Dreamworld increase annual pass prices

I feel like bundling WWW and DW together is a smart choice, just because I doubt you'd have many people justifying $129 + whatever WWW on top of that with Dreamworld in its current state. Maybe once everything is back open and they're back in full swing post-pandemic, but without the international tourists half of the park is just dead. 

Though how is it still cheaper than LPS? 

As it currently stands, you can buy a one park season pass to Dreamworld, but not WWW. That is not smart. WWW doesn't have a positive or a negative reputation, but all its branding is combined with a place that does. That is also not smart.

I mean more in terms of identity. WnW despite the Village marketing still has its own identity seperate to MW and SW. WWW doesn't have this, and I think if they did it would help the situation out of sight.

This is against every marketing play of the past decade where it's been 100% about passes, but I would love to see WWW go off school and push single day tickets at the start of next 'season' and price them at a reasonable level. Something like $50 a head. Remember it's not about a high day ticket price to push cheap passes, it's just about getting people through the door at all. Market the parks separately, open the park everyday from when they reopen, and do some 'adults at kids prices' and push the ever loving shit out of it. If you want to do a deal when you're there to upgrade to a DW year pass, so be it, but push the park that people will go to, and let them come without trying to get them to commit to a year of a park they don't want to go to.

EDIT that seems more combative than I intended it to 🤔

Edited by joz
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, joz said:

I mean more in terms of identity. WnW despite the Village marketing still has its own identity seperate to MW and SW. WWW doesn't have this, and I think if they did it would help the situation out of sight.

Absolutely agree with you. WWW feels like an extension of Dreamworld and not it's own thing despite being a great water park. I know people who have gone to WnW for a day trip and that's it for their park visits, but I can't think of anybody who has just gone to WWW.

I agree that it would be wise to give it its own identity, and that might even benefit their value proposition in the long run as well. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Dom said:

Absolutely agree with you. WWW feels like an extension of Dreamworld and not it's own thing despite being a great water park. I know people who have gone to WnW for a day trip and that's it for their park visits, but I can't think of anybody who has just gone to WWW.

Me.

In the past I have arrived at WWW an hour after opening and they won't let anybody in because they are full.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, New display name said:

In the past I have arrived at WWW an hour after opening and they won't let anybody in because they are full.

Does that speak to how popular the park is, or how small it is compared to 'biggest n best' down the road?

13 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

It’s less hectic than WnW and easier to get some undercover seating.

You should go to Dreamworld more. They're all about the shaded seating there..