Ride photos.

Bussy

These photos were taken in the week leading up to the parks closure. Have a close look at the state of the track on Beastie, and then tell me that it will re-open in a new location. beastie-backcurve.jpg - Taken from the Skyrider station. beastie-brakes.jpg - From behind the train. beastie-entrance.jpg - Entrance to Beastie. beastie-lift.jpg - Standing at the bottom of the Beastie lift. beastie-train.jpg - The Beastie train sitting in the emergency brakes before the station. bushbeast-backcurve.jpg - Standing under the Back Curve of Bush Beast. bushbeast-fancurve.jpg - Standing under the fan curve of Bush Beast. skyrider.jpg - Looking over the buildings in HB where the gondolas came into the station. skyrider-station.jpg - Some of Skyrider's gondola's in the HB station. zodiac-probe.jpg - Standing under Zodiac as it is lifting off. "The Bus is now leaving for Picture Hill, Western Australia"

Paul i think thats a well established fact by now... http://www.parkz.com.au/forums/sh...p=4098#post4098 http://www.parkz.com.au/forums/sh...12555#post12555 From what i have gathered bus was a long-term operator with experience on most if not all of the attractions at Wonderland...

So very sad to see what has become of beastie. the rust on the lift hill almost brought a tear to my eye. The train looks so rundown too. some of my first memories of Wonderland are on that ride. Out of curiosity, I recall when i was young that the lift hill track was sunk below the walkway on either side... kind of like how it is at the station but lower... when i was about 5 or so, i recall being able to reach over the side of the train and touch the wood... does anyone remember that? any other pics floating around we haven't seen yet Bus?

I agree with Alex. Beastie and HBL were my first memories of Wonderland and Beastie was my first Rollercoaster Ride. I feel very sad indeed. Especially after the rust on the lift hill and look at the rust on the chain. Also, do you have any pics of HBL after it closed? How bad was the neglection near the parks End of Life? Or better still, how bad was it as HBL Closed?

• 2 months later...

I agree with Alex. Beastie and HBL were my first memories of Wonderland and Beastie was my first Rollercoaster Ride. I feel very sad indeed. Especially after the rust on the lift hill and look at the rust on the chain. Also, do you have any pics of HBL after it closed? How bad was the neglection near the parks End of Life? Or better still, how bad was it as HBL Closed? Bussy, you haven't answered my question yet, do you have any pictures of when Hanna Barberra Land closed?

I have a couple of pics of Beastie which I think I have posted here. Besides that I don't have any photos of the area in general. It was pretty much what you would expect from an area that hadn't been used extensively for a long time, paint peeling, weeds everywhere, etc. "The Bus is now leaving for Weedoodoo Rockhole, Western Australia"

The first time i visited, (after HBL's closure) i saw a cheap paintjob on a building close to the fence (Black and purple to be precise). I thought they painted it to fit into the Transilvania Theme, but it looked like from a closer look, that it had burned down. Anyone know anything about it?
It didn't have any fire damage it was, as you said, a bad paint job. I think the reason for the black and purple colours was to tie it into the Transylvania theme. "The Bus is now leaving for Purple Hut, South Australia"

Well to me, it looked like fire damage, so they painted it. Insulation was sticking out everywhere, and the wooden bats (as in Frame Bats). And had smoke damage down the other end of the building (in other words, where the "Themeing" from HBL stoped.
Trust me there was no fire damage to that building. The way the paint was done was to make it look like that, same with the insulation. "The Bus is now leaving for Doubt Fire Dam, South Australia"

• 4 months later...
The first time i visited, (after HBL's closure) i saw a cheap paintjob on a building close to the fence (Black and purple to be precise). I thought they painted it to fit into the Transilvania Theme, but it looked like from a closer look, that it had burned down. Anyone know anything about it?
I think you'll find that the burnt look was the result of the hardcoated foam "theming" of that particular HB outlet being removed from the building, as it was still visible over the new 'Wonderwall'. The sections that were too difficult to remove were partly hidden by a sheeted wall and then all of it was painted charcoal. Definately not designed to fit in with Transylvania Theming.