Stay, Play and Cruise in Queensland: Royal Caribbean and Village Roadshow Theme Parks' New Partnership

Parkz News

Stay, Play and Cruise in Queensland: Royal Caribbean and Village Roadshow Theme Parks' New Partnership

Two of the biggest icons in family adventure have come together to create the ultimate end-to-end Queensland getaway. Royal Caribbean International has teamed up with Village Roadshow Theme Parks to offer guests sailing from Brisbane on Quantum of the Seas access to exclusive accommodation and attraction packages, combining two amazing family experiences into one holiday with plenty of added perks.

Click here to continue reading

*checks press release from village contains the words "world class"* - TICK!

I do love the gold coast mayor and tourism team spruiking this partnership between the parks and a brisbane based cruise, given how vocal the GC locals were in opposition to creating their own cruise terminal. 

The GC needs to wake up and embrace cruising rather than relying on Brisbane to deliver the goods.

• Like 1

I'm not sure I'm following, could someone fill me in? Are they bundling the parks into cruise packages and bussing everyone from Hamilton to Sea World Resort?

What I think I'm getting here is that if you buy a cruise package you can get 15% off theme parks, which is a good idea and i'm all for that, i'm just not sure a coupon code is press release material.

Disregard that, noticed the unlimited entry bit which is the interesting bit. So if you book a cruise I wonder when you can use the unlimited entry?

On 31/03/2022 at 2:14 PM, New display name said:

Where would you put it?

It's not really a new concept and already deemed feasible...

Wave Break Island Cruise Terminal Feasible - Offshore Energy (offshore-energy.biz)

On 31/03/2022 at 2:21 PM, New display name said:

What have you got against MW's car park?

Several million metric tonnes of dredging?

34 minutes ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

Several million metric tonnes of dredging?

A joke.

36 minutes ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

It's not really a new concept and already deemed feasible...

Wave Break Island Cruise Terminal Feasible - Offshore Energy (offshore-energy.biz)

Wave Break Island has already been knocked back many times

13 minutes ago, New display name said:

Wave Break Island has already been knocked back many times

For political and nimby related reasons, yes... It is feasible, but many locals oppose it as they don't wish to have their 'little paradise' disturbed by tourists, whilst remaining blind to the fact that tourists are the very thing that keep them in such a paradise. (see also: gold coast light rail).