Food and drink not allowed into Dreamworld/Movieworld

Vidgamer

We are locals and have annual passes to Movieworld and Dreamworld. I have just noticed that Dreamworld and Movieworld have both updated their terms and conditions to prohibit outside food being taken into the parks (sandwiches etc..), which makes the parks a lot more expensive for families. I am wondering if anyone else has noticed this subtle (but large) change and if it's something they can see Movieworld and Dreamworld continuing.

it’s more food like maccas or other fast food chains you are eating when walking into the park, that’s really the only time they’ll actually stop you. I always use to take in food in my back and never got stopped even when they looked inside my bag, i think it’s one of those ‘rules’ no one really acts upon excluding the fast food chain food

@Rivals in saying that, I remember pre Covid I saw a Chinese tour group at MW sat at tables seating sandwiches they brought in and security walked over and told them they couldn’t eat them in the park. Which I thought was really weird and is it actually necessary to enforce like that (I get the park want you to buy their food, but still).

I did notice DW have a sign out the front of the park currently, which I presume is there while the food festival is on 

That’s been the case for forever, certainly not new.

they are fine with snacks (packets of lollies, chips etc) but if it looks like your bringing a picnic that’s where you’ll have a problem. 

WnW and WWW are the exceptions though where they don’t mind you bringing in food (as long as not commercially prepared) and being able to bring esky’s too is great 

2 minutes ago, rappa said:

For christ sake do you take your own snacks to a restaurant? No, of course not!

If people wanna take an esky for of junk to eat then go enjoy Southport parklands like every other cheapskate. 

some people don’t feel like paying $20+ (given, dreamworlds food seems to be cheaper and has pass discounts) for dry, very average, theme park food… if you want to do that then go ahead 

some guests are on a budget, with tickets ranging from $100-$200, i doubt a lot of people want to spend more on very average food

Edited by Rivals

Tbf, if a restaurant churned out the trash I had at the VRTP parks a few weeks ago they wouldn't stay a restaurant for very long.  You either play properly in the restaurant space and as such can make comparisons to what is and isn't allowed in restaurants, or you keep doing what you're doing now with abysmal offerings and turn a blind eye.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, rappa said:

For christ sake do you take your own snacks to a restaurant? No, of course not!

If people wanna take an esky for of junk to eat then go enjoy Southport parklands like every other cheapskate. 

Yeah well that’s a piss poor, privileged attitude if ever I’ve seen one. 

A theme park isn’t a restaurant, nor do you spend 7 hours at a restaurant. 

Anyone with enough money to blow $6 for a packet of chips that costs $1.20 at Coles - they can spend their money on it - but most people can’t. 

tbh you sound like an entitled moron with that comment. So people that don’t have much expendable money are cheapskates? You got kids? A family? Mortgage? Or do you just sit in your one bedroom apartment on your high horse looking down on people? 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly just be sensible and discreet about it. I pack a little lunch box with sandwiches, a couple of pieces of fruit and a little packet of chips for my kids almost every time I visit the park and I have never once ran into trouble with it.  Sure if you bring in a freaking bucket of chicken from KFC for a large group they will probably tell you to take it outside. But I have never had a problem. 

• Like 1