dmx triggered. To make significant changes, it really needs to be gutted and replaced. If you had an unlimited budget it would be a trackless ride now. I think the best we could hope for would be a ride in as delivered condition, that is, all the interactive elements that no longer work, all the lighting and effects that provide theming will be repaired or replaced. 

Adding joker doesn't make a whole lot of sense as Starro is the villain. If they were going to add anything animatronic to the ride, they should add a captured Starro animatronic to the unload/exit tunnel area, like he is being lead away after justice league saved earth. Problem is, even a basic humanoid character animatronic can cost over $100,000 USD. 

Edited by Levithian
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Guest 239 said:

I agree. Justice League is fine as an attraction but it just needs some love. If they wanted to drum up some hype, they could take the attraction down for a few months to upgrade all the tech

Justice League: Next Generation? *shudders*