New attractions coming in 2005.

Bussy

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

The ride(s) are not carnival rides and are more of a permanent thing. All I will say at the moment is 'think outside the square'. I am waiting for a bit more info before I say what rides will be there, but there won't be any 'thrill' rides as such appearing at Luna Park. Yeah Huss that signature was very boring, not like mine. "The Bus is now leaving for St. Albans Permanent Common, NSW"

Well luna park does allready have 4 huss rides so they could decide to go with a huss ride i would personaly like to see a rainbow (but then the residents would complain about it blocking the veiw of the harbour) or a paratrooper, Matterhorn, Jump or Moveit 24 or 32 would go well in the park.

i think that the most thrilling carnival ride that doesn't take up much space at all and is so much fun and is thrilling would have to be the Zipper, it would suit the park so well and would fit perfectly even it could fit at the top where the tumble bug is, i mean come on there is still some vacant space behind coney island for some more rides and if i was luna park i would put a roller coaster a small loop coaster on top of coney island or on top of that party reception building on the warf. The park yeah is small, but larger than what people actually think so yeah there is room for a few more thrill rides, keep in mind they have solved such problems like this with ride on top of food outlets or buildings.

Thats what I said didnt I? Oh, I said the 32 version. Bah. Rainbow at Luna Park? really, it'd be too boring unless it was right next to the water (then it'd be exciting!). As for some rides lying there near a freeway construction, well, on the Camden Valley way, there is a whole fleet of rides sitting there, although I think they may be used from time to time. The only one I can remember being there is a Cha-Cha, but there are others. Another ride I'd like there: A Zipper, I very much agree, it'd be an awesome addition to the park, and at nightime, dare I say, It'd look spectacular, if it was lit properly of course.

There used to be a Zipper at Luna Park in the 70's. It replaced the old Tumble Bug ride and sat behind the original giant bug at the front of the park near the face and towers. The main advantage of a ride like this is that yes, I believe it would fit nicely next to the Tumble Bug on the dodgems roof. I'd personally like to see something a little more modern and a little more permanent though. Luna Park has enough portable 70's rides as it is. And Nightshifter is right about there being plenty of vacant space in Maloney's Corner. They could do anything with that space... even another coaster if they really wanted to

I don't think Zipper would be agood addition to the park...it has generally smooth rides as it is and Zipper is not smooth.Honestly,the things a real eyesore,all of Luna Parks rides are nice looking IMHO and I don't think you can make Zipper look nice. Rainbow near the water,now that's a good idea...

I dont think the Zipper is by any means ugly. It looks thrilling. It looks like a menacing piece of machinery, and it looks damn impressive at night time. What another problem would be though, is if it'd be popular at Luna Park, with all the little kids I saw there the day I went, I cant help but feel that it'd be a little unpopular.

Well I'm pretty damn sure given Bus's past and what he said that any rides are currently still standing in a quite little spot right next to some major freeway construction... Am I warm man?
About time someone picked up on what I was saying, if I had been any more obvious I would have had to supply diagrams showing how the ride(s) are going to be transported. As for Luna Park getting a Rainbow or another coaster it won't happen. Just look at the reason why Dreamworld has Cyclone, it's the same reason the park closed and why staff cop abuse from residents. "The Bus is now leaving for Village Of Copteton, NSW"

Wonderbus are you suggesting Luna Park is going to purchase some of Wonderland's old rides? I can't think of a single ride they would want that would benefit the park (especially considering most of Luna Park's target market would have already ridden the same rides lots of times before) so I think it's probably highly unlikely. In regards to coasters it is pretty obvious LPS won't get anything big but something smaller along the lines of a Galaxi coaster would fit in well in Maloney's Corner. Anything to replace the unattractive visuals provided by the temporary looking set up of the ranger and spider... not to mention the random childrens rides along the edge

There used to be a Zipper at Luna Park in the 70's. It replaced the old Tumble Bug ride and sat behind the original giant bug at the front of the park near the face and towers. The main advantage of a ride like this is that yes, I believe it would fit nicely next to the Tumble Bug on the dodgems roof. I'd personally like to see something a little more modern and a little more permanent though. Luna Park has enough portable 70's rides as it is. And Nightshifter is right about there being plenty of vacant space in Maloney's Corner. They could do anything with that space... even another coaster if they really wanted to
Ahh indeed, Wittingslow operated their very retro Zipper at both Sydney and Melbourne's Luna Parks. Very popular I hear too, but then Wittingslow decided to get it back on the road. Also having a rainbow would be good, but LP would have to get a new one off HUSS.

About time someone picked up on what I was saying, if I had been any more obvious I would have had to supply diagrams showing how the ride(s) are going to be transported. As for Luna Park getting a Rainbow or another coaster it won't happen.  Just look at the reason why Dreamworld has Cyclone, it's the same reason the park closed and why staff cop abuse from residents. "The Bus is now leaving for Village Of Copteton, NSW"
but dude think, if Ranger is ok, Rainbow would be too! just place it further back, and not so close to the water. Or does Luna Park wanna boot Ranger still?