Easter 2022 Crowds at the Theme Parks

themagician

Made it to DW yesterday for the first visit since mid December.

Park was not overly busy, though the passing showers would no doubt have impacted numbers.

SV was about a 15min wait (one cycle)

Shockwave about 10mins

Tailspin 10mins

EFMM 5mins

Didn't get a chance to get ST a whirl as was with my son and he’s not at that level yet - but checked out the area and was impressed with how they’ve tried to tie the surrounding area into the theme. Will probably head down solo this week sometime to try it out.

it was also the final day of the Street Food Festival. Was disappointed that the old Trolls area was closed so all those food options were gone. The concept however I think has decent merit and the options were popular from what I could see and the pricing was entirely horrendous 

1 hour ago, Brad2912 said:

Was disappointed that the old Trolls area was closed so all those food options were gone.

I don't think that area was open for the event. We went on tail spin during our visit and the whole area still had Halloween signage up.

1 hour ago, Brad2912 said:

but checked out the area and was impressed with how they’ve tried to tie the surrounding area into the theme

I liked the ST area, feels modern and new. The rock in the garden around the entry/exit seemed to be getting chucked around by the kids waiting for the adults on the ride (rocks were all over the path etc). The whole area smelt like a freshly paved road (tarry smell), not sure where this is coming from as everything looked to be concrete and wood.

The rock structures in the ride area don't look like they've been sealed adequately enough, when you come off the MCBR there's like a calcium deposit all over the rockwork/track which is a shame considering it's only been open for about 5 months.

9 minutes ago, Park Addict 93 said:

It’s not that VQ was not working, or that it was consumed.

Have confirmed that it has been turned off during the holidays, bit dodgy considering it’s an advertised inclusion with tickets and One Shot was still available for purchase.

I heard quite a number of people comment on how early the VQ's were 'consumed' when lining up at 9:30 to enter the park. Surprised they don't have the option to remove the VQ setting from the app altogether to avoid confusion.

2 hours ago, franky said:

don't think that area was open for the event. We went on tail spin during our visit and the whole area still had Halloween signage up.

Yeah that just have just been a bad assumption by me, as when on tail spin I saw all the buildings with food names “Churros” etc so admittedly I assumed they were for the street festival 

• Like 1